Zuckerberg is watching me help!

>go on Tinder dates
>check Facebook after
>have no mutual friends
>live on opposite sides of the city
>see girl in 'People you may know' on Facebook
This is creepy anons. I don't want to delete my Facebook account because I find it useful. My theory is Facebook messenger app accessed my contacts to suggest them. I made all permissions were off for Facebook. Has anyone experience something similar? What to do?

Attached: facebook-avatar.jpg (1600x1008, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Device_fingerprint
amiunique.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just wait til you find out that everything you say in front of your smartphone is recorded so that ads can be suggested to you

Facebook gives you reccomended people you may know from friends of people's profiles you look at.

>Using Facebook
>complaining about his violated privacy

Nice point user

I was just posting random quotes from The Leftovers as I'm re-watching it today and the one post I made that mysteriously disappeared contained the word 'baptism'. I'm not even fucking Christian and this shit pissed me off to no end, I reported it as a privacy violation.

this

op you idiot, did you not know that facebook actively monitors conversations for keywords, just to give you more direct adverts?

> I'm not even fucking Christian

well you just got good reason to convert

the forces which control the world seek to do us harm, and withhold anything that would be good for us. why do you think that word would be censored then?

>actively monitors conversations for keywords
I didn't even know her last name until facebook suggested her as a friend

I mean, I at least want to know how they did it

doesn't turning of mic permissions prevent this?

tinder was started by, and is run by, two jews. they know exactly what they are doing. stop using it.

no. it's a "bug" that when you turn it off, it never turns off

"we had no idea" -- google

by the way, it's done through fingerprinting and information sharing. permissions aren't going to do anything

discord does the same. i joined a server and scores of people from the server (people on the other side of the world but whose faces and names i know solely from discord chat) began appearing in my facebook friend suggestions. discord is known to use a device fingerprint, the device in my case being a desktop machine.

> fingerprinting and information sharing
Can you explain more/point me in the direction to read more?

>using facebook
>using smartphones
>using tinder
Jow Forums has truly died.
Enjoy your repeating digits, I guess.
>using discord

if facebook and some party want to share information (e.g. chat logs, friends, images, whatever) all they need to do is use the same fingerprinting method and ask each other for information regarding that fingerprint. though you haven't linked the profiles, you're known to the two companies by the same unique ID.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Device_fingerprint

just your browser is enough to get a fingerprint:
amiunique.org/

>choose to use a botnet
>"oh no, the botnet is behaving like a botnet, how could this ever happen?"

I'm a theist sympathetic to Christianity, but it's not my path.

No, because I've never used Facebook or tinder. Feels good to be botnet free. And yes, I only use a librebooted ThinkPad.

Attached: botnet.png (800x600, 144K)

>don't trust facebook
>only use it in a different browser
>look up nude magazines on ebay in my main browser one day
>I was obsessed with a model, pls don't judge me
>open facebook in the second browser the next day
>shows me the ebay articles I looked at the day before in an ad
>tits on facebook
>thank god it wasn't in public

ah, this makes way more sense

Suppose I didn't want people to trace me using my device finger prints (hypothetically)
would it be enough to buy a new device?

Maybe she looked you up

you'd need a different device for each service

Technically yes, a new device would have a completely different fingerprint, but that would only work so long as you don't use any of the same accounts as those on your main device.

Otherwise, another solution is to get a VPN. Keep in mind though that many VPNs are in fact botnets, and so you need to choose carefully.

Another option is to use an addon such as chameleon which basically spoofs your profile and thus gives you a "fake" fingerprint. However, some it only works with some fingerprinting information, for example using amiunique.org some fields are still unchanged: "WebGL Renderer", "Screen resolution", "Use of AdBlock", etc. Whether these fields are sufficient to properly fingerprint you, I have no clue.

Oh, and of course you could also use TOR, but that's likely compromised as well (but it does effectively protect against fingerprinting).

Is the idea that both facebook and tinder have my finger print and they agree to share finger prints? This seems really round about considering that I signed up for Tinder with my facebook account?

You do know it's probably because you have her number thus when you save someone's number on your phone facebook probably checks it against their system and recommends it because it wants people to build a larger network.

Attached: file.png (400x400, 75K)

Also, how does this explain how facebook only recomended the ones i met in person?

This is my theory too. I realized messenger had permission to access contacts after the fact

I used to get recommended people I recognized on my commute to work. Device GPS.

pretty sure fb uses location info to match you with people. or the more obvious its reading tinder info u dolt.

yea, but i speficially turned off location services for fb. Obviously, not for tinder tho
I still think this is the most likely explanation
part of me wants to get a number, but not meet them just to see what would happen

it demonstrates that they're looking at more sources of information, e.g. GPS proximity

>yea, but i speficially turned off location services for fb. Obviously, not for tinder tho
I still think this is the most likely explanation

Sorry, even if you turn it off for Facebook, tinder could be selling your location service to Facebook or another one of your apps could be.

>Tinder
>Facebook
>Messenger
>accessed my contacts
Why are you surprised OP? Leave us alone dumbass.

Attached: T_R_Gould_West_Wind.jpg (683x1024, 75K)

>Zuckerberg is watching me
Because you let him.

Attached: Screenshot_20180708-210147.png (1080x1620, 89K)

>installing the discord client
drink bleach