ITT: meme technology

ITT: meme technology
Everyone on Jow Forums memed me into buying this and told me it will make a great difference.
Only saves 4-5sec on loading in games and 10sec on bootup of your computer.
Stick to 5400-7200rpm.

Attached: SSD.jpg (640x480, 18K)

4-5 seconds might not seem like a long time at 80 IQ, but on a proper 120+ IQ the brain hungers for something else to satisfy it

Those 4-5 seconds are only there for the first load, after that loading on even wd green is neck to neck.

>Using a HDD in 2018

I hope you dont do dis

Life is way too short to spend waiting. Those 4-5 seconds add up. Could be minutes per day, hours per month, weeks per year, and years per lifetime. Think about it.

If I weren't poor I'd have multiple 1TB high-end M.2s in raid 10, 32c64t threadripper OC'd to 4-5 GHz, and the fastest RAM in quad-channel mode.

thanks for advice fren

Attached: thumb.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

Going from a 1tb 7200rpm HDD to a 1tb 850 Evo SSD my boot times went from 50 seconds to 40 seconds, but best of all game load time is amazing. BF4 maps went from loading in 30-60 seconds to about 10 seconds at the most. All whisper quiet too! Sorry it didn't work out for you OP.

Wouldn't everyone?

No thanks I play total war GAMES

Oh, shit! Are people already living life like Limitless?

>on a proper 120+ IQ
>implying anything sub-215 is not subhuman and brainlet
Back to brainlet

I'd even save a lot of time not tinkering with low spec computers to play some games I borrowed from the library.
>Poorfag life

>'it adds up'
>once you count in the time you spent earning money for this expensive ssd it actually adds up to sub zero

Noise is mostly why I did it.

my laptop hdd was absolute slow. took minutes to boot and everything was laggy as fuck. now with an ssd its boot in less than minute

>1TB 860 EVO
>~€210
>5 hours regular work/ 2 billable hours
wow

It's definitely a bonus, but I still think game map load time is the biggest benefit, particularly ones with larger maps like Battlefield or Farcry. But there were solid gains even with Cowadoody.

Hdd hardly makes noise unless you bought wd black. Even that is not very noisy compared to any gpu we have nowadays.

>using SATA interface at all
holy fuck am I sorrounded by cavemen?

Attached: diskmark.png (402x367, 38K)

Ironically the normie will always go with a 2TB HDD over a 120GB SSD and a 3TB HDD over a 240GB SSD when budget constrained.

The hybrids often go for sale for the same price or sometimes cheaper than the same size HDDs so a lot of them opt for those too.

Yes why do you think Jow Forums loves AMD. Most of them never left their city. Nice speeds. Running 960 pro 512GB myself and 2 1080 ti

HDD was driving me mad
SSD is hands down the best upgrade I've ever made to my PC for my own sanity's sake

>2 1080ti
Nice overkill retard.

SSD is hands down the most important option for me in a PC. Everything feels sluggish without it and once you have tried it you can never go back.

Had a slightly unstable overclocked machine back in 2011.

>Had browser and all the shit I used set to load at start up, from pressing the power button to usable desktop was ~10 minutes
>replace boot drive with SSD
>power to usable desktop in ~25s

>Fathers machine
>mechanical hdd
>he has windows 7 and uses browser + occasional word and printing
>boot time of 5 minutes
>put in ssd
>power to usable desktop is 5 minutes

"meme technology"

Attached: shit for brains.jpg (1600x900, 267K)

fuck me, 5 seconds*

Embarrassing...

lol just look out the fucking window for 5 seconds einstein its good for ur autism

Then spend those weeks in work to pay for this monstrocity :D

it's also perfectly silent.

>gpus are only for gayms
back to /v/ with you kid

Attached: Wojak.png (485x392, 49K)

>stick to 5400
you tried too hard

Go back to 9gag faggot.

Laptop fags and their noise should go back.

Nah mate, the performance difference is well worth it.

What else are you going to do with a high end GPU? Play with screen effects and blurred transparency? Mine shitcoins? Fuck off.

CAD design and data analytics for a non-workstationn premium retard

Creating 5K VR deepfakes

No it isn't you lying piece of Shit.

Op is also a liar. From the moment you log in to I windows, ssd pcs are ready to use. Hdd still needs time before you can use anything.

So Fuck off with these meme threads.

Yawn.

I replaced my intel 750. With a Samsung 850 pro sata.

Except for sequential read / write, the 850 pro is faster. And by a great margin.

So unless you only need to copy large files, a sata ssd is better.

I wonder who might be behind this post.

My boot time went from 2 minutes to 15 seconds with the Evo 850 coming from a wdblack 1tb

Why do retards still make these threads? Whats the point of refusing SSDs, they aren't even expensive anymore. Even my father says he would never want to switch back after I installed him my old 120 GB SSD, after telling me "he doesn't play games so he doesn't need a SSD" for a long time.

It's way faster than a HDD outside of Linux.

HDD jews.

i installed my first ssd yesterday and this is actually the best thing about it.

With my HDD i had to wait a couple of seconds before I could actually use my pc

>Going from a 1tb 7200rpm HDD to a 1tb 850 Evo SSD my boot times went from 50 seconds to 40 seconds
What OS? I never had a boot time over 10s with W10

Speaking of SSD, what are you go-to cheap brand? I'm using Samsungs for my own computer but I'd like to upgrade an old system for cheap.

good thing it only cost me $20

Attached: 91RE5su4-YL._SX355_.jpg (355x266, 28K)

I use NVMe as boot drives, but most things don't benefit. I put a few games on it too. Most games and my *cache* folders are on regular SSDs.

How is Corsair's MX500? They're a tad bit cheaper than Samsung.

You might check your brain if you don't see any difference in daily use. It may not affect games much but opening apps/browser/anything really is so much faster I can't use a hdd based system without getting angry anymore.

thats bcuz samsung's are faster. samsung is a driving force in the ssd tech field.

windows loads almost instantly with the m.2 version. it's not a meme

Swapped out the spindle in my Xbox One X for a 4tb SSD.

Must suck to be you, OP...

I'm never buying a 2.5 hdd ever again. Fuck those things. On the other hand, I'm going to buy 3.5's a lot.
My current setup is to have a massive storage NAS, connected gigabit (of course), and then have much lighter, SSD devices just access data when needed.

I use them.
To store my downloaded torrents

>POWAH OF DA CLOUDZ
what a retard

true rick and morty words

But wouldn't "jews" want to sell the more expensive product?

If a (((jew))) could produce something he wouldn't be shilling against it.

I literally have this except only one high end 1tb m.2

Since this is an SSD thread, does anyone know how the mSATA version of the 860 Evo compares to the normal SATA version?

>Not going with M.2 SSD

Local storage != Cloud

Go eat some paste or something...

Still need to buy a cheap 240gb SSD for my 360. Can't beat console games from local storage.
>What OS?
Windows 10. I went through and disabled a shit load of back ground features last night, now boot time is closer to 35 seconds. It's an X79 system though, and they're not renown as fast booters. For me just game load times is more than worth the exorbant outright price.

Sell it and get a 5400rpm drive, you can use the money left over to break the contract with your ISP.

Hey Jow Forumsentlemen, how much would you sell/buy a like new Samsung 850 Pro 2TB?

Attached: A6ZP_1_201802272091157968.jpg (1280x960, 20K)

>Jow Forums loves AMD
>Being this assmad about AMD's return to competition

>using DRAM to make up for the SATA interface

I'll stick with my Fusion IODrive. I got six of them from a former job, 1.2tb each and indestructible.

Buy? $100

>$100
You must be quite the pragmatist.

Did you get a retarded one? Mine saves literally half the loading time for me.

Not falling for this shitpost, but i've seen Samsung SSDs shit themselves right out of the box. WD for life

Not falling for this shitpost, but i've seen "insert contrarian confirmation bias scenario here".

You mean crucial mx500, crucial is a brand of micron.
Corsair don't make ssd.

Same thing just different port.

Aaaaa you're right there was a corsair product right about the crucial mx500 in my build list. I did mean to say crucial mx500, how are they compared to samsung's m.2 SSDs?

When working with large video files it makes a huge difference. If you are using windows you will have to defrag every now and then. It's a pain in the ass and a waste of time. Running two ssd's in raid 0 and I'm happy.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to use SSD.

>very high IQ to use SSD
Or to speak properly.

>Jow Forums - Technology in 2018: SSD is a meme xD

This shouldn't even be called a tech board.

The fact that I used to have a spinning disc cake in my computer was unsettling. Also, ever tried copying or downloading things?

>This shouldn't even be called a tech board
Agreed. I once saw a thread that me made rage: "Is dbus harmful, Jow Forums?"

With 200 cuckbucks you could've bought some weed and invited a 16 year old lower class thot to smoke and fuck at your place and forgotten about retarded shit like an SSD.

I don't know what to tell you other than that I came hard the very first time I booted my last machine with a SATA 3 SSD. Since switched to an M.2 NVMe one which is so absurdly fast I can't even find workloads that really take advantage of it beyond benchmarks.

Crucial mx500 is the only competition to 850/860 evo.
Mx500 comes slightly cheaper and is behind few MB/s on every benchmark.
If crucial has good price difference and service center in your country then go for it.
I paid more to get samsung because crucial doesn't have dedicated service center in my country and Samsung's magician is a unbeatable cloning software.

>boot up and load times are everything
found the retard

>Stick to 5400-7200rpm.
...Why? SSD is noticeably faster. Why would I choose something that I know is a slower option? HDD is only good for slow stuff like storing image and video files, not installing interactive program files.

Laptop:
250 GB Samsung 850 EVO
Desktop:
500 GB M.2 Samsung 960 EVO
500 GB Samsung 850 EVO
1 TB WD Blue 2.5" 5400 RPM

There is no need for 1tb of ssd.

I will never fucking go back to regular HDD for my boot drive again. Loved it so much, I found a way to use one for my old '08 Mac Pro (pci card that connects ssd drive to it). It's shocking how fast such an old computer can run now.

Red pill mofos. SSD can be backdoored into while all your shit is OFF. Even WITH only capacitance charge (Unplugged from power grid!) . Impossible to access HDDs without boot..

>Botnet Hungers...

SSD are crap by design as memory cells are powered by capacitors and charge from them slowly leaks out. So SSD lying somewhere for 3 years have a good chance to be permanently inaccessible (data critical for operation of a drive itself is erased)

Hope you're keeping an eye on when you're going to hit your write limit, lads.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (995x517, 125K)

You know there are programs to do that for you, right autismo?

muh seek times though

Which software is that?

Attached: 1518964094515.gif (200x200, 2M)

My Steam folder says otherwise.

You play 1TB worth of games every week. Usually people only play 3-4 games at a time and eventually bringing in a new game in the rotation. Then with the old game you don't play gets put on the HDD.