Am I wrong for thinking a job like in Office Space looks comfy?

Am I wrong for thinking a job like in Office Space looks comfy?

Attached: OfficeSpace.jpg (1600x1213, 185K)

No you're not wrong. I think suburban life has comfort as the goal. I was comfortable be an office drone at Wells Fargo. But then the boredom of doing the same thing everyday sets in. You master the relatively simple and mundane task set before you in no more than 6 months and there's nothing new. It becomes a comfy grind. I left for a much better job but my very good friend is still at the office and what he liked before he hates now. They give you just enough money and benefits to not leave, but you never really desire to stay either. It just becomes what you do because nothing better has come up.

I made it my life goal to work in a place like that. I ended up working as a draftsman/designer at a prefabricated housing manufacturer. It was okay at first and I immediately used my salary to pay prostitutes to have sex with me. Eventually though, the loneliness set in as I have np friends or girlfriend and am extremely physically ugly. Now I can't stand going there and doing the same shit day in and day out when I know I have no future. My plan now is to quit, become NEET and kill myself. I am serious.

No. With the current trend of just about every startup and even bigger companies going for more "open" offices you start to realize how much better life was like when you had your own cubicle with walls that gave you privacy.

Nothing worse than knowing the guy behind you is probably looking over at what you're doing constantly.

Just be yourself

You think it's the boring job, no girlfriend, etc that wants to make you kill yourself but let me tell you. Once you become a NEET you'll really want to kill yourself. Being a NEET is awful and you lose all purpose of even waking up.

Why waiting to become a NEET? Become an hero now.

Yes...
>t. former cubicle drone

You're not wrong. Compared to what we have now, that would be heaven.
Office Space was supposed to be a satire to show us how bad things can be. Its creators didn't quite grasp that things could be so much worse. And now, they are.

Trust me, cubicles are shit. Even autists get fucking looney after a year.

> get job that requires no effort to do
> complain about it

This is why you have to be always actively looking for new opportunities, getting certifications, networking etc. The best way to get a raise is to find a new job, and it also keeps your skill set up to date and seeing how other businesses operate. Nothing worse than rotting in a dead end position for 5+ years and becoming obsolete. A life lesson in general is DONT GET COMFORTABLE or you'll risk becoming complacent. The moment you get a raise that only matches inflation (or less), it's time to leave.

that's because it is comfy, user.

but is that really what you want? There is a greater purpose in life than to find someplace comfortable and stay there, no?

Attached: tumblr_ndgmhtmtaT1tzixowo1_500.gif (432x240, 864K)

Cube farms ain't exactly heaven but they sure beat the shit out of open-plan offices.

same thing... being a neet can get pretty dull, but it sure beats working. Incidentally this is why UBI will never happen. If they ever passed a true basic income plan - unconditional, guaranteed for life and not time-limited like the trials they've run, enough to live on, you'd see at least 2/3rds of the workforce disappear overnight.

a million times better than open layout

That's better that open space offices. BUT if you have a spare room make it an office and work from there, just remember to actually make it your office space (tell your wife/friends/family your working hours)

shove your ````greater purpose'''' up your ass, faggot.

planting yourself firmly in the ground is a very dignified way to live.

>````greater purpose''''
Why do I see this style of quotation so often?

>````""""
huh

For some people, staying in one place that's reasonably secure and doing the same thing every day is sufficient. For others, it isn't. I can understand why someone would like the former, which is why I worded my original post as a question.

What exactly makes it more dignified than anything else, by the way?

If you really care about dignity or status, then maybe it's a decent way to live. However, considering this is Jow Forums and we already all have that ill-placed stigma of being "those people who use the alt-right pedo site," I'm willing to bet there's plenty of people here who don't give a passing shit about dignity.

Attached: c289b1b.png (868x1316, 454K)

fuck, I want my 6ft cubicles back. Used to have 8'x8' with 6' walls and was comfy, roomy, and private.

then my small/medium sized company decided to finance $1 million to "upgrade" to 6'x6' boxes with 4ft walls. Now you can see across the damn building and guy behind me feels comfortable just talking to me and looking at my screen.

it is
t. in one

makes me feel better about my 9x9x5. Our desks are low-sitting though so the shorter walls aren't a big deal.

Attached: 1505102792888(1).jpg (1000x1000, 128K)

well, with this "upgrade" they also included motorized standing desks, but they don't go real low when down.

management is too disconnected with our work flow to understand we need desk space for development.

Feelsbadman, My desk wraps all the way around 3 walls of my cube. I have space for my computer, a testbench with oscilloscope, power supplies, soldering station, a spot for my personal laptop in the corner just in case I need it, some space for notebooks (I write stuff out when organizing my thoughts), and I still have more room than I know what to do with.

Attached: 1527752787561.jpg (786x1024, 237K)

that's exactly how my old one was. I had a development station, scopes, tools and spare components. even had overhead storage. i could do a ton of shit in the comfort of my desk without going to the loud and dirty lab.

Worked an office job where I got paid to get yelled at by old vets with PTSD and schedule their appointments for them so they could get their version of NEETbux. Had weekly reviews where they'd randomly pull three of your calls, and you'd sit there and listen to the whole thing and you would just get berated by your boss if you fucked up even the slightest. Quit about six months in, the money was good but not worth it at all.

I had a job like that. For the last 5 years I was there I did nothing but browse all day through a small lynx window. Then after vacation one year I walked in, gave my two weeks notice. In the "exit" meeting I offered to stay if they doubled my pay, knowing they would refuse. I left two weeks later.

I'm only at office a couple hours a day. Most time I spent on driving since my line of work is to inspect buildings for vector carrying disease and some surveying work

Eh it's not that bad. The boss is cool as long as you do your work and don't really mind you clock in a bit late or clock out a bit early.

>you'd see at least 2/3rds of the workforce disappear overnight.
thats because 2/3 of the wrokforce is useless in essence when you can have full automation.
ubi will be a thing but probably after a revolution.
you see, there are limits set by society of what a man can do and not do. in the 1950s before civil rights, a black man could not just walk into a school and receive the same and fair education a white man did. back in the day, you could have went to med school right after highschool before they set some serious standards when medicine is supposed to be a practice.
so ubi will be a thing, when the military has set up its foundations all over the world to push fiat currency and the scam is complete. but you also have to take into consideration what society dictates a comfortable living. for people who arent used to first world, clean water, decent food, shelter and clothers is considered a standard of living. this can be easily achieved for everyone in the first world.
but the first world consideres a standard of living is internet, housing with air conditioning, clothes, food, clean water, good sex, drugs or medicare, and free energy. someof these things can be easily achieved and some not: solar energy is getting there for basic needs and entertainment, but with no capitalism theres not incentive for prostitution so ugly anons here cannot get laid ever.
capitalism and cronyism is what drives racial divide and propaganda. with ubi, you would need to have new inventions to move up the ladder is there ever is one.
frankly i would rather have UBI than strictly capitalism. ubi would allow more people to be on the same page and have enough time to wonder and invent.

That's how mine is now! My overhead shelves don't have much in them at the moment, I'm low on the food chain (co-op intern) so I don't have a whole lot of stuff to put in them. It's so much more convenient than walking over to the lab every time I need to do anything with hardware.

Attached: 1527753181389.jpg (654x690, 52K)

>is sufficient
Stop twisting words, this is about staying in one place being dignified, not ````sufficient'''' in one way or another

>What exactly makes it more dignified than anything else, by the way?
People who move around all the time can't settle down and raise a healthy family

>we already all have that ill-placed stigma
Speak for yourself, maybe you should have kept your mouth shut around co-workers.

>plenty of people here who don't give a passing shit about dignity
A large chunk of them will spiral into depression and end up suiciding

no man don't let other people tell you whether or not you should find enjoyment in your situation

totally unrelated but im going to go eat a shit sandwich because that's what i like

Kek at least you have your personal space. Ours are basically like cafeteria table; First come first serve
>100+ staffs (excluding senior staff or pregnant women who had their own space)
>80 desks
>20 odd people had to work on lounge table, meeting room or even without table whatsoever

I finally said fuck you and went to either the diner or library