Are those cheap Chinese netbooks running Windows CE or Android worth anything?

Are those cheap Chinese netbooks running Windows CE or Android worth anything?

I see them pop up (mostly used but sometimes new) at ridiculously low prices like $30.

Attached: 7-laptop-support-multi-languages-android-2.jpg (800x600, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nCHHAFyp9I0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Buy one and find out?

nope

They are the worst. Unusable due to cheap plastic case. Even if the OS boots up, using the keyboard and mouse feel is almost impossible. Windows CE runs like shit btw.

I bought one running Windows CE and threw Android on it before promptly switching back to Windows CE. The most use I ever got out of it was as a very large power bank

My gpd pocket was worth what I paid for it, something like 500 usd.

I don't see how that's relevant. We're talking about cheap chink ARM netbooks, not a failed abortion VAIO P copy

succ

At some point, these things are cut down to the point where you're not getting a good value out of your machine when the materials cost more than the computability of the hardware.

Netbooks are built to be obsolete out of the box, and a huge waste of money to be "thin".

If you really want a "netbook" that still has value as a general computer, invest in a Thinkpad X series of X220 and above.

These other things are just tiny little text editors for website prompts.

>Umpc
>Worth something
No sweetie, it's still a fashion accessory.

There are great UMPCs, but that isn't one of them

>There are great UMPCs
UMPCs are fidget spinners of tech world.

nah

argument:
>they're useless
counter-argument:
>nah

>argument so dumb you're lucky I replied
>counter was of equally low quality
I fail to see the issue

Netbooks of any kind are shit. You are better off spending twice that amount on a proper laptop.

Attached: elon misk.png (575x413, 171K)

If you can install gnu+linux on them then they are worth that $30

youtube.com/watch?v=nCHHAFyp9I0

They have their uses. Even with my main laptop being 12" it's nice to have my smaller and lighter 10" netbook

CHINKED

that's a good philosophy if you want to end up surrounded by junk
t. filthy apartment dweller

nope they're not
even less than those shitty old Atom N450 Netbooks, those who know what I'm talking about already shudder

I think you're thinking about the N270. My Cr-48 has an N455 and I've never had an issue with it. Just from glancing at the Intel ark pages it looks like the only real difference is that mine consumes an extra watt and can handle DDR3 memory, which may be the difference, but still the N450 is a far better processor than the N270 (which still isn't that bad for light browsing, ssh, etc. shit that you can do on a toaster)

its not ridiculously cheap, its actually overpriced. its not an x86 processor, it is arm. it is really outdated phone hardware without the phone ability. i bought a Sylvania branded one of these things for fuck of it at a cvs a few years ago, they had one for some reason, and it sucked, couldnt do shit on internet then practically, so now it would be fucked. it was running ce, Android had trouble on it. Save money and dont buy it, watch video review on sylvania windows ce netbook on youtube instead.

pocket is retarded pos, get the gpd win 2. pocket is supposed to look like apple trash. its also larger and worse performing, obviously, then the new better and smaller gpd win 2.

the gpd win 2 is the most powerful, useful, full featured, and well designed umpc to date.

I couldn't give less of a shit about the specs when are when the keyboard layout and TrackPoint position are utter shit and the form factor's sub-optimal.

Nonono the gpd win 2 is totally different hardware and layout you retarded fuck. learn to reaearch before speaking.

^^^^^
thats a boomer for ya
the gpdwin2 is literally god tier navigation. analogue joysticks. and the keyboard is fairly nice, i got an official release version and no issues. very fucking powerful.

We were talking about the Pocket. The Win (2) is even worse

ebin maymay

lel, poor people.

I don't see what price has to do with this. I'm simply not a fan of either the Win (2) nor the Pocket. If GPD made a VAIO UX knockoff I'd buy the shit out of it in a heartbeat.

maybe collectors will make the price go up some day

i had two vgn ux280ps, they were cool, but i would rather have clamshell.

pic related, old shit before sold.

Attached: 20171018_200753-3024x2268.jpg (3024x2268, 1.03M)

>the most powerful, useful, full featured, and well designed umpc
That's where your logic fails. It's like saying:
>the most powerful, useful, full featured, and well designed fingerbox

that doesnt make sense but ok. If you are trying to correct my English, lol, keep being petty, you are just pissed because you are poor.

I've got a VGN-UX180P and love the shit out of it. It's the only UMPC form factor I'll accept.

these things are already expensive because people like this poster collect them

He's just saying that regardless of what you say about it your opinion is irrelevant because he's already decided all UMPCs are shit.

lol, dats the shitty one that is cheap.
i used to collect fucktons and recently sold all of them except my gpd win 2 since its actually useful and not an outdated core solo for example.

Attached: 20180405_215049-2268x3024.jpg (2268x3024, 891K)

>lol, dats the shitty one that is cheap.
I know. Your point is?

lol, if you cant afford them, i think your priorities should be makong ends meet not buying ancient shit. and i sold them pretty damn cheap on ebay, so i am not making prices go up, not that i care.

>poor people
LMAO, are all on Jow Forums poverty?
make some better life choices, i stopped collecting useless shit and saved alot of money.

Poor people don't spend $300 on ancient hardware. But again, I don't see what money has to do with this. My point is that I have a VAIO UX and love it, and that I'm not interested in any modern UMPCs until one in the UX's form factor is released.

its not really about affording. paying $100+ for obsolete technology is retarded. i could just get a modern phone that performs much better at that price.

I had one of these in 2012. Total piece of shit. Completely unusable. Nasty keys, really nasty mouse buttons, shitty old version of android that was probably old even back then, it was just shit.

It might have been sort of ok if you could install a proper linux on it, but that takes hours of hacking and is not worth it. Also the battery on mine failed within a few months, it swelled up so that the battery compartment door bulged out massively.

I'd also like to point out that cost only strengthens my point. If I love the low-end model, imagine how much I'd like the higher-end ones.