What does Jow Forums think about Airtop?

What does Jow Forums think about Airtop?

It's a fanless workstation that uses a custom case/mobo, there are some reviews out there and apparently it works well. I'm pretty autistic about noise so I'm considering it when I upgrade, though I wonder if using a HDD will create audible noise anyway.

fit-iot.com/web/products/airtop2/airtop2-press-release

Attached: Airtop2-front-20-50.jpg (1000x1000, 234K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=CFE02E73-4BAD-4B5C-9812-5B7DFA41DA13&lang=eng
tp69.blog/2018/04/17/completely-silent-computer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>though I wonder if using a HDD will create audible noise anyway.

Um, its 2018, not 2008... get an SSD. If you need more storage, put a nas on your network and keep it in another room. Viola! Silence, and 4x better data access speed.

Of course I'd use an SSD for OS and most software, but I also want quick access to all my anime, eromanga, internet folder... and I'd rather have it available locally.

Then accept the noise or pony up for a 2TB SSD.

Begin an autist about noise comes at a cost.

Not even trying to hide the shilling

>starts at $1335
>for a quad core xeon that can't be overclocked
>and iGPU

If you want more, this increases to $2000+ for GTX 1060

kek

No thanks.

>a large thinclient

Absolutely ridiculous.How can anyone even begin to justify this? Macfags need not apply.

>literally half the price while looking 100x better with actual customer support

Attached: lenovo-thinkCentre-M910x-tiny-hero.png (725x632, 72K)

Low volume manufacturing of custom components, plus it's not like there's an alternative in this niche.

The point of this is that it has no fans...

>internet folder
What, the whole Internet?

Attached: babby computer WTF.png (550x550, 288K)

1Gbps network mounts might as well be local for anything less than massive CAD files, medical imaging, or virtual machine images.

>he doesn't have an internet folder

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-07-08 19-59-10.png (413x438, 35K)

>starting from $1335
what the fuck? my passive ITX router cost me maybe £150 to build... I could have a passive Ryzen 2400G rig this size for like £400.

>Yokneam, Israel 14-Feb-2018
nevermind, moving on.

>$2700+ for a decent configuration
>Xeon + 16gb RAM + 1TB NVMe + 1060
It would be pretty cool but that is a pretty big autism tax

If you are that autistic then here sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=CFE02E73-4BAD-4B5C-9812-5B7DFA41DA13&lang=eng

Can it be librebooted?

DELID THIS

>it's not like there's an alternative in this niche
are you honestly saying it's impossible to build a decent, passive ITX rig for at least half the price of this thing?

It might be possible to build a passively cooled high-end workstation yourself but it'd probably require a lot of time and effort, and won't probably be as effective (plus it's going to be expensive too).

For example, look at this: tp69.blog/2018/04/17/completely-silent-computer

What kind of poorfag doesn't download the internet and have a backup of it? SSD prices are going down

why are you basing your opinion on one retarded build? mini-ITX that takes up more space than a mATX mini tower? buying a low end GPU then taking off the GPU fan and attaching passive radiators? in Australia, the coldest country on Earth? for 3000 dollarydoos?

I can build a Ryzen 2400G workstation and put it into this tiny case for £500. hell, for another £200 I could squeeze a GPU in there, but at that point I would consider a slightly bigger case... and I would probably leave the fan alone.

Unlike most of Jow Forums, I don't try to squeeze a high end workstation into a tobacco tin with no fans (or buy a case the size of a tanker); I go with the smallest reasonable housing for the components. If your PC needs a dedicated GPU then it probably shouldn't be passively cooled. And if you're determined to make an autistic point about it, then I suppose enjoy paying out the ass for a build that's oversized and doesn't perform as well as it should due to undervolting/throttling.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 188K)

Pretty neat, though all the junk on the front makes it look cheap. Remove the branding, LCD/LEDs, and in general declutter the front and it looks a lot more premium.

Attached: airtop-clean.jpg (1000x1000, 116K)