How plausible is it to script getting a GET?

I know the basic terminology and many have given me explanations on how it is possible, but if that is the case how much effort would you need to put into it? I mean is 100% accurate and possible, can any basicfag achieve it?

Attached: AIGestalt.jpg (700x394, 348K)

Other urls found in this thread:

getwatcher.net/pages/detailed/?board=g&get=66666666&chan=Jow
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's just timing

as the poster above said its all about timing

what's the humidity like where your computer is located? more importantly what's the humidity like where the server is located? is the moon in retrograde? these are all important questions you'll need to find the answer to before doing a GET callout

But in all seriousness, can we say that a person with a "script" or an open code of the website can just simply say "okay I want to land these octuplets with this funny message". and being 100% sure they will get it.

no retard.

probably 95% accuracy at most depending on internet speeds

Okay I was sure of that, but some guy dared to say that he actually knew more about computers and mentioned timing codes and scripts and that I was probably a dumb kid. Thanks for the confirmation.

>Is it 100% accurate and possible
Sure, just have it check the current post count every microsecond and when it's off by one deny all traffic until your post goes through.

the scripts are for checking each N seconds the last comment on Jow Forums and its number, then, based on the rate of comments, you hit submit right before the GET you want.

Calculate the boards posting speed with a web scraper
when the get is getting closer to just scrape more aggressivly
then post your shitpost. you should also factor in how long it
takes for the post to get posted.

I think this is an ability only mods with server access have. You would have to know the average rate of posts in order to even guess.

nah, look at my 11

you aren't going to get my >66666666 get btw

Attached: 1530503433644.jpg (346x500, 87K)

um which 11?

don't forget the captcha

but it would still be a calculated guess, there is a margin of error then?

If you have server access, you can just reserve that number.

So can we say that some mods like to rig huge gets for shenanigans?

Attached: intredasting.jpg (900x900, 89K)

They bait to ban people. What do you think?

If I was using a bot to try to post gets I would buy a pass

Its because there was an epic 177777777 post over at Jow Forums and now Im convinced it was a mod trolling. At first I said it was impossible for a normal user to do so, but if mods can reserve numbers then it must be the most logical option.

You realize there were probably thousands of people, many of them using scripts, trying for 177777777? So there's like 99% chance such GET will be a thought out post rather than a normal shitpost. Doubt mods are allowed to claim GETs.

response = Excon.get(uri)
html = Nokogiri::HTML(response.body)
do_stuff(html)

>summer

So funny user but that get is already mine :)

Fuck, gonna have to try harder

if(nextPost.number.isGet()) post()

this

Attached: getwatch.png (636x446, 24K)

Depends on the board. On slow boards it's very easy to time a get. On busy boards it's more difficult.
You can see the latest get count at getwatcher.net/pages/detailed/?board=g&get=66666666&chan=Jow Forums.
With a little practice you'll be able to hit digits.