The Dell Latitude is the best Laptop you can get on a budget. Thinkfags need not apply

The Dell Latitude is the best Laptop you can get on a budget. Thinkfags need not apply
>small size
>visually appealing design
>comes with either a 3rd gen i3 or i5
>can easily upgrade ram and HDD
>Dell quality
>can be purchased for under $200
How can Thinkpads even compete?

Attached: 23333.jpg (800x500, 46K)

Those latitudes have terrible pointing (touchpad and stick).

>stick
what

Looks interesting. Faster than my chromebook i got for a similar price but i don't know about how good the touchpad, build, or keyboard is. Those are a must.

That keyboard looks like shit.

I just bought a thinkpad t420 for $150 on eBay

How bad is computrace gonna fuck me

I had one for highschool. The touchpad is decent for just light work. heavier stuff you will want a mouse but that's a given. It's not glossy plastic or anything shit so friction isn't going to be an issue. keyboard is membrane but I never had an issue with it as long as you don't continuously pull of the keycaps. Build is pretty decent. I saw a few around my school that had bent plastic or just chips off of them but if you take good care of it and don't throw your shit around like a Neanderthal it won't get damaged. this inside of the laptop is plastic. plamrests being matte, and touchpad and top being textured. most of the casing is metal, except for the silver parts, which are plastic.

How do they compare to thinkpads?

I can get a T420 8GB 128 ssd for £160 is a Lattitude a better option?

not gonna lie, the XP-era latitudes are fucking based, on-par with the T-series at the time.

>XP-era
Fucking wangtards.

>Dell quality
So five motherboard failures within two years? Hope you got that warranty. :^)

Laptops don't ship with Loonix, faggot.

They can by request.

i used one of these for 4 years and the only issues I ever had were due to the incompetent technicians at my school who serviced them.

the latitude comes with an i5 3340m, where as the t420 comes with an i5 2520m.

Are these well built?

The T420 is over 2lbs lighter and it 20% longer battery life.

T420s?

Yea you can drop them on asphalt and nothing will happen

>The Dell Latitude is the best Laptop you can get on a budget.
Patricians don't have budgets.

Why did you opt for a Chromebook? As a joke?

i donate $300 to the FSF every year
the reason i said XP-era was because that was the business stard for laptops of that format for that time period.
while windows 10 is the current enterprise standard for laptops these days, the consumer market is in increasing demand for business-class laptops like the latitude and thinkpad, and with that comes the usual 2014+ era of DIY and increasing awareness for freedom. this is partially because of wikileaks and the increase in infotainment, and people are starting to think for themselves and expand their horizons, with this all correlating to the growing love for STEM in the world.
these days, while windows 10 is the industry standard for business computing, i would say debian liGNUx-based systems (ubuntu especially) are increasing in popularity for consumers using enterprise-tier laptops.

Attached: 1111.jpg (623x400, 26K)

I think he's talking about the clit.

but a thinkpad is better at literally all of those you braindead oxy-addled dell shill

>thinkpads
>visually appealing design
uh no sweaty

its a computer you toddler
>look at big flashy lights on my compooter!!!!!! shiny big color!!!!!!!
you don't actually take your dell into public, do you?

I take a 17"in MSI into public. Zero fucks.

I have a Dell latitude 7240 which looks identical to the pic. The chassis is too flexible so keyboard flex is also greater than it should be. All of the other characteristics of the laptop can be read off a spec sheet. The biggest advantage of the dell over the lenovo is the dell has less spy ware.

Oldschool magnesium chassis Dells are great. Some of the XX30 series Latitudes can accept an mSATA SSD, as well as having the regular 2.5" drive slot. Add another drive slot with a caddy. Lots of storage in a small form factor, great for a seed box or stream box.

is there a reason you mongs buy old shit

Latitudes are also business laptops
Thinkpads do apply you idiot

Probably not all

>bring the dell that op talks about into Uni
>no one bats an eye
>bring thinkpad
>get ridiculed and mocked due to the design not having changed in 20+ years
Its like you have a fetish for being bullied or something.

dell xps do.