Install BSD

Install BSD.

Attached: FreeBSD_Fs_Linux.jpg (200x205, 17K)

thanks i just did

Sorry, I like having a usable operating system.

I will. I remembered I had a 500gb laptop hdd that I could install OpenBSD on. On the X230 it's super easy to swap the hard drive.

Nah.

Attached: linux (the one I'm using).png (602x500, 22K)

No thanks. I did, and won't be making the same mistake in the current or any upcoming lifetime.
Also, please stop shilling garbage.

Has systemd been ported to OpenBSD yet?

If not, fuck off.

I don't think the FreeBSD CoC would allow the mascot to be playing such a masculine role. In reality, its mascot would be the one getting fucked by some green hair whale with a strap on

can i install it on an old android phone?

No games.

Attached: DBCs1L9UAAIYXXa.jpg (1200x800, 133K)

>has shit been ported to a decent OS yet

>android
botnet

REEEEE

no systemd in FreeBSD ever!!!!

Underrated

Also no fortunes.

I already have

>dhewm3
>openrct2
>openmw
>openrw
>micropolis
>emulators
>Linux games if on FreeBSD
>OpenBSD comes with games

why?

Should I install Ghost or Dragonfly?

Give me a quick rundown on NetBSD.
It seems like:
* FreeBSD is advanced but not secure, a cucked
* OpenBSD is based and secure, but 80s technology when it comes to kernel, file system, etc.

No one talks about NetBSD. Yet they seem to have a decent balance of nice features.

NetBSD's focus is portability

what if i install BSD user space programs with linux kernel?

All its vaunted portability means is that they cross compile a release every few months and check that it gets to the login prompt. Good luck using the lower-tier platforms for 90 seconds without freezing.

OpenBSD supports fewer platforms but every one of them is capable of handling the load of a full system rebuild.

If they're cross compiling for an arch then it's already been ported to the arch, portability's irrelevant at that point as it's already been ported. The idea is that it's easy to get NetBSD running on new hardware

Which platform did you experience that on?

Net, Open, Free, Dragonfly, which one and why? For a laptop.

I think their focus is more on having the best, modular architecture.
Which allows not just portability, but also:
* Cross compilation
* Reproducible builds
* Userland drivers/ RUMP kernels
* etc.

They have a firewall that's like PF, but SMP-friendly. And it has more exploit mitigations than FreeBSD (it now has WX, KASLR, PIE code, etc.)

OpenBSD
>why
The devs eat their own dogfood