Anyone own a pair of these?

Anyone own a pair of these?
>5 hour battery
>quick charge from battery case
>easily connectivity. Even on android
Mediocre sound. Worth the $160 price tag?

Attached: E139B9AD-CF29-4EC9-B6A8-B9E60C8649FE.png (430x430, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Tin-Audio-T2-2-Dynamic-Driver-High-Fidelity-Audiophile-MMCX-IEMs-In-ear-Earphone-/182737981561
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/6/15/17467216/usb-c-headphones-wireless-future
androidauthority.com/we-asked-you-told-us-no-one-really-wants-wires-but-bluetooth-just-isnt-great-876615/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>price is proportional to acoustic quality and nothing else

Pointless if you're on Android or Windows. I love them, my favorite Apple product since the iPod.

Yeah they do sound like shit. Normies don't care though

Maybe the aIrpod 2 will be better. Also they cause ear cancer (this is unproven) enjoy.

Why don't you get a job?

wireless anything is always more expensive and more troublesome than its worth

are they worth it? depends how you define worth. i take them everywhere with me, and as long as the case is charged, if they ever die which is rare you can put them back in the case for 15mins and they'll be almost fully charged.

easily the best product apple has released in a long time. also for once they fucked up the price, they could've easily charged $300+ for these things and they'd still be worth the price imo.

i wouldn't use wireless headphone t b h
the radioactive microwaves they emit will lobotomize you within a few years

>i-it doesn't matter how it performs if its pretty!

Applefag to the utmost degree, get the fuck off this board.

My girlfriend owns a pair, the sound quality doesn't live up to the price tag, but they're very easy to use and comfortable.

I can definitely understand the appeal for the average person.

>wireless anything is always more troublesome than its worth
>wireless
>no wire
>troublesome

i sometimes wonder if you worthless neets even read what your tiny bird brain comes up with & what your sausage fingers type before you hit that submit button.

absolute brain dead. kill yourself.

Enjoy losing them while you're walking on the street.

I own a pair and if you value convenience highly, they are worth it. They sound nothing like the price tag, but the fact that you pull them out and they're instantly connected, can put them away for them to charge to stay at full battery, and are small and easy to carry make it absolutely seemless. While the price is a shame, you are paying solely for a quality of life improvement, which is worth it enough for me.

Don't use any other wireless bluetooth headset as an argument. Nothing compares to the convenience of these if and only if you own an iPhone as well

Have they been chink-cloned?

- The 5 hr battery life only applies to the buds themselves; the case can charge the buds from 0 to 100 about 10 times, so you only need to actually plug them in very rarely.
- Pairing is extremely easy and painless unless you're using them with Android or Windows.
- Once they're paired with your iPhone, they're paired with everything else you use, so that's pretty cool.
- Sound quality isn't amazing but also not unforgivable.
- The buds don't fall out of your ears as often as you'd think they would.
- Apparently the case pairs up with whichever buds were last charging inside it, so if you lose an earbud and buy another, there's no setup process or anything.

They're pretty cool.
Generally, 9/10 ease of use, 6/10 sound, 8/10 battery life.

>wired
plug thing in. Use thing.
>wireless
batteries, charging, bluetooth pairing, WPA/WPA2/WPS, removing the previous if you want to move the thing to a different device, dongles, signal-strength and line-of-sight issues, incompatibilities from different versions of the various standards, sometimes shit just doesn't want to work and you have no idea why.

i have a pair, they're really nice but for some reason really suck with my chromebook

i mainly use them for podcasts though, not music

It performs great. What now?

More expensive yes, more trouble no. I use them with my phone mostly and I've always hated earbud wires. I'm not an audiophile either, I don't hoard FLAC rips of my obscure albums. I'm a casual listener of music and the AirPods are more than adequate for Apple Music streaming bitrate which is 256kbps AAC, virtually indistinguishable from 320kbps MP3. Understanding bottlenecks is crucial here. Having fancy audiofag head[hones plugged into my phone will make my entire phone the bottleneck, doesn't have the suitable DAC or even the power output to feed the headphones to their fullest.

Proper headphone listening sessions are for the desk. Plugged into a proper DAC and AMP.

Its a mix of convenience and form. They're super convenient because they're already connected to your phone by the time you've taken one of them out of the case, they're never really disconnected until you connect to something else. They've never cut out on me or had any weird audio issues, their range is great considering how small they are, about 35 meters with line of sight. The biggest appeal to me though is the fact they're not silicon sealing and they're two individual units, I've wanted such a thing way before these ever existed. I can hot-swap them individually during long calls, I can't even make a call with any other silicon tip earbud because I have a very deep voice and the reverberations are extremely uncomfortable. I just hate wires most of the time when I'm listening to music, sometimes I just want to get up and do something or whatever without having to take whatever it attached with me.

>battery life as advertised, very rapid recharge, quicker than advertised by far
>case is tiny as fuck and very well built

As I said, my favorite Apple product since the iPod.

None of your points apply to the AirPods with any other Apple Product though. For other BT headphones with Android and Windows, yeah totally. Don't you see? That's why people love them.

Love mine. Sometimes use them with my Apple TV if I wanna jerk off without being noisy.

I would suggest waiting for the next announcement. I think they're announcing something newer. The infamous "wireless charging case" was announced over a year ago. Should be announced with hopefully a new ear piece refresh.

Attached: 2pwH2cm.jpg (360x242, 11K)

>putting the circle peg in the circle hole is hard

Attached: 1507711260447.png (645x968, 25K)

Im shitting at work and i never post while shitting, but holy shit. You sound like a raging homosexual.

>itoddler detected

ebay.co.uk/itm/Tin-Audio-T2-2-Dynamic-Driver-High-Fidelity-Audiophile-MMCX-IEMs-In-ear-Earphone-/182737981561
Get 'em and enjoy.

Attached: 1530993507255.jpg (462x515, 42K)

>It just works!
Except when it doesn't.

Why don't you?

Attached: based tyrone saying top kek m8 while pointing at anon.gif (200x200, 379K)

fucking amazing for the price

Imagine exaggerating this hard because you're upset. Imagine being upset while taking a shit at your McJob.

OP here.
I work taking calls all day wearing a headset. Currently use regular headphones in one ear to listen to music while working. I’ve been doing some research and these seem to be common for similar task. A lot of mixed reviews. People either hate them or love them.

Probably gonna get my mom some for Xmas

Great battery life, I charge the tiny case like once or twice a week, automatically switches to my MacBook when that’s on, they stay in my ears firmly, audio is good for normalfags who don’t need to hear every wave of sound exactly as it was recorded, range is great especially when cleaning around the house, they don’t die from sweat in the gym, only bad bit is the price tag, of course it would be nice for everything to “just be cheaper” but that’s not the way the world works. If you have an iPhone and fucking hate cords hanging out of your ears you will love the AirPods, of course if you are a poorfag, you will only wish to become an iAscended audio god.

got some yesterday, they are comfy af.

based.

So the basic conclusion here is that "it just werks" is actually a big value add for the Airpods because bluetooth and wireless audio stuff in general is a shitshow?

Pretty much yeah. Airpods also work with all all apple devices without any hassle.
Example: you can get apple laptop and you can play sounds from there and the airpods know to play them. Had they been in-ear type of earbuds I would have bought them day one.

if you value your time, buy them.

Mine work great but if you want to use multiple devices they're still a pain.

For example if you come home and want to switch the Airpods from your iPhone to your mac it will fail to connect at all or the iphone will force a reconnect shortly after connecting.

>batteries, charging, signal-strength and line-of-sight issues aren't a thing on apple products

Attached: (you).png (645x729, 75K)

what about the sound quality? is it good for a wireless device?

>They sound nothing like the price tag
>i could get the same "instant response" from wired earbuds
>needs an iphone to be that convenient
>160$
yeah no

Luckily I too for saw this problem and I made a portable charging adapter that I connect straight to my iPhone. It's headphones with a cord.

isn't the ease of use limited to apple devices though? for me it doesn't feel worth it paying 160$ for something I could get a similar, if not better, sound quaility if it were wired, which would also solve problems like battery

are wireless buds really worth it?

>shilling on Jow Forums

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/6/15/17467216/usb-c-headphones-wireless-future
androidauthority.com/we-asked-you-told-us-no-one-really-wants-wires-but-bluetooth-just-isnt-great-876615/

Yeah, it's one of those products only worth buying if you're already using a bunch of Apple products: iPhone, iPad, MacBooks, etc.
If not, it's actually a really good idea to look elsewhere, because the main selling point isn't the sound quality, which is pretty much the same as normal EarPods.

>are wireless buds really worth it?
Depends. The collar earbuds tend to be OK if you don't mind charging them nightly. I know there are a bunch of collar Bluetooth earbuds that sound actually pretty great, like the Jaybirds. But the "truly wireless" earbuds should most likely be steered clear of, because they're mostly difficult to use, have terrible battery life AND sound like hot garbage. The only exceptions are AirPods and another brand made by Huawei whose specific name I can't remember. And even they don't sound too great; just acceptable.
But generally, if you're OK with just plugging in your earbuds/headphones like normal, it's probably better to just stick with aux headphones anyway. Personally, I got tired of cables fraying and snagging onto things which would cause the phone to go flying and stuff like that. It's a pretty nice bonus to be able to leave your phone on a table or in a bag or something and be able to do stuff without having to take it with you.

>Yeah, it's one of those products only worth buying if you're already using a bunch of Apple products: iPhone, iPad, MacBooks, etc.
>If not, it's actually a really good idea to look elsewhere, because the main selling point isn't the sound quality, which is pretty much the same as normal EarPods.
Fair enough, it makes sense

You're also right about them being worth it or not, i'm not an audiophile and generally dont care so much about sound quality as long as i can tune it a lil bit, despite some of the hassles wires come with, battery issues are just a killer point for me, i dont think i'll be buying wireless buds anytime soon, but i can definitely see the appeal for them, thanks for your comment user

>What now?
No need to lie user. It works as intended, sounds like $20 earbuds and does the wireless Apple gimmicks. That's enough to make you happy.

No prob

Literally boomer tier

They have. I got the "ENACFIRE" ones off Amazon for $50 and they work well. Sound quality is decent but won't blow away expectations. The eartips themselves are pretty uncomfortable so I'd get some extra ones of your choice. Overall would recommend

Is there any alternative with similar form factor which is actually a better value for the money? Not necessarily cheaper