Panic barrel in action

Panic barrel in action

You're Thai...

Would your rather be dragged throughout the murky water with a mask on.

or

Be put in a metal tube hitting loads of rocks and feeling really disorientated?

cnet.com/news/watch-elon-musks-thai-cave-rescue-submarine-in-action/

Attached: Screenshot_20180709-011755.png (943x670, 991K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2018/07/08/world/asia/thailand-cave-rescue-live-updates.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do you want to:

A) Die
B) Suffer for a little bit and survive

????

Neither really.

Guess B) is more appealing though.

They could have atleast put a few LEDs in there and had a bit of smooth jazz playing or some elevator music.

>You're Thai
is there an express suicide option

the "submarine" should have been flexible, made of plastic, sort of as a bubble

Stop talking about it.
ThIs Is WhAt He WaNtS!
YOU FOOLS ARE PLAYING RIGHT INTO HIS HANDS!

Musk's original plan involved inflation but he dropped it

It's either this or the world cup. What else is happening this week?

I don't see any new iPhones... Do you?

I guess you could call it... Pad Thai!

ba dum tss
Edit: thx for the karma guys

>Elon suggests some ridiculous shit to get the kids out of the cave so he can be seen as a hero or some shit
>They end up ignoring his suggestions and get them out in an arguably more difficult way, but they're still getting them out fine regardless

Elon: wow I hate thai people now

Or maybe he just wants to help the fuckin kids? If I had billions in disposable income and some of the most talented engineers in the world working for me why wouldn't I? Plenty of rich fuckers are spending billions on charitable causes and just because Elon Musk has a huge public image nowadays he can't do the same?

And the only reason they were able to get the kids out without some engineering trickery is that it miraculously hasn't rained much despite being monsoon season, meaning they could simply pump enough of the water out.

Found the muskrat

thats actually a great idea

hi elon

Fuck you, if it hasn't rained much explain why shits flooded

hasn't rained much since the initial flood, dip

Explain this situation to me. Why the fuck can't divers give kids a scuba tank and then pull inside water with them using ropes and shit?

Do you even google bro?

That's what they ended up doing, user. Elon's super convoluted way of doing it is beyond retarded.

Attached: Screenshot_2.png (639x381, 285K)

Why people still listens to Elon? He's a fucking scam, He loves to bait people into ridiculous ideas and memes. He is not an inventor, a scientist or even an engineer, he's just extremely good at PR.

Caves are the worst.

Attached: 1531022217583.jpgC.jpg (2288x1712, 409K)

Whatever man. I think I'm going to keep supporting the crazy fucker who launched an electric car from his own car company with a rocket from his own rocket company into space.

came here to say this

canned thai-na

They already recued 4 kids you fucking imbecile.

Do everyone a favor and shove elon's kid size submarine down your asshole you stupid fanboy. Afte all that's the only use it will ever see.

How do you die in a cave with scuba or diving equipment on

No they didn't

Getting lost and running out of air is one way.

leading young, weak, untrained divers through a dark dive is also beyond retarded

>ahh, he's tangled on something
>he's kicking up too much silt, we can't see him
>fuck he yanked his mask off
>go back and start again, we're down to 7

Eat shit faggot

nytimes.com/2018/07/08/world/asia/thailand-cave-rescue-live-updates.html

Found the muskrat

getting lost
getting pinned
getting tangled
accidentally damaging your gear
injuring yourself
etc

all lead to the same conclusion - running out of O2 and dying

>nyt fake news
>reddit spacing
You have to go back, onionboy

fuck off back to Jow Forums

Jow Forums is the only thing keeping this site alive. Your reddit faggotry is showing.

And he started working on this before they started the rescue, and it's taking a skeleton crew to design and test, and it could ultimately lead to a functional design that rescues people in the near future.

Plus, they ran out of tanks after only 1/3 of the kids got out and now they need to wait another day or more.

How about you stop being such an anti-Elon fanboy and let the man use his money for benevolent causes however he pleases?

Begone Tesla shill.

Is this better you stupid fuck?
www.foxnews.com/world/2018/07/08/first-boys-soccer-team-rescued-from-flooded-thailand-cave-hours-after-operation-begins-local-official-says.html

They might be untrained, but they did spend time with the kids explaining to them to the best of their ability as to how to properly swim and use diving equipment.

You really think they'd just push the kids into the water with diving equipment and say "lol ur own ur own faggot"?

shills get paid. I don't even /like/ the man, I'm just not rabidly against him for no reason.

I never suggested that. But if you think all of those terrified, overtired, strung out 12 year olds are going to adequately process and retain all that vital information in a panic situation, I pray you never have to be in one with anyone's child.

Fuck you asshole I literally shit myself

It's not an easy situation for anyone to be in. That's why expert divers are being tasked with getting the kids out. They know how to handle a stressful situation like that much better than a child, which is why a lot of care and consideration is being put into the mental stress these kids are under.

Also, most of the trek through the cavern is on foot IIRC. Only a small portion of it involves diving. The rest is just walking and helping the kid stay calm and collected. Much better than putting a kid in a metal dildo coffin that will have to be lugged through the on-foot sections of the cavern.

>12.2" diameter
how much onions do I have to ingest to cram my shoulders in this

children are small
news ate eleven

>when "lol bro just dive" option actually worked

Technology BTFO

Seems like a solution made by someone who doesn't know how to dive.

They likely have some of the best rescue divers working on this. They know how to deal with a ton of different situations that could arise out of the environment they're going into and can help the kids if anything happens underwater. Plus these don't seem deep, just cramped.

Worse than a shill, you're a fucking soccer mom.

No, it tries to overplay a shitty hand all the time. It works sometimes, but the rest of the time you're just retarded, and end up being bad for optics of any view you hold like Paul Nehlen.

there's a 10m steep angle deep dive at the worst point, and the total distance that requires swimming is over a km, and varies daily. it's a long, dark, mess. putting the kid in a box instead of leading him on a 3m leash behind you for that entire distance isn't a bad idea.