Battlebots

There was a good Battlebots thread the other day. Let's have another one.

>Episode links (usually in comments)
reddit.com/r/BattleBotsRaw/new/

>Reddit

I know...

So who is making the top 16? How did you feel about the Icewave/Skorpios fight the other night? What's your favorite bot? How would you go about reprogramming Chomp's autonomous functions? What was your favorite fight this season? Favorite fight ever?

Attached: Minotaur_s8.jpg (862x598, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lKF1d9d9zYk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh good, time to download them

>9 episodes
fuck yea

Witnessed

epic numbers

Why hasn't their been another Razer bot? One that didn't take 40 seconds to be useful

Not sure... There have been so many spinners but not much of other types.

>> autonomous
Battlebots are autonomous now?

Chomp's got LIDAR and fires the Hammer when it detects a bot in the strike zone, with some velocity considerarions. It can also now follow opponents around, trying to keep them at the optimal distance for its. It's got an armor belt at the bottom to prevent a repeat of Chomp S1 and the top armor is shock mounted as evidenced by the fight with HUGE. It's center of gravity is actually pretty low despite what the announcers tell you. Unfortunately, it has a very narrow base that makes it hard to stay upright. They had magnets in the bottom, but since S2, the coating they put on the floor is too thick for the magnets to matter. Its two self righting systems are too unpredictable (the wings) or too predictable (the pistons)
If I had to fix anything, I'd try to brake the bot when swinging the hammer; I figure the inertia causes instability. It's like when vertical spinner tries to turn with its weapon spun up.
>youtu.be/lKF1d9d9zYk

>Battlebots

Attached: CraigCharles.jpg (810x486, 59K)

Wasn't Razer a middleweight?

>Why hasn't their been another Razer bot?
You mean this?

Attached: Spectre_KoB.jpg (640x480, 31K)

What stops someone from putting a gun on one

the rules
i think a magnetic or pressurized air gun would be fine though

>we've watches, pens, "daily carry" (a.k.a web 2.0 style section of men's magazine) threads and stuff that's obvious marketing of mainstream brands, and now threads on a TV show. Seriously? /diy/ has more to do with tech now.

I know for sure pressurized air guns are allowed. Double Jeopardy has one this season.

>A show specifically dedicated to the application of several forms of technology
>Not Jow Forums relatecd

>666
>0000
Witnessed!

Attached: 1528502887432.jpg (650x366, 30K)

>it's another chomp flops around being gay and useless and gets a pity vote from one of the judges episode

Attached: 1485874839841.jpg (567x564, 35K)

One day I will build a flywheel powered fuck-off hammer.
Once I get off my lazy lardass.

Attached: roomba-knife-fight.jpg (640x426, 50K)

And its completely fucking useless

It knocked something loose inside Gamma 9's pincer. Too bad they didn't have the time to make it welded. The fittings must add a hundred pounds that could've gone to other things.

obligatory robot wars was better post

Attached: Minibigcheese.jpg (1600x1483, 205K)