Jow Forums thoughts on Parabola

>Arch linux without systemd
Sounds pretty good to me. How good/bad is it? Pros/cons? Good as a daily driver on a librebooted X200?

Attached: 480x480.jpg (480x480, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Jx-5Zp28VQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You know what, fuck what Jow Forums thinks. I'm going to install it.

Meh,why bother? Systemd isn't going anywhere,so you might as well get used to it.Not even trying to be a dick, but eventually these non-systemd distros are all going to just dry up and disappear.They're a minority within a minority.

Meh, it is not a suse.

Time to hop ship to BSD then. :^)

t. GNU/systemd

Best libre distro for the thinking man.

It won't run unless you have 100% free software from what I understand, I heard it has some troubles with Proprietary wifi cards but you probably know this already.

It seems pretty nice, it even has some enhanced privacy and security features and it's FSF approved.

>Good as a daily driver on librebooted X200
Yeah, you can migrate from Arch without losing anything (unless they're non-free). I don't want to sound like a Shill but there is this guy who upload youtube videos, a Jow Forums memelord, you probably know him already, He has a really nice set-up on Parabola, he uses as a his main machine, It's a really well optimized environment and efficient Parabola and he really get things done on it, I recommend checking it out.
youtube.com/watch?v=4Jx-5Zp28VQ

Based.

Unironically this

Works fine now, for the most part. Can't use any gnome software afaik, if that's an issue for you. A lot of other software is slowly depending in systemd to be installed. You'll either have to use outdated software or find a fork without systemd.

>You know what, fuck what Jow Forums thinks. I'm going to install it.
Alright edgelord, you only posted your thread 10 minutes ago, most people on Jow Forums don't even use GNU/Linux, much less give a shit about systemd.

>Time to hop ship to BSD then. :^)
>t. GNU/systemd
You mean systemd/Linux?

I use it as my daily driver, it all just werks. I bought a thinkpenguin wifi dongle to solve wifi issues, its like 20 bucks and its fsf approved. Idk why people act like ditching systemd is such a big deal, openrc is literally just as easy to use. Ive never found myself wanting any of systemd's features or anything depending on it.

What about replacing the Wifi card? I might consider it just to install Parabola.

replacing it is piss easy unless you're fucking retarded

what the fuck I just watched some videos of him and I came him thinking of him lol

or the bios prevents you from doing so (you should be running a librebooted thinkpad though)

Wanted to install it but i'm too lazy to buy a libre wifi card so i use void. Seems pretty legit though from what ive seen.

His videos has been appearing on my recommendations for a long time now, never watched any of them because his thumbnails are shit, but recently I got into, I think it was because the ranger video, it turned out his videos are really good and informative.

it's arch without the over-reliance on the AUR so its better

Fuck

>Fell for the meme that systemd is the devil

>still thinks its a meme

Fuck off Poetterring shill. Gentoo isn't going anywhere.

based luke helped motivate me to actually learn to not be a brainlet and write my own scripts for making my life easier.

>It won't run unless you have 100% free software from what I understand
That's only if you install the your-freedom and your-privacy packages. And even then, you can just remove those packages if you want.