How do you Jow Forumsuys get a programming job...

How do you Jow Forumsuys get a programming job? I have a CS degree and 1 year of intern experience and still can't get into a junior position.

Attached: 1530113470882.jpg (720x960, 56K)

Start HRT

I had been studying for a year when I applied for my first job. I had a decent amount of experience in what they were looking for. All the stuff I'd done was open source and they could (and probably did) take a look. Also I was pretty cheap compared to someone who graduated.

I'll probably work there until I get my Masters degree.

>how do you get a programming job?
You don't. The job market is too fucked up by braindead retard HRshits.

What open source stuff have you done?

it was some Android stuff and projects we did in school and uni. I say open source just because it was available on GitHub.

Try emailing companies directly. If they're advertising a "software engineer" role, email them asking if they'd consider taking on a junior. I realize this sounds like a boomer meme but it impresses them and if you put some effort into your email, they will read your resume and if they like what they see, they will try to make a position for you. That's how I got my job.

Obviously aim for smaller companies. You're not getting a job at SAP that way.

How? I don't have a degree and barely graduated high school and I got a job after 3 months of teaching myself from scratch.

>going on the internet and telling lies

It's kinda surreal being in the industry and just seeing how fucked some of the coders are out there. Granted I'm not the best but there's just some god awful coders out there.

Its not impressive, anyone that has the aptitude to work as a programmer could do the same.

There are also some coder God's out there.
Knowing that I'll never be as good as them is kinda demotivating

>can't get into a junior position.
Don't apply for just Junior positions, every fuckwit under the sun is applying for them as well. Apply for senior roles as well as its common that you can get employed as a junior alongside a senior dev.

>he hasn't had to deal with todays recruiters

that means nobody liked you and/or you were a lousy performer at your internship
get a clue

What did you write in the emails? I can barely think about three sentences.

How could I apply for senior positions if they require 5+ years of experience? I barely have 1 year of intern experience.

I had a friend recommend me at his job. Pretty much the only way I could get a programming job. Applied to tons places and they all ignored me.

move or don’t be a turbo autist. i dont even have a CS degree and i got a job in flyover country as a developer

you open the application and fill it out...

If you're desperate, try a recruiting agency. Yes, they're scumbag headhunters, but it would work just to get your foot in the door. The first job is the hardest. Once you've got some experience, you'll be able to go anywhere.

cute whore

It doesn't impress them, but it does make you stand out.
That said any company with an hr department is not worth applying for. Sub 50 people companies is where it's at because of flat structure.

>If you're desperate, try a recruiting agency.
I've tried them already. They just got me around 10 interviews, but didn't help me getting the job.

move to an IT city there are plenty of jobs there. with programming or CS jobs in general you pretty much have to be willing to move because in buttfuck nowhere there are literally no good jobs for you in this field. go big or go home.

You're competing with smarter people who are getting the jobs instead of you. The market is very competitive now.

I'm already living in a big city with lots of job openings.
What should I do to get a job? I don't even care about the pay anymore, I just want to work.

Go into trades. Start an apprenticeship as a plumber and go wade in shit all day you dumbass faggot

>registered on 5 or so websites for IT jobs
>set filters on my town, uploaded my resume
>registered with IT recruitment firms
>interviews every week, got job within month

wasn't that hard. bsc in cs

The best way to get a job, any job, is knowing the right person. It's who you know not what you know. Either in company or friend of a friend.

This is a hard lesson for introverts but is one of the truest rules I know.