Bell Labs 2.0

Bell Labs was funded by the gov't phone monopoly & greatly benefited humanity. Will we ever see something like it again?

Attached: 220px-Lucent_HQ.gif (220x176, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erna_Schneider_Hoover
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivien_Thomas
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

Right now we have plenty of government funded monopolies. The problem is all the money now just goes to the (((shareholders.)))

Insufficient white men with engineering degrees. Too many women and minorities to dedicate that much funding without setting aside more than half to make-work feel-good projects that tank the whole operation.

>implying he's wrong

Op here, hate to destroy your fantasy, but I grew up a mile from Murray Hill in Summit, my mother graduated with Dennis Ritchie & had a lot of first hand experience with BL employees. It was not the incel fantasy you believe it to be.

I just like the fact that he didn't argue with the fact that the Jews are just stealing all the profits.

/lgbt/ + Jow Forums = OTP

please provide examples of revolutionary work designed/implemeneted by those oppressed minorities and queer folk at Bell Labs back then

>my mother had a lot of "first hand" experience with BL employees
Giving handjobs for $5 isn't really getting insider knowledge user, your mother's a whore

Gays have made many contributions to science and technology, you're a stupid bigot if you thing otherwise. And blacks are very good at dancing and playing sports.

Asshole.

Ok, and I asked you to provide specific examples of queer folk designing implementing revolutionary tech at Bell Labs, you have provided nothing except ad hominem

the "hidden figures" created UNIX, white men just took all the credit

this is probably what they're teaching a UC Berkeley now

DAS RIIIIITE

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erna_Schneider_Hoover
Not a bell labs guy, but Alan Turing was castrated & commited suicide because he was gay.
Google it yourself, intelligence & innovation are random; nig-nogs, faggots & dare I say women can have them too.

Just because you blame women because your cv/people skills/actual skills kind of suck & you can't get a job doesn't make it the rest of the planets fault. Git gud losers

pretty messed up considering Freddie mercury was able to fag out just a couple decades later

>intelligence & innovation are random

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not that stupid and just mistyped wihout thinking. If you are that stupid, read teh Bell Curve.

>a whole lot of nothing: the post
Turing did shit in the '40s before Bell Labs, your example is shit
You still haven't pointed out anything specific made by queer folk since Turing, niggers and cunts doesn't have the processing power for innovation
You can come up with as many strawman insults you want, brainlet, but you know I'm right

but mercury was BRAVE, how dare you!

Yes, it will be in China.

Attached: howdareyousir.gif (147x194, 1.47M)

Edgier than a 1000 degree knife on YouTube.

I don't give a fuck about queer folk, you on the other hand are obsessed with them.
There were most likely poofs there in it's hey-day, both in the closet & out.
What does it matter? What the fuck does it have to do with anything of value?

This seems like as good a place as any to ask -- anyone here use Inferno?

not an argument
You faggots brought up queers, when it was straight white men who did the innovating and implementation, you faggot leftists always try to rewrite history

we wuz engineers n shiet

So, to your logic, the reason there could never be another bell labs is because of faggots & women.
Contrary to your delusion, they had plenty of both.
Your argument is invalid

No. Enjoy Multiculturalism (TM)

This.

How does dancing and throwing a football take us to the depths of space? Do enlighten us, Jamal.

>WE WUZ PROGRAMMERS N SHIET

Attached: 2d6.jpg (640x409, 46K)

I'm sorry my melanin enriched friend, but it's "We were, are, and do engineer shit"
Stenographer pools don't count
And yes, because of forced diversity, there won't be much in the way of innovation which would prevent a company like Bell Labs to exist

>blacks are very good at dancing

no they aren't--dance like a normal person, please

Did you know that Abe Lincoln was gay? He freed the slaves when he learned they have larger penises, and therefor should rightfully be in charge of white people. Now, we are only starting to realize President Lincoln's bold dream of a future where every white woman is bred by large black men, and every sissy white boy too, tee hee.

Moonwalk >>> walking on the moon.

>muh dick
Shit b8 LARPer

>I'm sorry my melanin enriched friend, but it's "We were, are, and do engineer shit"
I was making fun of the poofters, nigger

Does Finland own Bell Labs?

Excuse the fuck out of me, nonce

When did Jow Forums became this utter shit?

It's just one guy, relax. There's a dildo thread on here somewhere, I'm sure.

>Insufficient white men with engineering degrees.

This is because the morons don't want to see any work towards getting a proper degree, not because "muh black man is keeping the white man down"

Keep it up, shitstain.

When was it not? Go back to plebbit, princess
Right, it has nothing to do with forced diversity programs in Universities preventing qualified whites from getting into STEM fields/professions
Nothing at all

Normies.... Frog-posting, incel normies....
First /b/ was over-run, then Jow Forums... now these droolies are everywhere... drooling on shit

Nice projection faggot, this site was ruined because of the Reddit invasion of 2016 which brought butthurt left fags like you over in droves
Fuck off nigger

>raidfaggots triggered to hell and back

>implying raid
Oh my God you are a faggot of the highest order, you seriously need to go back and stop shitting this place up with your banality

Þou art forgiven

>thread with huge political undertones
>people say their opinion
>suddenly Jow Forums boogieman
Report OP if you think his thread does not belong on Jow Forums instead of anons who reply to a on topic thread.

Attached: yous.webm (1280x550, 1015K)

But it doesn't, the worst material is getting replaced by the diversity programs, not the best

Explain your position

Not xim/xir, but the smart (((white))) students aren't loosing their positions, only poor mediocre white goys who are being replaced by slightly less qualified, albeit better off financially black students.

If you see political undertones, that's on you.
The real reason another Bell Labs can not be is that few are actually passionate about tech/progress when compared to their butt-hurt by imaginary, perceived attacks upon their own group. Be it incels, homos, niggers, honkies, liberals, conservatives... all of them.
They can't get over themselves for long enough to produce anything of value.
The answer is quite clear tyvm

...and that's a good thing how exactly?

>implying niggers and homosexuals created anything of practical value ever
Wew

Which is due to the political atmosphere currently happening, so yes, it does have political undertones
STEM is definitely not being pushed as hard as it was during the Cold War, instead of focusing on new theories and innovations, STEM programs at universities are pushing "inclusivity" which has no place in science or mathematics, see Common Core

Bell labs hired a lot of immigrants...generally European or Asian (that means south AND east)

Because, it removes the competition for the leadership positions. If there is a comfortable gap between say, a Jewish student in the 98th percentile, and a non Jewish white, or Asian student in the 96th percentile by giving a black student in the 80th percentile their place in an Ivy League school, it guarantees that those at the very top will never have to directly compete with those just below them. Jews are 25% of Ivy league undergraduates, and white students are 45%. That means over half of all the white kids at Harvard/Yale/etc are Jewish. Now, we're told that there are too many white kids at these schools, guess which ones get cut?

The Asian admission scandal is blatantly racist, but it's necessary for these schools if they want to keep admitting such high number of Jews. Ezra Klein went to UCLA and UC Davis with a

Fuck off you LARPing faggot, your bait is old and moldy

>domnstrable admissions facts
>bait
Hello Chaim.

I asked how it was a good thing and you explained that it gets rid of actual tangible competition for the Jews in regards to leadership roles, how am I the kike again? What are you up to rabbi?

To be fair, I fucked up Ezra Klein's back story. He had a 2.2 GPA and went to UC Santa Cruze.

He still skated on his unacknowledged "privilege" while mocking poor white and Asian people trying to make it on their merits.

You're schizophrenic aren't you?

what do you think google is?

Not a monopoly, doesn't work for the government, isn't benefiting humanity in any way.

Google is like, the opposite of Bell Labs. Is that what you meant?

we are seeing it in China

supercomputers, near-space drones, drone jamming gun, quantum communication satellites

in particular the quantum satellites should have been a Sputnik moment for us: shock and consternation like when the soviets pulled it off in 1957, but it's overshadowed by White House scandals, and latest social media viral video.

now we're engaged in a trade war with the world. not sure if we have our priorities straight. last time two countries (germany and japan) went to war with the world it didn't end well for them.

Attached: 416VA4zoDGL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (334x499, 26K)

americans who think their education system created the wonders of the 1960/70/80s are complete idiots.

American education is about elitism look at all the top people at NASA so many where imported dudes. even after the Nazis.

same situation today best science is done in northern Europe and Australia and China (semi secret)

only reason America has a reputation back in the day is they literally took people from other countries while science was still black and forced it to be a American discovery and the goverments just said yes because cold war and shit.

Explain men like this guy then you retarded cunt
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivien_Thomas

uh oh a forbidden opinion

wtf is the posts getting deleted? what are you guys talking about I don't get it whats so special about this Bell Labs and how does it relate to Race Sexuality and Incels?

>You still haven't pointed out anything specific made by queer folk since Turing, niggers and cunts doesn't have the processing power for innovation

Margaret Hamilton wrote the software for the guidance platform on Apollo.

Attached: AEADC2AC-B336-4013-A8ED-F89D7D3DD0DC.jpg (1041x1261, 255K)

>Reddit invasion of 2016
yeah, the ones who went to Jow Forums and also created r/the_donald

actually the site has gotten far more right wing, with politics bleeding over everywhere now. You used to not see stuff like this everywhere. Maybe people were just as right wing or whatever but it wasn't a major topic of discussion on every fucking board. Everywhere I go there's some shit about women, liberals, jews, its ridiculous. It used to just be troll humor. Whether or not anyone believed it was irrelevant because everything here is fake and lets just piss people off.

But no, now we have this shit everywhere. Fun fun.

every skilled female computer scientist I've met is built like that. QT as fuck.
>no I haven't met very many of them

Found the pol cuck

reminder

Attached: JTRIG_deception_p48.png (1280x960, 230K)

Didn't work at Bell Labs, which is what we're talking about faggot

>moving goalposts

The thread is about Bell Labs, that's what we've been discussing the entire time you waste of space

The good thing is...

After the economic war and the following breakdown of some main industrial players the USA have to open there doors again.
I mean the doors at for example DARPA.
There are many good things that could bring up a new economic run on products from the US.
But here we have the problem (in my personal opinion).
I dont want to buy the next TV shit tech 8 K or something I want a new technologie.
You cant sell the same product with a new flavour and want the leadership in the econopmic system.
You must bring new stuff ...
Hopefully this will only stay an economic war..
Best regards from Europe

They’re rare but they exist. Every neon colered sjw afirmative action hire gives them a bad name.

yup. The one I met was so fucking jaded about fucking everything. I don't really blame her. Being in cybersecurity at all makes you pretty fucking jaded because you spend your life fighting with neckbeards who think they're computer gods yet they don't know a fucking thing about security. Thinking that they can write their own crypto algorithms and shit.

Plus, being a girl in that field... man they just assume she's a larper. It's hilarious. I'd be pissed too if I constantly had to prove myself.

Bell Labs was a place where scientists of all disciplines were given the tools, labs, teams, research & budget to work on whatever their specialty was.
It spawned the transistor, computers, the C language, Unix to name a few things.

The only thing it has to do with women & homos is the minority (albeit vocal) of reactionary NEET/neckbeard/incels on this board who have a psychotic compulsion to blame every social ill on women, faggots, jews, niggers etc...

Attached: mental-retardation-80808.jpg (229x220, 7K)

Except that they are the root of society's I'll currently, you can't say they aren't because you're wrong, none of this degenerate "inclusivity" bullshit was necessary when Bell Labs was at it's peak, they wanted the best of the best, not picking people because they had to fill a diversity quota

>66657228

Attached: 66657228.png (1295x129, 13K)

That's your problem, not society's.
Do you have a mother? Is she to blame? Is she a witch too? Can I kill her & rape her because she's just another dumb cunt dead set on destroying society?
I frankly wouldn't mind, but I think I am 13 years too late - better off if I got there before your hick dad dicked her down & she shat you out.

Maybe it's time you realise your spewing the same poison that the 3rd wave femimazis are just modifying the details. When you do, you'll realise Bernays played your dumb ass like a fiddle.

Bell Labs was set up to reverse engineer alien tech
So in order to have another Bell Labs
we would need another Roswell
see MJ-12
see Vannevar Bush
see episode 9 of Serial Experiments Lain
then lurk more

Look at you, you're so caught up in ideology that common sense is a foreign concept to you
All you did in your post was hurt insults without actually having an argument at all, the typical mark of a butthurt leftist that has no ammo, you're pathetic and those who share your ideology/mindset are pathetically whelps of society who have nothing to contribute, but just bitch that the world isn't like your ideal image

Lefty loosey, righty tighty.
I am neither, but you drink from the "us vs them" fountain - which is a tool that is being used to divide people since ww1.
Instead of pointing fingers take some time & study Bernays.
The divisiveness is also preventing something like bell labs existing today because someone will get butthurt about some nonsense that most people have gladly accepted to be triggered by.

Except for the fact that they are trying to destroy any progress yet label themselves "progressive"
Don't you see this is a sickness? The only way society can actually progress is through meritocracy and the exchange of scientific/mathematical concepts/theories/theses, trying to fix society to be a We Are The World scenario first is assbackwards and does nothing but antagonize those who actually worked and don't believe people should be given something based entirely on their genes

>Except that they are the root of society's I'll currently

I assume you mean 'ills'

Without being sociopathic please explain to me how women are 'the root of society's ills' .

Protip, you can't. If you hate all women based on the fact they are women then you are sociopathic & need to get serious help stat. That's not a liberal or a conservative thing btw, it's a cognitive/behavioral sociopathic disease.

>Except for the fact that they are trying to destroy any progress

How so? Name a cited credible example

Yes.

Explain how focusing on diversity and inclusion civity relates to technological progress
Implying I'm an incel, space my problem is not with women my problems with feminism feminism and its own right is a virus it does nothing but promote discord among the sexes

Probably not. The breaking of the monopoly was pretty much the and. Also the money or willpower to spend that much money isn't there. Furthermore, tech is a lot differen't now and you'd be hard pressed to compete with FANGs or other tech companies in research output.

There's some interesting stuff still going on, but right now Bell Labs is cutting most American engineering positions (as opposed to pure research) and outsourcing.

pic related: Dennis Ritchie's old office, right next to the UNIX lab

Attached: dennis.jpg (418x556, 24K)

>Explain how focusing on diversity and inclusion civity relates to technological progress

I'm not focused on diversity & inclusion - but I will argue that focusing on only hiring a certain type of people with a particular world view will overlook certain people & their contributions. Which ultimately hampers progress.

That's what my point was all along doofus

Wow the incel brigade sure turned this thread to shit

truth hurts, don't it?

The truth is that instead of talking about bell labs we got identity politics instead, and yes that hurts a little

Well, it's the current state of the world holding itself back again, except this time it isn't Christianity doing it

christianity is solely responsible for the technological civilization we have.

No, Catholicism is the reason for the technology we have, Protestantism has done nothing but hold us back