Kotlin

Kotlin is the best programming language I have ever tried.

learnxinyminutes.com/docs/kotlin/

kotlinlang.org/docs/reference/java-interop.html

youtube.com/watch?v=H_oGi8uuDpA

Fun facts about Kotlin and JetBrains:

Did you know it was created by JetBrains, a Russian company, and Kotlin's lead designer Andrey Breslav is a Russian Jew?

Also the current CEO of JetBrains is Max Shafirov (russification of Shapiro). Coincidences, amiright?

Attached: Kotlin.png (800x320, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jetbrains.com/education/?fromMenu#lang=kotlin&role=learner
ruby.github.io/TryRuby/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kotlin_(programming_language)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like c# more

Thoughts on Kotlin as a first programming language (to learn)?

C# is too dependent on the IDE and the Microsoft stack in large real life projects.

>inb4 .net core and .net standard

I said large real life projects.

Go for it. Also learn Ruby so you learn how much type safety actually does for you.

Cheers. Can you link me to any helpful resources not found with a cursory Google search?

jetbrains.com/education/?fromMenu#lang=kotlin&role=learner

ruby.github.io/TryRuby/

DrRacket

You mean Racket, or the Student Languages in HtDP.

yes

just learn java everything else is a meme

I hope it shits all over Java for eternity.

this. it might be a pajeet language but if you decide to be a programmer chances are you have already lost any sense of self respect.

uuppbbuummpp

Russian? they're from Prague, Czech Republic

извини нo yбит ceбя пидapac

>Its primary development is from a team ofJetBrains programmers based inSaint Petersburk, Russia.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kotlin_(programming_language)

Kotlin is the most retarded name they could come up with and they ran with it. If they can't pick a decent name, what makes you think the language itself is any better

Attached: you have to go back.png (770x789, 375K)

Scala is the better java replacement.

Any good lightweight IDE/editor for this? IntelliJ is bloated as fuck, Kate has syntax highlighting but no autocomplete, and I refuse to use VSCode/Atom.

Attached: 1505722546377.jpg (707x682, 74K)

Unironically Vim. You can use plugins like YouCompleteMe and Ale if you want ide-like functionality, they both support Kotlin

Nice, that's the kind of thing I was looking for. Thank you user.

>JetBrains, a Russian company
What!?

You are welcome, have a nice day/evening

nano>vim

What other programming languages have you tried? I'm learning Java currently and about to touch on Kotlin before jumping into Android development. My background is in React Native so I figure that I might as well know more about the platform I'm developing for.

vscode with the neovim emulator is really good though

nano is basic

Not OP, but my experience going from Java to Kotlin in Android was great. My only complain is the lack of static members in interfaces, but that was by design because pajeet can't into oop

still better