Name a better DAW. You literally can't

Name a better DAW. You literally can't

In b4 Logixxxx xDDD

Attached: 4Qla.fl12full_1_jpg.jpg (1280x719, 176K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nenadmilosevic.co/ableton-live-redesign/
youtube.com/watch?v=5HkHO_7Rchs
youtube.com/watch?v=a3_0ScCyb8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=CNX-5YKKMt0
youtube.com/watch?v=wltiSg6O0PY
youtube.com/watch?v=De7XH0sVcbg
youtube.com/watch?v=GIs8UhDjgoI
youtube.com/watch?v=S73p-hApW8I
youtube.com/watch?v=r6n0hPq_vaQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pyramix

Uhhh Cubase?

sunvox

RENOISE
LOGIC
ABLETON
NIGGERATI

Never heard of it

Legendary backwardness

Cute toy

logic pro tools ableton bitwig...

>Legendary backwardness
What is that even supposed to mean

its a a meme word

DAWs are pretty much the same, this is a retarded thread.

What makes Ableton better than FL?

Bitwig is the new kid on the block and as such probably not mature yet. Haven't used it but looks cool.

>DAWs are pretty much the same
Says the user that knows absolutely nothing about music production

Orion

max 4 live

Did Music Tech in college, tutors will tell you this. It literally doesn't matter which one you use. It's a meme debate.

>price: $250
>looks horrible compared to FL, likely has 1/100th of the features
How the f is it better than FL?

>music tech
The fuck is music tech

>It literally doesn't matter which one you use
Yeah, in the same sense that it doesn't matter if you're rocking a Gibson or an Ibanez. It's the subtle differences.

Plus, considering there's STILL no free (as in, $0) DAW out there that could compete with any of the big names, I think the debate is still pretty much damn relevant. Or maybe you're just a luddite?

>subtle differences
Please tell me the differences between FL and Cubase that would affect the quality of a project in any way possible.

It's not a Gibson v Ibanez debate, it's a red guitar vs blue guitar debate.

My man, op. Downloaded FL studio couple days ago, loving it. Have any plugin recommendations?

Uh, they have different formats, plugin systems, instruments. Effects, mixer, are all different, coded by two completely separate teams. In FL's case, even the driver is different. All of these (surprise, surprise) lead to subtle differences in the end product.

Unless you're working with a set of third party VSTs only then there's a sea of differences.

It's not a fucking red vs blue argument. It's more of a which set of instruments fit my needs best argument.

You can download a bunch of patches for the default plugins from all over the web, or you can make your own.

There's all sorts of free VSTs floating around too, but be careful your source is trustworthy.

Most (all?) default FL plugins are decent.

Trap Studio.

Ableton > Renoise >>>>>>>>>>> FL Studio

Frankly IDK what FL looks like nowadays, I used it before half of this board was even born. To me Ableton always had a nicer UI, tidier/cleaner with no floating windows and such.
Ableton doesn't support WASAPI, though.

>formats
what
>plugin systems
both support VST3

Anyway, most people do use 3rd party plugins.

Your opinions are bad

>>formats
>what
Can you easily exchange FL and Cubase projects?

No, but I don't know what that has to do with anything.

>factory content
>layout
Bravo user, you're a retard. Having different coding teams does not lead to subtle differences in the end product.

>Unless you're working with a set of third party VSTs only then there's a sea of differences.
I'll give you that, if you're using FL or Logic's shit-tier factory content that's the only way you'd notice a difference in the end product. The good news is that anyone who uses a DAW for more than a week doesn't use the factory content, unless he's a total brainlet.

You knew you were reaching when you wrote this post.

>*easy button*
"What is Ableton?"

Are you being stupid on purpose here?

If you're working in a large studio, choosing the right DAW so that your team can operate together is the first damn consideration.

You're moving the goalposts now. This was about how different FL and Cubase were, not about compatibility.

>FL = DAW
lmao m8

reaper, pro tools, logic, diital performer

Solution: you all learn to use the same DAW. Which DAW doesn't matter. The 'operating together' bit only relates to people being used to the interface, but you want to pretend as if it's not.

You have a point in that the right team will always produce a good product no matter the tool. But saying that all DAWs are equal is idiotic.

Is [insert high end DAW here] equal to LMMS?

If not, then you just disproved your own argument. If yes, then you're delirious.

So which is it?

There's literally nothing wrong with LMMS.

Can you actually compose anything of decent quality with the stock plugins of the DAW?

LMMS isn't the same as Ardour or ProTools. you guys as usual thinking focused "DAW" for beat making are used for recording instruments, bands, etc

you compose with sounds, depends on the DAW stock plugins are decent and sound quality will always rely on instruments/microphones/acoustics rather than plugins. but if you're talking about beat making and trap music well i guess plugins might have a major impact

Yeah, you can. Don't listen to idiots in this thread. FL studio for example has a number of plugins, all of which have a myriad of settings and a bunch of predefined patches for them.

Eventually you'll want to look at third party stuff but there's absolutely no reason you can't produce high quality music with default plugins.

>there's absolutely no reason you can't produce high quality music with default plugins
Reason 1: They're all shit.

How about learning how to play an instrument you faggots?

>>Legendary backwardness
>What is that even supposed to mean
Literally this. Sunvox is pretty powerful but it's totally bassackwards and the flow makes no sense.

Reaper

this. most electronic music is garbage, the stuff that isnt garbage is made by actual musicians, not by shutin nerds clicking together insta-trash audio-loop garbage

lmms

you'll still need a daw to produce and record whatever kind of music

The best DAW is the ableton live in my that exists in my mind.

nenadmilosevic.co/ableton-live-redesign/

Attached: [email protected] (2879x1800, 135K)

HELL fucking yes you can. Sytrus, harmor, maximus, vocodex, parametric EQ 2, all fucking FL plugins are brilliant. If you're using FL and not using 90% stock plugins, you're a moron who probably uses presets and loops and shit like nexus. You probably make trap or some other gay genre too.

Attached: [email protected] (2288x2070, 215K)

Attached: [email protected] (2288x3358, 369K)

ok thats it post your shitty music ITT

Attached: [email protected] (2288x2130, 431K)

Attached: [email protected] (2288x3114, 244K)

How about learning sound design you pussy?

youtube.com/watch?v=5HkHO_7Rchs

youtube.com/watch?v=a3_0ScCyb8Q

youtube.com/watch?v=CNX-5YKKMt0

youtube.com/watch?v=wltiSg6O0PY

A whole field in itself. Electronic music is 3D.

LMMS.

Free as in freedom and free beer.

pro tools logic live cubase/nuendo digital performer sequoia studio one and reaper are the only valid options professionally. Mention to Reason in rewire and Cakewalk, who although pretty much dead is still a great option.

Ok musicfags, I need some tips on recreating these synth sounds

youtube.com/watch?v=De7XH0sVcbg
at 1:17

youtube.com/watch?v=GIs8UhDjgoI
instrument that comes in at 0:33

youtube.com/watch?v=S73p-hApW8I
most of the synth sounds here I have no idea how to recreate

youtube.com/watch?v=r6n0hPq_vaQ
both instruments in first 14 seconds, the rest I think I can handle

they're probably using samples anyway, whats some good sample libraries?
share some good tutorials on youtube if you got any

Attached: MiniBrute2-large.jpg (750x556, 69K)

also what would this music be classified as?
electro?
techno?

Attached: depends on wine kek.png (524x39, 4K)

>gauges instead of normal bars
It's scientifically proven that it's retarded.

This

THIS ENTIRE THREAD OF FUCKING CANCER BAIT

Either you get VST support and need Wine, or not. Deal with it.

ARE YOU FUCKING N0000B OR WATTT?/? ELECTRO TEKNOOOO HAHAHAHA

It's fucking closer to techno and here's a ballbuster you haven't realized yet faggot those soundtracks for F-Zero gx was written in 2003 at least, which was way before shitty fucking plugins and on an actual synth, meaning no piece of shit vst plugin by artura can emulate the exact sound, you will sound digital and shit as fuck like everyone else, just telling the raw truth

>drop the base wooo xDDDD
of all the things you could have posted like autechre or aphex twin you chose to post this minecraft youtuber tier shit
fuck off

lol autechre and afx are way to precious to be spoken in this thread

No way!

calm reply: so since you're noob i will give you a starting point, you need to learn the difference between vst audio and genuine analog audio, listen to some typical trap shit beats, then listen to the tron legacy soundtrack, you will notice instant difference, that is because one is fucking all vst shit and one is genuine analog synths (physical fucking synth not plugin durr).

then decide if you want to be synth faggot or vst plugin faggot (you already sound like vst faggot cause artura plugin) and from there just keep practicing making stuff

fl studio is only good as a step sequencer + piano roll

If you’re used to the workflow.
You cannot and won’t switch around, but a good producer will be good independent of his tools.
Yet a Cubase guy will lose it in logic and the other way around.
Compare: text editor wars

a quick screenshot of my Ableton Live Lite (with "oak" theme).
I've been using Live Lite for years, nowhere near outgrowing it. I love it. I use it in conjunction with Acid to fill gaps the Lite version doesn't do (ie: convert to mp3's).
I can't say enough good things about it. really should get full version, i think like $400 or so.

i just quickly opened a demo to get this shot

Attached: ableton-screen-shot.jpg (1920x963, 422K)

>Did Music Tech in college, tutors will tell you this
they don't know what they're talking about in all honesty user it's a hard truth but it's the truth.
fl studio is hands down better at sequencing drums and samples than ableton. not that the same thing can't be done in ableton but fl studio makes it easier.
already do. daw+2i2 takes up a lot less space and my neighbors dont have to listen.
"actual musicians" get scammed at some art school then make shitty post jazz / fusion non stop until they decide to become a male nurse.
which is all you really need if you're arranging drums / samples and some midi synth stuff. if you're recording and editing fl studio is meh much prefer ableton.
That's all I've got good thread.

then of course, this is the compact (longways) view

Attached: ableton-screen-shot-2-for-g.jpg (1918x993, 354K)

Have used them all. Bit Wig is superior to Ableton and my favourite DAW

...and then this is my ACID, which is kind of quick and fun for fast production, it's older, but still does the job

Attached: acid-screen-shot-1-for-g.jpg (1920x991, 514K)

>they don't know what they're talking about
poster of Ableton and Acid screens here

honestly, i have found this to be the truth:
to really get good with the better DAWs, you have to sooner or later commit to just one ( possibly two after awhile). and stay with it. Since this is the case, choosing one go-to DAW, you should think about dedicating to an industry standard/leader, like Ableton, ProTools, or possibly Propellor or Cubase. It's just too hard and progress-loosing to switch later on if what you're using is no longer viable.

that's what i was told, and that's what i have found true.

user, I have bitwig too, and have made some shit tracks.
Any advice on how I could git good? Keep in mind that I am quite new to the daw business .

what's wrong with avid pro tools?

Attached: Avid_Pro_Tools_12.jpg (1800x1313, 364K)

Abelton for German: orderliness, flow, and thought process

Sunvox would be perfect if it had a fucking piano roll.
But NO. It has to stay tracker autism only.

Attached: Popular_Boxer_Turk.jpg (400x435, 34K)

>Did Music Tech in college
LMAO

Fruitypoops isnt even a DAW. It is a tool for autistic wannabe artists.

Cubase + Reason

If you like Ableton I reccomed you try Bit Wig it's better in lots of ways but retains the work flow of Ableton.

Cubase and Bit Wig are also German.

pxtone

It's fucking expensive as shit and requires proprietary hardware that is also fucking expensive so you have to commit yourself to getting jew'ed by Avid to do the same thing that a bunch of other programs can do just as well

Unironically this.

>Name a better DAW
emacs

How is reaper? It's cheap

A little bit clunky with Midi in general but it shines with recordings/mixing and stuff like that (sorry if I'm shallow but I'm not a musician, just telling my little experience)

Harmor sytrus maximus newtone are the only ones worth buying.

Since this seem to be a daw thread, can someone tell me what daw or program i should use if i want complete control over the sound parameters? For example, i want to control the pitch of a note over time with a mathematical function defined by me (ofc it would use some sort of quantization)

Yeah, but you can't do cut/glitch and screw mixes on FL.

Just do those in post

It's easier if you can sync it to a time sig/bars. Way harder to do it in Audacity because it won't auto-snap the cut audio to the nearest beat. I saw one DAW that was able to do it, I just can't remember what it was. Possibly Ableton.

Most DAWs are the same dickface, it's about what you are comfortable with and what you do with it.
I personally prefer Ableton for how compact the environment is.
This bullshit "x >>> y" bullshit needs to die. You are so pathetic that you have to shill an opinion as a fact? Absolutely Jow Forums.

>Windows next to windows over windows under windows tge DAW
>not using Ableton with audio mixing for your instrument/sample at the bottom of the screen
You don't understand how clean Ableton is. It is the window manager of the audio world.

/thread

i spent 10 years of my life with music and it got me nowhere, huge waste of time for me and i spent some money on it.in the back of my mind i kinda knew that it wasnt going to do things for me but i hoped. i got shat on by everyone for playing the piano. meanwhile my shitty sloth friend is terrible at it and still was able to go places with it, everyone knows him through music. cant blame me for being bitter because it turns out that it totally matters about looks and how people perceive you rather than talent. fair warning before you go balls deep.
with this in mind, your daw choice should be about your workflow. also vsts and samplers can do just about anything, instruments are becoming obsolete. wish i had this advice when i started out but then again it was back in 2003 so cpus could only do a few things.

Jeez, let's stop this analog vs digital war once for all. There is absolutely no difference from a vst or an analog synth, and I beat you couldn't even tell the difference on a modern record. The trap beats you mention are a complete different situation , most traps producers use serum at best or they don't even use a synth in the first place. Also, it's arturia not artura.

Finally an user that gets it. But since this is Jow Forums we'll spend more time arguing which is the "best" daw (this translates in defending the daw you use, of course) rather than talking about actual music production.