I paid full price for a copy Window 10. Are pop up ads really necessary?

I paid full price for a copy Window 10. Are pop up ads really necessary?

Aside from ditching W10, what else can be done?

Attached: Untitled.png (629x441, 207K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/guix/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>paid
>for windows 10
AHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Go through every setting you can find and make sure that it's configured to your liking.

click Get updates. You paid for pop up ads and now you're complaining that you "don't want them".

Kill cortana with fire. Problem solved.

>paying
ex dee

So how much did you pay for it, OP?

it was a couple of years ago so I'm not sure, but I think about $100AUD.

>100AUD
why? you could have installed linux for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

gnu.org/software/guix/

I bet you could have found an old Thinkpad with that money. When I built my desktop I used Windows 7 Professional license key sticker from under my Thinkpad, then installed Windows 7 Professional and later upgraded it to Windows 10 Professional. My Thinkpad has Linux anyway so I didn't need the key there. You have now paid for nothing when you could have one more device and still the same OS as you have now.

>"upgraded" win 7 with loader to get legit 10
>reformat because filezilla is not working to migrate ssd
>forgot to get product key
>old hdd reformatted
huehuehue

At that point why not just install Windows 7/8.1?

You paid too many dollarydos, remove and install Linux.

Or Ubuntu

I already have elementaryOS for my HTPCs - I need Windows for my 'work' PC as Linux doesn't supports fucking boatloads of proprietary software.

>inb4 wine

Shit is fucking terrible, and failure of wine is why I bought Linux.

so much this

>not getting a cracked version of 7 or 8
>not utilizing the windows free upgrade to 10

What's odd is they supposedly had a cut-off for the free upgrade, but I did it just last week and it worked perfectly fine

>what else can be done?
~10 minutes of hardcore debloating. I mean really, really hard copypasting that requires skills like reading with comprehension and other forgotten ancient arts. That's probably too hard for you, so ask your custodian.

>using wangblows at all

linux is shit tho

It's non-free software controlled by a company. You can't really do anything about. You kinda-sorta can, in a cat and mouse chase sort of way. People can reverse engineer Windows and make small modifications, the same way non-free video games often have modding communities. You'll suffer the same way they do, though. An update can break all your hard work because you're not working with them, you're working against them. They don't want your modifications to work.

So, yeah, you should probably just ditch Windows. In fact, you should use something not proprietary and not controlled by a corporation. There are a handful of options here. One of many GNU/Linux distros, or one of the BSDs. Other niche things like Plan 9. It's up to you.

>tho
You sound like a gamer.

>paid
oh no no no
>full price
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is the trouble with using proprietary software. You keep getting locked in, and whether you're personally a programmer or not, the fact that the software you're using is proprietary means you can't even wait for someone else to fix your problem. You have to wait for the developers in charge of that software to fulfill your wishes, and they may never do so. The best solution is to support the development of free software alternatives. This way people are free to port the software to another OS. You aren't chained down in the same way.

1. kill Cortana

>freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
No reliable support persons.

>Paying for windows

kek

I’ve never had a pop up ad in my life on windows 10. How do people get them? Just answer no to every location, cortana, windows store and ad related thing in the advanced setup and you should be fine.

Attached: C10CE9AB-1510-4DC8-9515-25B2F98A4EF5.png (966x752, 711K)

You're getting ads because you're so tech illiterate you actually bought win10 for full price

>paying for windows
>not pirating windows 10 LSBT

>buying Windows
>the one you can activate 1:1 the same as legit if you know what you are doing

Attached: orplt26x3un01.png (1080x1920, 1.63M)

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.

macOS 10.13.5 doesn’t have this problem

Don't use W10, retard.

Because win 10 is free fag

no it isn't

How can I get Win10 LTBS and make it work? There is no way to actually stop all telemery right?

Attached: 139463940350.jpg (528x440, 25K)

Pirate it

No shit sherlock, but it only works por 90 days

What the fuck nigger I have LTSB and it werks just fine, activated woth wintoolkit

>needing support for using Windows
Leave this board immediately.