Who /SWE/ here

Who /SWE/ here

Interning at Facebook next month

Attached: black-girls-code.jpg (2560x1440, 389K)

holy fuck what an ugly nigger

you mean software engineer?

not at facebook, but I travel around europe and make slideshows with UML diargams and write ~100 lines of "black magic" code per week/project and teach devs how to expand on it correctly so that their enterprise systems are "secure".

not sure if you have that type of freedom at facebook.

>Not you, you are an intern, not even that, a future intern

Sweet gig m8. Bang prostitutes while out traveling?

FB pays well senpai, congrats.
I'm a SRE after a couple years of being a SE. Dealing with products suck.

post compensation details

>call yourself an engineer
>write webapps using reactjs an actual middleschooler could do
Fucking lol

50/hr with free housing in the Bay Area, plus 3 great meals a day.

1. Even if that were true, why would I care
2. CR's at facebook are ruthless, you have to write good, maintainable code no matter what you're doing.

not bad, you don't get free housing with google internship

she cute

i thought you were being an asshole but then i clicked the picture. what the fuck

Are you at google? I never got host matched so I withdrew and went to amazon lols. I'm hoping the recruiter will dump me into host matching for next summer's internship (I'm graduating late for a math major) but I'm doubtful

yeah, but i don't know how internship works, ask your recruiter

/sweden/ ?

Buttmad one-trick pony detected.

Though I'm a CS major, I'm a complete fucking brainlet when it comes to actual CS things, like I couldn't talk about algorithmic complexity and SICP til the cows come home.
But what I am good at is architecture, like microarchitecture and ISAs and stuff.
I realize that what I do know is antiquated esoterica at this point, but I don't believe I have a chance at scoring a job at a hardware company.
This isn't to say that I don't have experience programming, quite the contrary. I've worked with some pretty cool technology in the past, but I refuse to touch anything that's webdev related, beyond simple JS and visualization. I wasn't able to sink myself into memes like AI, but I did work with Hadoop and Spark.
I've heard of other brainlets getting opportunities in the West Coast, and I'm growing increasingly jealous of Jow Forums memes like "if you're not making $1B dollars by the time you're 17, you're never gonna make it". So I decided to throw my hat in the ring and try out my luck with some of these companies, just to see how far I get.
tl;dr: How smart does someone actually have to be to get a job at one of these meme companies?

>implying there are niggers who aren't ugly

Attached: 1497534958342.png (393x391, 216K)

can't, gf would murder me

She better be worth it, just saying.

You get your choice of reloc or shitty shared housing

pls host match me bro. Where do you work btw? Mountain View?

isn't it too late for that? our intern already started weeks ago

Oh yeah it's way too late and I already have an internship lols. I'll apply to google for next summer though. You never answered where you work if I may ask. Working at google NYC is my end game, I just don't think the bay area is a good place to be for a young male

mv, bay area does suck, but how is nyc better? never been there

>intern
>calls himself an engineer

>software "engineer"

Attached: 0e9[1].jpg (499x499, 24K)

>CR's at facebook are ruthless
>ruthless
>exaggerating how difficult or important his work really is
>sweating over code review
Maybe you're not as good as the FB name makes you think you are. I know your kind, kid.

>implying I made any statement about importance of the work when I merely rebutted the claim that anyone can commit code to FB

Lots of strawmanning going on. Where's the insecurity coming from? Are you a .NET defense contractor developer or something?