Is it possible to teach myself Python and get a job in tech...

Is it possible to teach myself Python and get a job in tech? This is probably a dumb ass question but how long would a decently technologically savy guy take to learn enough to land a job. I can work on my skills every day. Anyone coders out there that actually like their jobs?

Attached: 064E2E8.jpg (450x783, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.cmu.edu/~112/schedule.html
datasciencecourse.org/lectures/
infinitedescent.xyz/
github.com/cmu-db/ottertune
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dat ass

The issue with Python is that learning the core language/libraries is not difficult at all. It's learning external libraries that is the core of "I know Python".

If you -- somehow -- know the specific libraries in use by a given company, then sure, you can probably bully your way into a job. But otherwise, they're going to measure your "ability to learn" based on the languages you already know, your ability to solve algorithmic problems, etc.

BRRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPP

>It's learning external libraries that is the core of "I know Python".
the absolute state of python kiddies

No, ur fucked kid.

please tell me this is a white girl booty

I say your chances are slim. You should have started when you were around the age of 6 or 7. You're an adult. Too old.

I wouldn't listen to the neckbeards. It's possible but you have got to hit it hard and show your future employer things you've built.

Yes

Attached: 1*lOEJf3tEoWCHYoWEg69A7g.jpg (1600x1832, 165K)

Attached: BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP.webm (800x900, 1.95M)

>Is it possible to teach myself Python and get a job in tech?

Yes.

But without a degree it will most likely be a code monkey position that will pay jack shit and be unfulfilling.

You should really get a degree if you have that option.

what's wrong with that? i have to learn less to achieve the same result compared to some other languages.

>racing to the bottom with python

You could argue that it is in fact a race to the top

wrong

woah shit you sure convinced me with those hot arguments

no, no one ever learned python

Python's great, you can do almost anything with it.

python is ass

I'd teach that girl the ways of my Python, if you catch my drift

yknow, you should take this online python couse, from Udemy

(did I get that right?)

Attached: 78ZT9mU.gif (286x286, 525K)

>poor little jewish boy vs chad subwoofer

f(ifth)pbp
Learn a real job, OP.
listen to

Attached: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg (385x385, 28K)

>want job
>python

Sure no problem. First do this course, click on each topic, there's a video. Do all the assignments and labs too
cs.cmu.edu/~112/schedule.html

Now, do this course
datasciencecourse.org/lectures/
It's "full stack" practical data science. Experience with linear algebra, probability, and statistics is recommended, but not strictly required and you can teach this yourself from this free book: infinitedescent.xyz/

Failing that just learn everything there is to know about some Python framework by being an open source contrib squashing bugs and writing features, somebody will hire you. Python is a shit language unless you're doing /sci/ things with it, like designing a program that will automatically configure database systems and optimize them using ML github.com/cmu-db/ottertune