Electric skateboards are technology. do you have one, or maybe are thinking of getting an e-skate?

electric skateboards are technology. do you have one, or maybe are thinking of getting an e-skate?

Attached: jbareham_160829_1205_0034.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 135K)

The boosted boards are fun as hell, I have over 500 miles clocked in and it's great.

But man, the community fucking sucks. Just a bunch of pussies who can barely stand on two feet, not to mention to ride a skateboard more than a yard without falling off and hitting their head so hard they have to replace the helmet.

I think electric skateboards could be really cool, but they'll become the next segways because the people who ride hem are unathletic nerds who suit up in a whole-body protective gear like they're about be dropped off in the Gaza strip when they actually go to the nearest 7/11 to excahnge GBP for tendies.

my twitch friend has one
let me ride on it
boring
so I instead sat on it and rode around like in a formula

Great idea for a product but the first market is (((neistat))) fuccbois. Horrible basis for a product launch.

Boomers ride them down the halls in my office.

>so I instead sat on it and rode around like in a formula
what stops you from making basically a car out of an electric skateboard and a tarp?

Man, that dead dumbass who was too stubborn to wear protection is so cool - said no one ever.

>a skateboard for people who can't skateboard
we have those already, they're called scooters

>so I instead sat on it and rode around like in a formula
based

Are EUC technology ?

Pic related

Attached: gotway-tesla-1020wh.jpg (800x800, 52K)

This 100x

Coming from someone who grew up skating, snowboarding, rock climbing

"I'm having so much fun wearing all these condoms" said no one ever

Actually lol'd

Attached: Screenshot_20170731-223115.jpg (1425x1522, 530K)

I just use a non powered longboard or skateboard, both are pretty mobile and can get going fast, I recommend the penny skateboard (not the classic ones, it's more like an actual skateboard) for maximum mobility in a city environment as well as being weather proof aside from the bearings.

God. Everything is e this e that. E vapes and now e skates. Everything is e gay

You can still have fun while being responsible. Use your brain.

damn kids and their e mail and e machines

I grew up skating and I always wore a helmet and kneepads if I could fit them on what I was wearing. Never got into elbow pads as I felt they impeded movement but I could see why they have appeal as I've banged my arms up badly before. I've had falls at some high speeds going down hills hitting gravel I couldn't avoid and I'm certain my backpack and helmet saved my life during the rolling that ensued.

I use a Stary board for every day commute.
Got a cheaper board because I'm not sure how I'd like it.
The stary is great, but I'm hungry for more battery on it. Might get a boosted.

I like to think that my commitment to learning and improving my skill counts as me being responsible. Likewise, being exposed to danger isn't irresponsible.

Why would you ever use this instead of a bike?

Pads are great in the skatepark or mobbing hills, but it's lame af for anything in-between.

Sounds gnarly! I fell while longboarding a big hill once. Got the wobbles and just collapsed on the asphalt. Had road rash all over my legs, elbows and hands for about 1 month. Sleeping was the worst

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye" -- Sam "Serious" Stone

I like to think that it would be fun and games after they lose an eye, also.

Faster than most people on bikes in my experience.
Way easier to bring onto trains, busses, etc.

>Fun.

Also less functional. Bikes have a much greater distance on them.

>Be American or Brit
>Have weird laws around bicycles
>And even worse culture
>Suddenly electric bikes are a thing
>Suddenly people slam on electrical motors on skateboards and kick bikes
>Suddenly teens start using electrically propelled balance boards with a small gyro inside
>Suddenly random marked penetration
k
>>/n/ is not proud of ya

Attached: US_bike_Theft.jpg (1024x776, 305K)

Not to mention, biking gives you a workout, which I would consider mostly a good thing.
> Mostly
> That time we got stuck with hours of biking and had no food

Electric scooters are better for normies.

>easier to balance
>don't have to ride sideways like a weirdo
>control is from turning handlebars like a bike, not leaning like some dudebro surfer
>you look like a huge faggot

>Range
>Excercise
Sure, these are accurate advantages to bikes. Now, prioritize.
I use my board for last-mile transport on both sides of a long train ride. I wouldn't want to bother bringing my bike for that.

Getting injured is cool.

Just buy a motorcycle

Learn to fall, retards

And yet you still bother to bring an electric board, instead of a lightweight and longer lasting regular longboard? And yes, I used to travel longer than that with full University pack.

This

How is electric board any more inconvenient to carry than regular longboard? It's somewhat heavier yes but the only time you're carrying it is on and off the train.

Electric longboards also run out of battery, and require maintenance, charging. My longboard usually sits in my car, I use it for the last bit of my commute.

>Electric longboards also run out of battery
only belt driven ones become useless when the batter runs out.
>require maintenance
just like every vehicle
>charging
see above

board of any kind are just toys really but just like with most toys they become more fun when electric motors are involved

The area I arrive at is very hilly. Going uphill on a regular longboard sucks balls.

Saw a retard riding his skateboard into tram tracks and subsequently falling to the ground at an intersection the other day.

I had that idea as a child when I thought about putting a drill motor on my skateboard.
Pay me.

Attached: 1524961633197.jpg (894x894, 237K)

I have one. A Chinese rip-off called Meepo, because paying $1600+ for an electric plank on 4 wheels seems like a lot of money for something I wasn't even sure if I would enjoy.
Absolutely love it now, use it every day to commute from and to work. Most guys look at me amazed and most women look at me like I'm an autistic manchild, but I'm having fun.

Is right, I used to browse a local esk8 forum and the esk8 leddit, but the community is actually horrible. All those meetup pics make me cringe so I just ignore fellow eskaters nowadays.

I have a boosted board and use it to commute to a college campus. Clocked 900 something km on it.

Going back to a regular longboard afterwards feels super uncanny, because you keep thinking that you should go faster than you are going.

That works for regular skateboards. For downhill longboarding or electric skateboards, falls can really fuck you up. Learning to fall is necessary but not sufficient. A helmet is pretty much mandatory imho. Pads/gloves are a bit optional, I own them but don't always wear them.

Glasses are really nice to have during the summer though. I fucking hate getting splattered bugs in my eye.

> Become more fun
You're missing the entire point of longboarding if you think they become more more fun with an attached battery.

>you're having fun wrong

What is the entire point of longboarding? Do tell us o wise one, ruiner of fun.

Longboarding on a flat surface is incredibly stale and boring imo, which is why attaching a battery makes it more fun. It's like downhill longboarding but on a flat road.

as someone who never cared for any kind of skateboarding before electric ones came along, what point am I missing?

Why would I want to use a regular board where I have to push it with my foot like I'm in the freaking Flintstones? They don't go fast on flat surfaces, make noise and you'll still arrive a sweaty mess in your destination, so if you have to have a vehicle without any kind of motor, a bike is superior in every way, and you won't look like a child when you ride it.

God forbid you learn a trick?

by far the worst one type of electric people mover things. I always laugh when i see someone riding one

I'd rather ride a scooter than be caught on a penny board

I see faggots riding around on these days every fall semester when the new batch of freshman come in and they mysteriously disappear in the spring when they all wash out from being too stoned and riding their little lightning boards around all day lol

Attached: 1456361725383.png (313x306, 153K)

uscooters are fun

but desu once you get used to penny boards they're amazing, crazy smooth and handling tighter than a nun

Only fucking hipsters ride them. It's incredibly easy to get your wig split riding boards. All of these 'last mile' valley startups are unusable and dangerous.

I have a wowgo2s. Its fuckin amazing

I think you mean