SILICON VALLEY

Is it worth it moving to SV to work for one of the big companies there, Jow Forums? I've been thinking about going but the cost of living there scares me.

Would you do it?

Attached: 1506559202339.png (682x1971, 260K)

Move to Bellevue. The same pay with 0 state income tax and a 95% asian + white population.

>living in burgerland
>living in a meme place in burgerland
>living in a meme place in burgerland by choice
hell sounds like heaven by comparison

Dont swallow the /poop/ crap, its a great idea if you can find the job to pay for it. There is nothing better than to move to a place that is surrounded by people who know more than you, and silicon valley is one of those places. You get to learn from people who know more, and there are more opportunists. Its a supercharge to your career to move to a place like silicon valley.

Just make sure you can find a job there first. dont be a dumbass and think that moving to a place will help you at all.

only move to SV if you can get a job at FAANG w/ relo, not worth it otherwise.

>Bellevue
Did you mean Seattle?

No Seattle is literally the SF of the PNW. You want to stay away as much as possible.

>Same pay
Thats bullshit. For an entry level role, yes, Seattle/Bellevue is hard to beat. However, the ceiling is FAR higher and you rise much faster down in SV.

OP, just do some estimates with a tax calculator. Outside of rent, SV doesnt cost much more than other tech hubs. You can still get $3/lbs chicken, get a 24 rack of beer for $15, etc... at Safeway but you can go for more quality if you want.

Yes, you are boned if you wanted to buy a house. But unless you have a shit tier job, you can easily save more than you would in SV than in other places without having to share an apartment. Land a job in SV, move and build up your financial assets and career, then move elsewhere. Networking in SV can be simple as literally taking your dog to take a shit at the dog park.

Also no. Places like Uber, LinkedIn, Airbnb all throw huge amounts of money at you too.

For all intents and purposes, its Seattle. you are just splitting hairs at this point. Even Wikipedia calls it a suburb of Seattle

Attached: 2018-07-06 22_19_32-Bellevue, Washington - Wikipedia.png (1603x473, 474K)

>Uber
paper money
>LinkedIn
maybe
>Airbnb
paper money

That's like saying Sunnyvale is a suburb of San Francisco, when they are completely different. Just look at the demographics.

>asian
almost had me

Attached: asian_man.png (1920x1080, 1.97M)

>Sunnyvale
It is?
I have never heard of it before, but again, since its in the same metropolitan area, this whole argument is being pedantic. This is like saying that queens is a complete different city than Manhattan. While, yes, demos may be different, its the same. city.

Get your head out of your west coast ass, not many people care about what you choose to call your boroughs.

>paper money
What did he mean by this?

see example

Attached: 1529565158493.png (405x528, 29K)

So.... 168k + stocks that you can sell if you want? And a heafty signing bonus too.
Whats the problem here? that seems, from a laymans perspective, like a competitive offer even disregarding the stocks.

>stocks that you can sell if you want
>lyft

lol
bullshit I made up
you guys will fall for anything

a suburb that you have to drive around a giant lake to get to or pay a toll. they're fairly separate.

again, whats your point?

and that's different than the Brooklyn and Manhattan because...?

It's literally not the same city. They have completely separate governments, the one in Bellevue isn't run by buffoons.

Attached: sodatax.jpg (1668x547, 377K)

It’s nice to work here since everyone is highly skilled and that can help out your career. I don’t know what it’s like living there since I live as far away from that place as I can.

Different areas. There’s San Jose area and then there is San Francisco. They are separated by a bay.

you obviously don't know how the game is played

never been there. I didn't think people refer to them interchangeably though

Is san fransico and "bay area" and "san fransico bay area" used interchangeably? Yep.

Same as New York city is used for describing not only Manhattan, but also the five boroughs + long island maybe.

Thus the same applies for Seattle, is microsoft, bungie, and amazon based in Bellevue? or Seattle?

Microsoft is based in Redmond. Bungie is based in Bellevue. Amazon is based in Seattle. This stuff is literally right on their Wikipedia pages.
Nobody uses "Seattle" to refer to Seattle + eastside + Tacoma. You have brain damage.

>Is san fransico and "bay area" and "san fransico bay area" used interchangeably? Yep.
that's because you're all fags. We also call it 'the land of the fruits and the nuts'

You're kinda dumb I think. Though Airbnb will probably get fucked by regulations sometime soon as they out to be.

i don't drink soda but liberalism is a mistake

uber has a good chance of liquidating before ipo