If you had this installed, your entire browsing history along with a personal identifier was sent to them

If you had this installed, your entire browsing history along with a personal identifier was sent to them.

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/07/stylish-extension-with-2m-downloads-banished-for-tracking-every-site-visit/

Attached: download.png (116x116, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/styl-us/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylus/clngdbkpkpeebahjckkjfobafhncgmne?hl=en
youtube.com/watch?v=dG2k-BX-z5k
userstyles.org/styles/141949/adfree-gelbooru-w-dark-theme
openusercss.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I used that a few years ago.

I still haven't agreed to their new terms.

Attached: Capture.png (299x635, 18K)

Use Stylus instead

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/styl-us/

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylus/clngdbkpkpeebahjckkjfobafhncgmne?hl=en

I have stylus installed, is that compromised too?

Stylus is fine, it's open source and forked from this one IIRC

>implying 'got it' is the same as 'i agree'
It tells you when the new terms and policy were effective from, you're consenting by continuing to use the product

Damn it!
I don't want to reinstall... Just want to lie and stay down. All that IT is so troublesome.
youtube.com/watch?v=dG2k-BX-z5k

I had that installed... until it was sold to chinks, that is.

Based Chinks strike again

I use violentmonkey.

Why would I bother with stylus?

If a site is so terrible I have to configure the layout myself, I'll just not use the site.

don't use YouTube then

It can be improved without it's initial condition being characterized as 'terrible', you oaf.

I used to rice my firefox when I was 16, is this a recent development

I already changed all my passwords just in case.
Firefox warned me to delete this yesterday but I didn't listen

Attached: 04-mr-krabs-multiple-chins-old.png (620x500, 291K)

there is no website in existence that justifies the use of laggy ricer bait extensions like these

userstyles.org/styles/141949/adfree-gelbooru-w-dark-theme

There are certain sites I have to use, like Canvas for college

The canvas dark theme is very nice

Injecting some css is hardly laggy, and if you use a website often enough, it's worth fixing small issues ("papercuts") like bad contrasts, inaccurate hitboxes on buttons, and too much cruft.

Good thing I learned how UserChrome.css works and just did it there.

>Firefox warned me to delete this yesterday but I didn't listen
I got that warning too, but when I clicked for details, all I got was a message about some ancient version of Stylish being incompatible with some ancient version of Firefox. Figured it was a bug and closed it.

good thing I'm not a boomer that is bothered by how websites look and never used it

used this for about a year, 5 years ago, to use custom css on Jow Forums

am i safe?

>He didn't switch to Stylus when this was announced
You did this to yourselves.

Attached: CrashWink.webm (960x720, 1.74M)

*If you had >2.0.7 installed

Aside from using Stylus (which you should have been using since this was announced last year) you can also use ublock origin to inject styling rules.

>data collecting started in March
>tfw I had long since switched to Stylus
Thanks for making me paranoid Jow Forums.

Attached: 1310497622740.jpg (525x481, 24K)

I have version 2.0.7 so you are incorrect OP.
Stylus is also a good alternative, but talk of the addon is worthless.
What we need is an alternative to Userstyles website.
Userstyles tries to force the installation of the new spyware-ridden Stylish version (Stylish post-2.0.7 on Firefox) when you try to install styles for websites,
forcing users to manually install those styles and abandon the style update function.
So a centralized and Stylus-connected alternative to userstyles is the main thing badly needed. A new host and library which is also 18+ friendly in terms of sites.

Also
>provide a service which allows users to circumvent website UI updates and shittery, fix the UI, and simply not depend on the website itself for UI changes
>proceed the change your website UI and make it broken with search broken, thumbnails broken (for a period of time), result filtering broken, and the UI generally looking like shit
>make yourself as a service provider look more incompetent at the same task than your userbase
Absolutely fucking disgraceful.

Attached: 1389968276472.gif (640x360, 2.72M)

This. The moment I heard about their buy-out I stopped using it entirely until I heard about stylus.

>forcing users to manually install those styles
I have stylus and just click on the button and it installs everything just fine. Updating styles also works, unless you have edited them. In that case it overwrites all your changes of course.
Still, an alternative to userstyles would be nice.

For me it asks to install the new Stylish Spyware Edition addon. Never installs the style.
Fucking cuntshits need to go die in flames.

what even is this shit

Fuck, so i guess 2.1.1 is fucked as well.
I already have the styles I need, so would just installing 2.0.7 save me? Well, at least not sending more shit.

>Stylus is also a good alternative, but talk of the addon is worthless.
>What we need is an alternative to Userstyles website.

openusercss.org/

This user here.

I just installed Stylus and despite having FF56 Stylus doesn't support styles that change the Firefox UI for whatever reason (custom scrollbar, darker URL bar for FT DeepDark, etc.).
So now i'm figuring out how to modify FT DeepDark itself instead.
Stylish 2.0.7 worked for this at least.
But the Stylus mangment and editor is completely superior to Stylish and you even get color preview besides every color code in the Style code screens which is glorious.

It's the hot new business model
>1. Find a small but popular open-source project
>2. Buy out control of the project from its author/maintainer
>3. Load it up with spyware and suck up as much data as you can before anybody notices
Same thing happened a while back with language plugins for one of those meme text editors

How many Opera users are unaware that that happened to Opera?

is there anything I can do about how they handle my data? The retard I am I had this installed with the analytics check enabled.

GDPR is forced in EU so I can make a data request right? But I don't think they/can will handle it. Maybe some user can help me out here?

Nope, you're going to jail.

Fug I didn't know Stylish was compromised.
Shit.

advantages of violentmonkey vs stylus?

Not him, but I have no idea how stylus works. Grease monkey works just fine for me

4chanx is botnet

Stylish
vs
Stylus

It's also fucking broken for me so I haven't been able to use Jow Forums on my desktop in like two weeks

Is there any way to get Stylus on Pale Moon?