So Tritium the nuclear isotope of hydrogen right...

So Tritium the nuclear isotope of hydrogen right? It's beta radiation is non-harmful ( externally ) and reacts the same way to solar panels like the sun. So, 0.5 grams of tritium will charge a phone from 0% to 100% pretty quickly. Now, the half life of Tritium is only about 4,000 days max, but how come there are no tiny versions of these batteries becoming more popular. In the pic is a battery that can charge a Notebook 7 several times in about 15 min. How come there are not more of these?

Attached: large.jpg (620x384, 51K)

Tritium is fucking expensive

Fuck you're right.
"US$30,000 per gram"

Holy fuck, how did i miss this?

>How come there are not more of these?
it's fuckin expensive, and there wouldn't be a market for them beyond very specialized industrial applications where steam generation would be a more reliable source of power

>Not powering your phone with glorious nuclear energy
>2018
plebs

>tfw charging my phone with isopropyl alcohol

Attached: stirling engine.webm (960x540, 2.14M)

Fuck that's cool

It's harmful as fuck, and will fucking kill you if you inhale it.

So will water

>will fucking kill you if you inhale it
We need water to live yet it has that same property

How can you guarantee the output is 5v to not fry the phone.

thanks for delivering retardation Jow Forums

actually impressive and i am impressed but Asimov's foundation would call you a degenerate for not indoctrinating nuclear power over simple fuel

Attached: XVy3Dl6DLxYsJXpKdxHkQ5-zFq55IpKqpNj6cn_Q9EA.png (592x715, 687K)

I wasn't too worried, the charger with the battery was $5

>even thinking about fast charging
kys normie retard

Its much too expensive for the power it generates sadly. Me and some friends were trying to build a series of dumb phones powered by tritium and ended up realizing that its a huge waste of time and money to use that as a powersource.

You dont need half a gram nor would it be that expensive if people actually used it more.

go back to 8th grade and study more

>normie
fuck off reddit.

>So, 0.5 grams of tritium will charge a phone from 0% to 100% pretty quickly
No.
It also costs too much. Wait until we have running thermonuclear reactors, we'll be able to produce it cheaper out of lithium. 50-100 years at least.

*YAWNS*

ok

The entire tritium production of the US is probably a couple of kilograms per year and seeing as how it's used to make nuclear bombs..............

Not if you cough it back up you retard.

Fucking retards.

I never said that wasn't true.

>charge 5v battery with 6v
>battery now gives off 6v
Is... is that how it works?

For some batteries, yes, at the cost of longevity and a risk of fire. But every phone has a separate circuit for charging, with more or less stabilized input, whatever you feed it will be transformed into proper voltage. And if it goes beyond operational limits, phone just won't charge.