The GTX 1100 series will be a pascal refresh with minor improvements and GDDR6 memory

The GTX 1100 series will be a pascal refresh with minor improvements and GDDR6 memory.
Miners will eat them up
30% over MSRP for the next 2 years
We still have another 2-3 years of rebrands and overpriced hardware upon us.

Attached: gtx 1180.jpg (1012x383, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/12170/nvidia-titan-v-preview-titanomachy/3
gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/news/nvidia-overestimated-bitcoin-mining-demand-stuck-with-excess-gpu-inventory-report-1870690
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>We still have another 2-3 years of rebrands and overpriced hardware upon us.
Fuck it, I'll buy a 2400G

and im sure in that time my 1070 will cover me into the 1200 series IWILL NOT BUY AND AMD CARD NONE ARE AS STRONG AS WHAT I HAVE CALLL ME BACK WHEN AMD TOPS IT

Vega 64 already topped it.
at like 400W though

All the retarded miners that jumped in for the money are now gone so there's a chance we can grab one

I paid $250 for an obviously stolen 1070 at the height of the mining craze and my latest game is from 2013. I'm good. I can easily hold out for a 1200 series.

Miners are out of business already.

we are still here waiting.
I love mining
Making money passively
Triggering Gaymer fags
making $30 a day from doing absolutely nothing is great.

how can we crash cryptos with no survivors so gpu will be cheap again?

Good because I got a 1080ti once prices dropped slightly a month ago.

>crash cryptos with no survivors
not really possible.
even if Eth drops to $200, my mining rig is still making money after power costs.
many miners will even mine at a loss of they think future prices will be better.

what's your $/kwh?

$daddyspowerbill/kwh

oh, kek

Nice LARP.

like 8 cents a KW/H
even at 15+ cents i'd still be making money, not much though.

>Nice LARP.
>implying

Attached: mining fag.png (1192x432, 1.18M)

>The GTX 1100 series will be a pascal refresh with minor improvements and GDDR6 memory
I've heard this rumour the last 24 hours, but has it actually come from a reputable source?

based

except arent asics loud as fuck

Attached: bread.jpg (1248x832, 87K)

>The GTX 1100 series will be a pascal refresh with minor improvements
>says some middle age literally who "tech tuber" with no citable sources grasping for YouTube views

>taking 30 dollars a day

and spending 60 a day on electricity

Thank AMD, they need to wake up their GPU division like they did with their CPU division.

Get over it, 10nm parts arent ready yet, and 14nm is effecient enough. The bottom of the crypto market is better than 2:1 profit for the work of lot of cards.

PoW is the mathematically sound distribution method.

It isn't miners who are bottlenecking HBM memory production or 10nm lithography, or gddr.

Waiting for 7nm, 2500k 4.7GHz stronk. 770 stronk. The only shit i can't play is poorly optimized indie shit like PUBG.

SANDY BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS

Attached: tomato.gif (460x570, 1.01M)

I mean the writing is there
>have 300,000 left over 10 series cards from stupid business decisions
>may have just lost millions
>know people won't continue to eat up the same shit
>rebrand and refresh
>make back money and hopefully learn from mistake
Its nvidia they won't learn but they'll most likely make their money back

>asics loud as fuck
yes
the frequency is also enough to pierce walls.

>spending 60 a day on electricity
$7 a day acually.
it's $37 ish before power costs

It can't come fast enough, still stuck with my 780 until that :(((

That doesn't actually say anything what so ever. For a start, those returned "cards" were just GPU dies.
Second of all, 300,000 isn't enough to cause a ripple of a decision for the kind of production scale of an entire generation of Nvidia cards that can last anywhere from 12-30 months.
Thirdly, the incoming Turing GPUs are fabbed on a 12nm process, so the existence of a backlog of 16nm Pascal GPUs won't be the decisive factor as to whether the new generation will be a refresh of the previous or not.
Please, if you know of a source that indicates otherwise, I'm all ears.

>Tfw bought a 1080ti a year ago after Vega shit the bed during its reveal.

Attached: DC859160-5AD0-44C3-8A20-84E00127667E.jpg (4032x3024, 2.32M)

>The GTX 1100 series will be a pascal refresh with minor improvements and GDDR6 memory.

Called this as soon as I saw Turing being shoved between Pascal and Volta

As someone that doesn't mine, I'd like to see how the new 11/20 series do at mining.
I hope it doesn't happen again, but don't you all think there's still a chance that when these new cards come, it'll light a new spark in crypto mining?
Back on topic, though, I just want an 1150 Ti or something. This GTX 670 is feeling a bit old now.

Doubt it. Looks likely the incoming 1180 will have similar CU count to the current 1080ti, just with incredibly faster memory. I honestly can't see their hashing power being much greater than what's already on the market.

anandtech.com/show/12170/nvidia-titan-v-preview-titanomachy/3

>Which in this case is that the Titan V supports conservative rasterization tier 3 rather than Titan Xp’s more limited tier 2.

Stop talking about things that you don't understand, Turing is not Pascal since it will support Conservative Rasterization Tier 3 like Volta

Same. Could not be any happier with my decision.

Attached: 6e02b394.jpg (225x224, 11K)

Who cares? You don't play video games, right?

i don't think they're gonna release anything good until the new consoles come out with better specs
everyone benefits from this, both nvidia and amd
nvidia will then sell new gpus because the old ones won't be enough for the new games

or so you think

>usually keep hardware 4-5 years
>bought GTX 1070 at launch when custom cards came out
>laughing my ass off right now.

And what are you basing that on?

Miners aren't eating anything up right now - their whole 'economy' is down the tubes.

currently i'm pulling it out of my ass but it makes sense considering that ps5 will launch around 2020
it's just my personal beliefs
>nvidia makes a new series that adds 15-25% more performance
>in 2020 right before or after new consoles appear they make another series with a ~40-60% boost in performance
but that's just my theory

This is what I did

No regrets works great when oc'd you need fast memory tho

>Still owning a GTX780 refence card
Should i wait for the 1170 Ti? I'm only playing at 1080p

That makes zero sense in a time scale given all three of the big memory manufacturers have already ramped up full GDDR6 production. There's plenty of evidence the Turing cards will be Q3 to early Q4.

Maybe by that time Intel will have finished dumping all of the R&D cash into their graphics project and steamroll Nvidia & AMD into the graves where they belong.

As long as new blockchains are created, miners will come back to parallel general process hardware over ASICs. Happened before and will again.

>GDDR6 memory
many of the models won't, they will literally just be a slightly overclocked (bios changed) previous 10xx model, since they need to get rid of inventory
i already told you fuckers about this before, i ain't gonna repeat myself ad infinitum

>Get rid of inventory
Wasn't it the opposite though, shortages causes by Chinese mining firms?

EXACTLY what i did

>Maybe by that time Intel will have finished dumping all of the R&D cash into their graphics project and steamroll Nvidia & AMD into the graves where they belong.
>intel monopoly on both CPUs and GPUs
please no

Attached: 1502917861765.png (419x379, 106K)

>Miners will eat them up

no they won't.

>The GTX 1100 series will be a pascal refresh with minor improvements and GDDR6 memory.

You wanna know why? because they still have a massive surplus of the 1000-series.

gadgets.ndtv.com/laptops/news/nvidia-overestimated-bitcoin-mining-demand-stuck-with-excess-gpu-inventory-report-1870690

You cannot stop it.

Attached: uP6o4pB.jpg (800x600, 109K)

with that new memory yes we fucking will

Why do pajeets ruin everything? First microsoft now amd.

Nice fake news.

So I have this setup: Ryzen 7 1700 / 16 GB DDR4 at 3k, 1080p 75hz monitor, what GPU should I get, a 1070ti, a 1080?

Attached: 1479223002659.jpg (500x600, 53K)

1070 is adequate enough for 1080p gaymen. Its a 1440p GPU. 1080 is for 4k.

11 series will have same feature set as 9series we will have same technology in gpu for 6+ years. if SM7.0 and DX13 come out year after 11series 1080 1180 etc will all be obsolete and you will have to buy slower card that supports Sm7.0 to run games happened in 2009 top cards form 2008 from AMD didn't support sm3.0 so I downgraded card to one that did. was annoying but happens

>30% over MSRP for the next 2 years
>We still have another 2-3 years of rebrands and overpriced hardware upon us.

When the alternative is to pay a 1080ti price for a vega 56 with shitty performance who drinks electricity like a divorced middle aged construction worker who lost his wife to tyrone what else there is to do? Fuck off and just buy a 1070ti and wait until this shitshow is over those finally got close to MSRP.

not even 1080 Ti is good for 4k, if you want stable 60 fps.

no

So basically If I would to buy another monitor 1440p / 144 hz , 1080 would be ok?

Attached: 1529942023119.jpg (600x450, 26K)

Proofs: none

OP is faggot

They have to compete with all the used miner cards that will flood the market. For that reason I think they have to offer a systematic increase in performance.

yes

Aight , cool thanks

Attached: 1531088063722.jpg (909x776, 64K)

Same, just waited and was sad about how shit it ended up being, still considered purchasing one, waited a month but prices were sky high if in stock at all so went with a 1080ti instead.

1070 is still enough for current games at 4K, it just won't be as future proof

So basically 1080/ti to be sure.

Attached: 1525892216584.png (1600x1200, 94K)

> As long as new blockchains are created,
This is the shit that leads me to believe that crypto is a scheme.
>coin x has gone to shit
>”lol let’s just make a new one called coin y”
>coin y stays for awhile
>”is anybody still mining coin y?”
>”lol no everyone has gone to coin z are you stupid?”

See

Maybe on minimum settings. Otherwise, nope.

An overclocked 1060 can still run Doom at high settings at 4K perfectly fine, a 1070 will absolutely be fine for a few more years.

>laughing reacts only