Websites that need replacing

how has this pos managed to survive with no real competitors?

and tinder is something that can be made in a weekend

Attached: okstupid.png (363x319, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cppcms.com/wikipp/en/page/benchmarks_all
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because you're an incel

what are you talking about? It has POF and paid sites to compete with.

match really is the way to go based on people's experiences that I know. unless you want hookups. then tinder or bumble.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-07_18-25-27.png (898x744, 110K)

Kill POF over OkCupid. POF is now the Craigslist personal section.

Coffee meets bagel and bumble for this guy whenever I'm looking to upgrade.

Just use fucking Craigslist. I barebacked the fuck out of some 8/10 tramp and developed an ongoing thing from it, simply because i have a big dick and fucked her for an hour straight.

craigslist doesn't have personals anymore, user. u high?

sweet, sweet newfriend :^).
(Nobody tell him)

pof is unusable
and nobody uses the ones where you pay to message people

okc has become unusable since messages only appear if you both notice/like eachother

Because advertising
It doesn't matter how good your website is if nobody knows about it, and you're having to try get every single user on planet earth to use some noname app.

A dating site literally can only work with lots of users.

my point is why hasnt someone eaten okc's lunch, especially since the site is run by a bunch of degenerate SJWs that I suspect punish users based on how normal they are

every 2nd question they ask is some fucked up sex shit

also I suspect there's a lot of fake people on all dating sites, both by the sites and users that make them seem more vibrant than they really are

>okcupid
>written in c++

no wonder it excels

So true.. just opened the app literally the first profile I see is.
>Leftist
>ACLU
>Righttolive
>If you voted Trump....

Attached: Screenshot_20180707-195454_OkCupid.jpg (720x1480, 236K)

to do all the question matching and searches by criteria, it makes sense to have the server written in c++

I wonder how many computers I'd need to run a similar site

I wouldnt use the app, they'd probably spy on you or save all your contacts and put you on a trump lovers list like facebook does

>Feminist
>Black lives matter

What a joke

I wonder if restaurants hire people to just come and sit inside and pretend to order to make themselves seem busier than they are and attract customers

t. virgins

it's not about backend or engine.
it's about marketing you doofus

wrong

proof?

>not signing up for a mail order bride dating service
It's great lads

Attached: 1527306930523.png (1920x1080, 852K)

>to do all the question matching and searches by criteria, it makes sense to have the server written in c++
What? You could accomplish the same thing with Apache, PHP, and a few simple SQL queries.

yes, I actually saw this in Cambodia, in a touristy place. A large local family was sitting at a table by the window with empty plates. As soon as a tourist group went it and got seated, the familty stood up and disappered in the back entrance.

greetings from >>/trv/ btw

I thought a lot of those dating sites, including tinder, we're owned by the same corp.

Link

yeah, but it would put a lot of stress on the sql server, especially when you do sort by match worldwide, you'd have to check questions per user to calculate the % and then sort those, then only return a subset of those to the particular user til they scroll down and retrieve more
and it has to do this for every user, there's no shortcut and the % gets invalidated when more questions are answered
maybe they do the question matching with C++ and then store a cache per user for quick retrieval

what if it was the restaurant staff about to have lunch, but then you interrupted and they had to get in the kitchen to prepare your meal?

Use missed connections

cppcms.com/wikipp/en/page/benchmarks_all

The entire personal section is gone. do you live in a cave??

does anyone else suspect tinder doesn't even show your profile to people you like/superlike unless you pay money?

every dating site is own my the same holding company.

there is no competition.

suspicions confirmed
time to make a blockchain based dating service
what should it be called?
moo farm?

fine, I'll make a dating site and get them to buy it off me

>C++ web framework

Attached: 1527007314460.jpg (251x116, 11K)

imagine if every sexual encounter can be logged on the blockchain, then it would be possible to filter and shame all roasties

I'm surprised facebook never tried turning itself into an actual dating website, they have everything neccesary, except they dont let you find new people outside your circle, unless it's a group of autists

I also suspect okcupid drops messages from getting to recipients if they flag them for being straight and heterosexual

and the mods probably use their privileges to try to pick up girls by making themselves appear first, or drop messages from other guys

Rly?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-07-18-21-21-131_com.brave.browser.png (1080x2160, 357K)

Every single girl on okcupid has some sort of brain damage or is ugly.

no different than real life

The US Craigslist personals were shut down in response to the US passing the Stop Online Sex Trafficking Act, which criminalizes providing an online service you are aware is used for sex trafficking. That is the Canadian website.

>"dating" sites

Attached: freedumb.jpg (853x543, 92K)

Oh kamloops. Heading back there for a visit in a lil bit.

network effect

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence, user. And your emotional outbursts - where you shout insults at people who have larger dicks than you do - aren't evidence.