pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread

>News
Geekhack sold to Massdrop:
While many speculated that zeal would be the one to purchase this community, the large vendor massdrop has placed a higher bid. It is unknown what plans they have in store, or how they plan to integrate the sites group buys with their online e-commerce site. But with well over $40 million Geekhack won't be going anywhere soon.

Cherry teasing new switches:
Chad Vendette, the director of marketing at Cherry America teased in an interview with keychatter that Cherry is indeed working on new (possibly low profile) switches. With the sudden explosion of mechanical keyboards and the new pressure from chines companies it's no surprise that cherry is responding to the market in order to remain on top.

Attached: Varmilo PUBG.jpg (1600x524, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kck.st/2tWmJlG
amazon.com/gp/product/B076GVZ8HW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/gp/product/B01BMJ0Y76
keebtalk.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for infrared, Analog detection gimmick keyboard, or useful innovation? Wooting Two kck.st/2tWmJlG

Where can I a backlight-able "Menu" key compatible with Cherry MX. The one that's supposed to be to the right of the fucking worthless right windows, except people keep replacing it with a non ISO Fn. WHO NEEDS TWO FUCKING WINDOWS KEYS? Programmers actually use the, unique, fucking menu key.

>amazon.com/gp/product/B076GVZ8HW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How bad did I fuck up? Pic related.

>pbt
>backlit

6.25 space bar hopefully for my ducky

Attached: 41XG-yCca9L.jpg (500x167, 28K)

maxkey

looks like shit

>maxkey
Thanks

Attached: 20180707_013322.jpg (2392x5312, 2.45M)

why did you post a picture of a piece of poo on a mechanical keyboard thread?

is it stupid to not be using my IBM model M because i dont want to ruin/damage it?

Yes. Just don't spill shit on it like a retard. Otherwise a model m is basically indestructible.

Yes that's retarded.

The switch design of the model m is extremely versatile, the only thing you're gonna break (after 10 years maybe) would be a spring, which takes 0 effort to replace.

the membrane would fail before any of the serious parts. and you could always replace it after you bolt mod it

>tfw keyboard stuck at JFK customs
Suffering

Mine's just left Richmond customs

Feels good, man

numpad stuff came in today. Has royals with a jade on the escape key, and this thing is pretty hefty already even with the case alone

Attached: EE1D82FC-2CF2-432C-BE8D-EEC41B1472A8.jpg (4032x3024, 2.17M)

What's the obsession with replacing the Esc key? When the fuck does anyone use that apart from very ocassionally in video games?

The Anne Pro's stabilizers make me want to rip open my eardrums. Even after lubing the stabilizers' stems and basic lubing the wire (i.e. lubed what you can before de-soldering) it's still terrible.

That's the point, it's not often used so it's perfect for a novelty key or an artisan to add flair.

Oh I get it, it's a delusional thing for kids that dye their hair and wannaexpressthemself. The fact that it's used or not makes no difference even to your wiggle room for expression.

>The fact that it's used or not makes no difference even to your wiggle room for expression
what did he mean by this

Can I just skip out on stabilizers if I'm using BOX switches?

No.

Oh, okay. I'd heard they're more sturdy, wasn't sure how much so.

The stems are less wobbly, but you'd still need stabilizers obviously. Might just be my experience with SA caps, but I find box switches are slightly less forgiving of off center presses as a result.

what is /mkg/'s opinion on cherry mx black switches?

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: fadesfd.jpg (640x480, 70K)

they arent bad

Does anyone possibly wanna buy a Filco Majestouch 2 pretty cheap? Or know a good place to sell mkb?

Attached: large_1817_Majestouch2[1].jpg (1200x900, 181K)

>Or know a good place to sell mkb?
Geekhack ads, deskthority, or Jow Forumsmechmarket.

>signing up to forums and shit

can someone just squarecash me like 40 bucks and ill ship it to you

Why Aren't 75% Keyboards More Popular?

WTF! I bought mine for $150 back in the day...
Shitty ABS keycaps
Pinging noises
No LEDs

It's just a barebones board, why was it so expensive and why did I fall for the meme...

Attached: 75 kb.jpg (1190x1462, 621K)

pinging noises? keycaps are shitty, they're shiny. no leds is a good thing.

eventually stopped using it because the spacebar brutalized my thumb, a problem i never had in like 30 years of typing before

Are unicomps still good? There are so many of them, how do I know which one i want!?

Have you tried flipping the spacebar upside down? That's what I do with mine!

Attached: file.png (749x768, 153K)

They're still good.
> how do I know which one i want
They're functionally the same. They only differ in bottom row layout, keycap legends, and layout.
> flipping the spacebar upside down
Disgusting

Holy crackers! That's an expensive shipping fee...

Attached: file.png (987x450, 23K)

>International
Rip
Would probably be more economical to see if anyone is selling some model Ms more locally.

got one of these for my first. Cherry blues, jap layout. Did I do good?

Attached: mini_photo_09.jpg (600x397, 50K)

amazon.com/gp/product/B01BMJ0Y76

these seem to be legit cherry blues and for just $40
worth trying out for my first mechanical?
build quality doesn't matter as much since it's just $40

Cherry is terrible and scratchy, but if you've tried blues and like them, then of course you should get it, the reviews seem positive.

Not by Jow Forums's standards l, but if you like it then yeah, that's kind of the point.

How the fuck do you guys choose a keyboard, seriously? It's giving me such a hard time.
Do I want a 100% or a Ten key less? Do I need arrow keys and if not should I get a 60%? What switches do I get if I cant try them out? How do I know if I should get Cherrys or Topres? (both of which get memed on here) What about Alps or Kailh? I don't know because I've never typed on any of them. Should I get LEDs in them? Could help in the dark but the screen would illuminate it if I need it to for some reason. I play some games but mostly browse around talking and typing on the computer, so what the fuck do I choose?

Jesus Christ this is fucking over whelming. Was thinking of Unicomp Ultra Classic, but also thinking about Vortex Vibe, but I have absolutely no idea.

Attached: AI7B4613_copy_20171227120027.jpg (955x637, 57K)

MX BLACKS with 104 keys, you ALWAYS need a numpad despite what the memers say.

>MX BLACKS
Why do you say those in particular?

Anyone tried Matias keyboards?

Attached: 1464856030_603.jpg (1600x1067, 269K)

what do you mean with scratchy?

Heavy enough to simulate buckling springs or fake the "tactile" feeling by being hard to press
Linear which is different from rubber domes

I've briefly had a kbp v60 with quiet clicks, but not any of matias' own boards. The switches themselves are pretty quiet, but because alps stems are more wobbly than MX you instead get keycap rattle as the loudest part of the boards sound.

Reasonable. Ive only ever typed on rubber domes. I was only considering the Unicomps because I hear buckling springs/model Ms are GOAT from these threads.

Just spilled water on my keyboard and fried it cause I didn't unplug it fast enough so I'm in the market for a new one.

I was using cherry blues, I like the action but they are louder than I would like. I wouldn't mind lessening or even removing the click/force needed to click. My friend kept telling topres are super sick, how are they actually? Reading about actuation force and looking at charts and stuff doesn't really mean anything to me, it's hard to get a good idea in my head of what they're like so best I can do is get your guys' opinions.

Also want something without the numpad, last one I was using (das keyboard) was way too big. You guys got any suggestions? Preferably about $100, i could go higher maybe up to $150 if its really worth it but would prefer not to. I'm not really into the flashing LEDs and gamer lights a lot of kbs have nowadays.

Ducky one TKL with mx clears.

are there any affordable kbs with topres? they all seem like $200+. I really like the size and look/style of the Leopold FC660C do you know of anything like that but cheaper?

There are the chink clones, and the type-heavens. The latter doesn't have the nice PBT keycaps that normally come with realforce boards though.

>the chink clones
which one are those? Realforce? I don't know what PBT keycaps are either

Noppoo makes some topre clones, there are probably others that I'm not remembering as well. Realforce boards are probably what you're seeing when you look at the ~$200 topres (aside from leopold). PBT is just a different type of plastic which is much more wear resistant than ABS. The latter is what a lot of (cheap) boards use.

Ahh I see. Cheap clone switches sound sketchy, I really want to try topres but I dunno if I'm willing to shell out $200+ especially when I can't be sure I'll like them. Guess I will just get something with cherries. I'd rather spend the money on custom keycaps anyways.

Do you guys know of anything like the pok3r but 65? I really like the look of it. Or something like pic related. Minimalist border/padding, just the keys. All the ones I'm finding seem to be pretty expensive or build it yourself kits which I don't want to mess with.

Attached: 97gwSc7.jpg (5184x3456, 3.09M)

Look at a tada68.

Oh shit, that's perfect. How are the Gaterons? I've never used them, I heard they are like cheap knockoff cherries, is that true or just shitposting?

Gaterons are arguably better than cherry switches.

Okay cool. Also what is the difference between the saber68 and tada68? They seem identical to me or is one a knockoff of the other?

Seems like the saber68 is just originativeco's flavor of tada68, which you can get prebuilt with MOD switches.

Aight, thanks for all the help man. Think I'm gonna go with the tada68.

No probs m8.

>Geekhack sold to Massdrop

I still don't know how I feel about this. Massdrop benefits from Geekhack being an independent site. Massdrop's blog post says that they plan to keep Geekhack at arm's length. But.. but? Does it feel wrong?

>Anyone tried Matias keyboards?
Yep. I have one of their older full-size keyboards. Mechanically? Nice. Electrically? Not so good. I found the controller would take a vacation every few hours to every few weeks. It just stopped responding to keypresses. Sadly, there are no replacement parts from Matias. I already asked.

you guys seen this site?

keebtalk.com/

GeekHack refugees started it and it's community owned and run. Just signed up..

apparently, GH was sold :(

>GeekHack refugees
Nah, it was Input Club, who are just still salty over the Halo switches thing so they made their own forum as soon as they heard Massdrop was buying Geekhack.

tl;dr: petty drama

whats this called, looks decent

Ducky Mini

Logitech keyboard user here, so I have access to their keypress/macro stuff.

I want to my macro button to do G when I press it down, and then G again when I let go of the key.
Like the shift key for writing, but G.

What this user said, it's just Input Club, that pretentious fag from TopClack that spews "philosophical" bullshit during a fucking keyboard review, and that fag that makes ridiculously overpriced keyboard cases for retail boards, not even custom kits.

It's just a couple of butthurt faggots that'll whine about Massdrop for a while, and then everyone will forget their dumb little site. And their "feature rich, and high performance mobile-friendly site" layout is fucking shit.

It's my favorite board so far. I have 2.

i ruined my ducky mx silver fullsize and can't get the switches to feel the same way again...
what should i replace it with? to be honest, the QC wasn't that good on it in the first place, the board would sink down in the bottom right corner

would like a fullsize mx silver again, looking for "blank" aesthetics (not the keycaps, i've got my own custom set) around the edge of the board, maybe sharp edge instead of just bezels, if that exists?
i've done some searching myself but I can't really find anything other than ducky so i'm getting frustrated, do you guys know? will I have to go completely self-constructed?

Not many companies offer silvers besides the usual crap companies. You could always grab a custom kit, or look for a board with Kailh Speed Silver switches.

I wouldn't recommend it, but I heard WASD and CODE keyboards are *decent*.

Just make a Tada68 or KBD75 with silvers or something.

i guess ill just make it myself, WASD keyboard shipping is too pricy to justify

Attached: file.png (310x139, 10K)

Post dirty keebs

Attached: 20180707_115240.jpg (4032x3024, 3.9M)

still better than giving it to the ZealPC faggot

I really like my Vibe I recommend it. It's a good board to modify also. I'm going to swap the switches and add LED's on mine.

Does anyone know what type of switch this is? It's from a Sony keyboard.

Attached: 19914608034780.jpg (608x464, 39K)

TKL is an absolute meme.
Full keyboard or bust.

They're not, because left hand numpad is far better.

Attached: IMG_0975.jpg (3264x2448, 1.97M)

>currently have white keeb
>want a black one as well
>also want to get a numpad at some point
How would you handle this? What color numpad would you get? My desk is black (subject to change, current ikea shit is kind of falling apart), and my monitors and mouse is black, while my mousepad is silver metal.

Bit the bullet on a Ducky One 2 TKL and I already love it in comparison to my shitty "faux mechanical keyboard" that I had before.

Is there anything you guys do when you get a new keyboard?

What's the official keyboard layout of /mkg/? I'm thinking about my 1st mech being an excuse to switch to Colemak

Get Topre 87UB and 23UB. Like but black.

Stop being a retarded memelord and use Qwerty like any normal human.

pick it up, feel the weight, give it a slight twist to see if it creaks, test every key individually, turn the status lights on and off for a few minutes, test the different cable trough exits and feet heights if applicable, place it side by side with a few other keyboards to compare the typing feel and sound, waggle the keys to see if they're firmly in place, test pressing the far sides of long keys to see if they register well

Don't listen to Use Workman

Where can I find space cadet style caps like ?

on mechmarket where you'll pay an arm and a leg for them because they're from an old and disastrous group buy

Not counting massdrop of course

Don't want to buy overpriced sa caps that take a year to ship ffs, I just can't find normal oem pbt SC caps for some reason.

>they're from an old and disastrous group buy
The ones in my pic are SP Symbiosis, not the GB.

Its steno

Did you pay $96 for them? That's how much they're going for now

That's twice the price if my keyboard ffs

I don't remember how much they were. I bought them straight from the source. Got the core alphanumeric set and the alternate caps locks set.

Anybody who spends more than $100 on a keyboard is not a normal human by any stretch of the imagination to begin with.

>tfw you spent $420 on a keyboard

Attached: IMG_0059.jpg (400x400, 110K)

A year ago, I'd have laughed at that being ridiculous
Today, I'm jealous and would consider doing the same thing if I had an extra $500

>tfw you spent $20 on a keyboard while other people pay $2K for the same board

Git gud

I've always dreamed of finding a beamspring for 20. but 420 for one is a lot better then what they're selling for now days.

I got mine for $20. Cherry shape too. People have really gone nuts with them lately. $420 is a good deal these days.

I honestly don't know much about keyboards. I would appreciate someone helping me find something good. Don't play games, I just do a ton of typing and would like a proper keyboard. It's going to be a birthday gift to myself.

>Budget
$150, slightly higher if there's something particularly good just out of range. Lower is also fine if you don't think I need something that expensive.
>Location (continent at least)
U.S.
>Preferred switch type
Never had the opportunity to use a mechanical keyboard but I *think* I would prefer something clicky with a bit of resistance.
>Layout
I suppose ANSI for availability if the template is correct.
>Form factor
100% preferred, TKL might be acceptable.
>Backlight
Not necessary. Wouldn't mind it but I don't need it.
>Previous/current keyboards
Literally thrift store keyboards. I'm a university student and I've not had a job or anything til recently.