Im waiting until 2020 to update my computer

Im waiting until 2020 to update my computer.

What should I buy by then, Intel or AMD?

Im concerned about NSAware on CPU's, so I guess AMD, but how can you even trust AMD doesn't have their own internal OS bullshit?

Update is mostly for better video editing (rendering times on my 10 year old Q6600 are annoying) more VST instances in FLStudio, and good performance in VR racing games, hopefully by 2020 VR is finally good.

Attached: 0fb5380b0788416b7a4779dc7d650ef4.jpg (500x694, 50K)

AMD is just as much spyware as incel
Both have online management engines and backdoors.

You have to go pre-2012 for AMD and pre-2008 for intel if you want non backdoored cpus

2020 is DDR5 too early to tell which side to go for.

Buying AM4 in 2020 is fucking stupid as it's EOL by then.

If you want privacy stop using post-18th century tech.

>You have to go pre-2012 for AMD and pre-2008 for intel if you want non backdoored cpus
Wrong kiddo. Even Core Duo had on die management cores.

I was thinking about the same thing

right now ppl are thinking of chip redesign to incorporate security and prevent meltdown, spectre, and TLBleed
I suspect more hardware exploits will be found over the years.

it just takes a serious one that can be exploited with ease (think cryptolocker, spreadable over the network, but with zero user intervention, and in hardware...) for shtf

anyway what I was thinking is it leaves a small window of opportunity to build a new secure architecture to compete with x86. just need linux or microsoft or apple to jump on the bandwagon to get traction.

Attached: 47376478-15151132152703211_origin.jpg (1293x752, 88K)

>Update is mostly for better video editing (rendering times on my 10 year old Q6600 are annoying) more VST instances in FLStudio, and good performance in VR racing games
Threadripper 2, Intlel literally cannot compete.

Attached: 1457294956960.jpg (801x1500, 177K)

So even my Q6600 is backdoored? wtf

And even the t400 and x60 laptops are backdoored? dont nerds always use these as the ultimate free computers?

How do you guys cope with this bullshit?

>muh 99999 cores

But does it really outperform Rizen alternative? show me the proof

Intel has an 'advantage' at NSAware whereby ME_Cleaner can effectively cripple it(It can pretty much only check the CPU(for example for 8700 against Z170 chipset to ensure they don't work for no good reason), power on the CPU and that's it) even for Coffee Lake systems. This is only an option if you know how to mod your BIOS though. You can either set the HAP bit, remove most of the ME firmware or both. AMD's PSP only have the option to turn off in the UEFI, which don't do anything. No PSP_Cleaner to this date.

Intel's newer stuff will probably use solder under the IHS if de8auer is correct. Otherwise, buy a second-hand MSI's Delid Guard and install the heatsink(don't bother with re-gluing the IHS, using the ILM e.t.c., it usually will crack the CPU). Do remember to be protected against Spectre, Meltdown, TLBleed and stuff, whereas AMD is mostly immune. Disable HT or buy an i5.

If you don't mind AMD PSP, then Ryzen is the better choice.

Only Intel have ME_Cleaner which removes/cripples IME.

Talos III

In 2020, the Google Pro 7 1000 is pretty much the best out there, and for GPU the Intel Delta Phi series is great for even AI workloads. Just get the one that best corresponds to your budget.

But intel GPU will have backdoors too given past precedence.

That's a bunch of acronyms I don't understand.

I dont want to risk warranty doing this shit. FUUUCK

>But does it really outperform Rizen alternative
>Update is mostly for better video editing (rendering times on my 10 year old Q6600 are annoying) more VST instances in FLStudio, and good performance in VR racing games
While Ryzen is decent, Threadripper would definitely suit you better. Threadripper 2 is going to be even better.

Attached: Threadripper-Slide-5-Large.jpg (1726x966, 235K)

i was always wondering
are there other parts of this series ?

But what the fuck man, doesn't that thing get too warm? what kind of massive cooling device would I need? also what bout W consumption? my dad pays the electricity bills...

I see Veracrypt was tested. But whats the point of full disk encryption anymore if there is a damn OS inside your CPU, possibly storing your boot loader password? Its over.

neck yourself your spastic retard

Is this how you cope?

internet is full of data for you to analyze
>>>/kys/'

Nah, artist is Shiden Akira though, he has quite a few other works but they range in styles and content so you'll just have to check it out to see if you like it.

No

Yes. Full Disk Encryption is useless, your CPU's are storing boot data, specially post-2008 ones. There's no secrets in a post NSA world.

How the fuck would we know retard, it's two years from now. Ryzen 3, amd's chip after navi, likely new nvidia chips, and intel will finally have 10nm+ on the icelake architectures

Ask again in 2020. Intel might pull 10nm out of its ass and release something good, or Ryzen 2+ might be fucking amazing. Time will tell.

The more advanced the CPU the more advanced in built OS saving your passwords.

nice pic related

also intel because AMD is always shit, let's be honest: they release tons of products that aren't worth buying, then they release a cool product lineup that's overhyped for a month or two, then everybody goes back to incel

Autism.

AM5 or TR2 with DDR5 and PCIe 4.0/5.0

>he thinks he can win against the gubument

kek

Attached: gun v drone.jpg (600x414, 55K)

you're an idiot

wow that is powerful

drones are pretty scary

you know what's scarier than a handful shitty drones? pissed off people

drones cannot replace police force in the maintaining of a police state, retard

>he thinks he can't

kek

nah, people are easy

Attached: 1530955675289.png (966x752, 711K)

Intel ME = nsa botnet
AMD PSP = nsa botnet
if this is a concern for you buy an IBM powerpc/RISCV based system
note: your bidjeogames probably won't work on RISCV

they can be integrated into the complete police state system though.

I'd call it Drone/Police state.

Fucking nu-Jow Forums

Prove your CPU is not storing boot loader keystrokes

whats freer

these or librebooted t400

I'm looking forward to the day when 10TB or 12TB drives are only $100 - 150. 10TB/12TB x 5 (Raid Z2) = 30/36TB for only 500 - 750. Future can't get here quick enough!

>*unzips 9K38 Igla"

Just change your keyboard layout, then the output wont make any sense

Attached: b0a4661e2635e5f5c5fe9cb7fc07417ec9156ee70bbb71525ba8d027b00a8dfe.jpg (448x500, 49K)

you could call it DJAKOV

>Im concerned about NSAware on CPU's
Then nothing x86
NVidia sells pretty decent Jetson boards
On the TK1 at least, you could run fully free bootloader, kernel, and GPU drivers and install your own M.2 atheros wifi
The next one is due in October, the Jetson Xavier with 8 big, 0 little ARM cores
Not sure if this has freedom bootloader yet
I'm hopeful
ARM chromebooks are decent but have proprietary GPU and wifi. If you can live with no GPU and wifi dongle, it's a solution
BTW, there's some douche on Jow Forums who always shits his streets over trustzone
But Rockchips have open firmware posted on GitHub, and 32-bit ARM chromebooks actually load the kernel directly into trustzone, so, yeah, harmless
Trustzone is a problem on Snapdragons with binary blob firmware
Talos is freedom, and Power9 seems powerful enough, but then it comes with VGA, womp womp
RISC-V SiFive board just announced they would be shipping all firmware open source
I'll wait to see if that happens or if the RISC-V people have an unfortunate "accident" before then

I've been told that using a PCIe ethernet card can prevent ME from phoning home to Shittel. Any idea if that's true or not? I don't care so much about ME probing my anus if the readings can't be sent back to (((them))).

Attached: befuddled.jpg (600x826, 162K)

>everyone goes back to incel

Nice Freudian slip. The absolute state of shintel fags.

Libreboot faggot

Zen 2700x Vega 56

idiots still think time dependency of an equation and inherent caching side effects are a security flaw

lmao

I want to replace my old Core 2 Duo with something new but the ram prices are just too ridiculous. When are the ram prices going to go down?

get a single 16GB stick and that's it

ok name a solution to a gps jam

drones to not rely on gps alone. especially government ones, they can be made to not care about regulations

kotty

Attached: fae45bd9f73dbe81243dc03413368f09776f01bf15aabc8843fbe61413851ade.png (1023x682, 1.22M)

You cant. Vera only allows US i think.

get some standard g.skill/corsair ddr4 2400 and learn how to overclock