GIGABYTE Aero 15w worth as a hs student? Really want a 1060 at least. Is there any laptop that's at a better value...

GIGABYTE Aero 15w worth as a hs student? Really want a 1060 at least. Is there any laptop that's at a better value? Is it worth it to buy it at a like new price from amazon ($400 cheaper)

Pros: Respectable because people don't think I'm a gamer if I have this laptop, doesn't look like a fucking hot wheels toy

Cons: new price is 2x as expensive as a gamer laptop

Attached: gigabyte_aero_15_1.jpg (2000x1520, 947K)

>Respectable because people don't think I'm a gamer if I have this laptop
It absolutely looks like a gamer laptop and you're a total fag. Buy a normal laptop and get a separate gaming PC or just get a console.

Cheaper to have a thinkpad for class and a regular thick gamer laptop for home

Turn off backlight and you can't even differentiate it from a thinkpad

>regular thick gamer laptop
Why do you suggest specifically to get a gamer laptop to stay home? Why not just a desktop at this point.

you might as well just build a desktop then

Because you will go home for christmas and shit and want to game at your parents and shit.

> hs student

Attached: download (1).png (259x194, 8K)

Don't be a faggot and take a laptop to school, especially high school. It's completely unnecessary and you look like a tard. On that note, build a decent gaming desktop where you can write essasy ans shit. Buy some cheap thinkpad only if you ABSOLUTELY need to (I can't remember which model but there's a new thinkpad thats fairly affordable and comes with vega m graphics)

Attached: 1503066395293.jpg (391x281, 17K)

>Is there any laptop that's at a better value?
I don't know, any fucking MacBook after 2011? DON'T buy a gaming laptop. They always break down and you will get no pussy for lugging that shit around with you in school.

>Really want a 1060 at least.
Get a laptop/ultrabook with an 8th gen CPU and a Thunderbolt 3 port, then get an eGPU with a 1060 in it. There'll be some bottlenecking, but at least you won't be held back by the laptop when you want to upgrade. A worthwhile ultrabook like that will only run you something like $1000-$1500 while the eGPU setup will be something like $500-$600.

Attached: x1carb.jpg (775x500, 263K)

Underage detected!

>eGPU
It's a meme, bottlenecks and driver crashes. research shit before suggesting

thinkpad/chromebook for work+ gaming desktop

build a small form factor if you want to make it easier to bring to college.

Attached: node 202.jpg (700x424, 19K)

I've been using an Aorus with a GTX 1070 in it for well over a year now and have personally never experienced any crashing. Maybe you should update your drivers. Don't cheap out on the box either, some eGPUs lack a sufficient power supply and/or are simply incompatible with the card/machine you're using.

>eGPU

Can we word filter the string to "I have no idea what I'm talking about"
Fuck off retard, they suck. Goddamn optiplex+1050 will even work better

Jow Forums confirmed to be full of underage

>overpaying for a more inefficient way of doing things
Confirmed for |retard|

Get the fuck off Jow Forums, this shit will turn you into a pathetic cunt.

OP wants something moderately portable without looking like an autist, this is what I propose. If you don't like it, go back to /tpg/.

Looks good OP, you won't regret buying it. I also suggest you to check the Clevo laptops, or derivates from them like XMG, Sager or Eurocom,since they are also nice and you will need power and durability, especially if you will carry it everywhere like I did.

Also for the other posters in here, you can see as clear as day that they never leave their house because of how they speak and how their entire posts are memes. No one gives a shit what laptop you use, and to be a student and owning a 10kg laptop is insanity.

t. dude who finished this year, actually talked to people and always saw their laptops, which were ranging from RoG one to custom Clevos, men or women it didn't matter what they owned. It wasn't unusual to see girls with RoGs.

get on my level of autism, faggots
>why yes, I do regret that set up

Attached: 5000 bucks.jpg (804x606, 78K)

>Windows 10 on a Macbook
i'd just take the hit to performance tbqh

Attached: ascrush.png (406x386, 37K)

performance and compatibility are different thangs. I've since sold it for a desktop