I want to ____ that router/switch.

hug

Pet
Lick
Poke

*giggles* good thread OP!
This little ubiquiti one a cute. CUTE!

Attached: ub.jpg (1500x1500, 64K)

Boss thinks I'm silly for thinking the Cisco 2800 series routers are cute. The teal faceplate is adorable and I love the grey/white pattern on it.

Too bad the ones we have at work are super beaten up and are prone to failing because they would run extremely hot in the old lab they were racked in due to there being no proper cooling system in there.

Unfortunately the routers in the racks have the silver back part facing fowards, so the rack looks kind of ugly like that. Thankfully they're in a server room where no one will see them.

Fucking adorable. Look at that thing.

Attached: cisco-2811-cisco2811-sec-k9-integrated-services-router-security-bundle-10-100-1u-45971-p.jpg (1424x424, 63K)

Bumping with this classic cutie.

Attached: 41Yy+bAv3wL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 18K)

Here's my little setup (´・ω・`) Sorry for the dust.

The box on the bottom is a mini-PC running pfsense.

Attached: IMG_20180708_224128.jpg (3120x4160, 3.03M)

OMG that WAP looks like this one!
Very cute and comfy setup ^.^

on a scale of 1 to 10, how gay is everyone in this thread?

Very cute! I'm usually not a fan of pod-style design but that thing is cute as fuck. I'm assuming it's the same one as because the logos look identical. Mini-PCs are cute as fuck too, especially when they look similar in design to full-size towers.

What's the coiled cable for btw?

I have a DIR-655 that I use for testing purposes on my Opengear CM7132. My cat keeps chewing on the antennas. I have no idea why. I'm just pissed that the DIR-655 model I have doesn't support OpenWRT, proprietary processor makes running it impossible. Supposedly the 615 supports it which is why I want to pick one up.

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (886x607, 965K)

I wish they'd remake this with AC and 5 GHz. This is a thing beauty.

saame!!
>proprietary processor
what did he mean by this?
>My cat keeps chewing on the antennas
hes a baka

Attached: 0c0c6fce3f3decf2a00f7b82eefaa737.jpg (440x600, 49K)

reboot

remember that it was just another piece of shit like every other consumer router until a GPL lawsuit forced them to release source code for it, thereby giving birth to DD-WRT, Tomato, OpenWRT, etc.

that brand does not even exist anymore but it works so i wont replace it

Attached: CAM00704.jpg (1280x960, 280K)

I'm pretty sure I saw one rummaging around in my grandpa's old networking stuff. Should probably bring it home next time I visit.

I have the A4 revision of the DIR-655. It uses Ubicom32. I misspoke there, it's not a proprietary CPU. Just an architecture that's really hard to make new firmware for. It's supposedly possible (I found a toolchain for it) but not easy. Probably will look into this now because the default firmware a shit.

Sorry for the confusion! (。•́︿•̀。) I'm pretty new to the concept of compiling your own firmware. I'm prone to mixing up terms.

Those colours are so goooood. The lights and grey case colour remind me of Nortel switches, which ironically is another ded company. We have a whole closet filled with these things at work. Used to use them until Nortel went under.

Attached: Nortel-Baystack-5510-Front.jpg (1024x334, 16K)

wow i've never even heard of that architecture. Yeah I imagine it might be difficult to get stuff to work on there.

Yep, it's a Unifi AP AC Lite--the smallest cutest one of the lineup.

>What's the coiled cable for btw?
My beloved Model F XT.

Attached: modelf.jpg (4119x1543, 679K)

It's pretty annoying but I don't mind undertaking this as some kind of pet project for a while. It's not vital that I get OpenWRT on this device, just something to do for fun in my spare time.

Searching around gives me some pretty conflicting answers, some posters will say that there's no way in hell that rev. A4 will support OpenWRT, while others say that it's possible with the toolchain. From what I can tell, the answer is likely "OpenWRT doesn't work out of the box on a DIR-655 rev. A4, so you need to compile your own firmware with a cross-compiler". And not everyone knows how to do that. So it makes sense why some people will give the first answer.

That thing is a fucking beast, looks like you're keeping it in great condition too. What year is it from?

the company should still exist but its called allied telesis now

Attached: CAM00875.jpg (2048x1536, 854K)

I dont know how microtik routers end up half way around the world here in singapore, i really like how it looks

Attached: 1169_hi_res.png (2968x2968, 3.66M)

Attached: s21_MAIN_1.jpg (600x600, 34K)

>half way around the world
???

fuck this thread is full of autists

I am really loving the look of that chassis. Definitely bookmarking this for future reference, thank you!

Attached: k286oRY.gif (220x220, 800K)

i giggled, thanks user

but we love you!! uwu

Attached: ewsbzgvv5tw6edpeulgcxqzhvb5ucj4t_hq.jpg (500x714, 34K)

No problem, glad to save people the hours of autistic searching it took me to find a case like that. Just make sure you don't use the bundled power supply if yours happens to come with one, stick with a picoPSU. The case is built for a Flex ATX PSU, so unless you buy a little cable grommet to put on the back for the picoPSU cable it'll look ugly (I'm lazy so I just have an index card I colored black with sharpie taped over the gap, lel). It was also pretty difficult finding a proper riser card for the ethernet card, so I just used a riser cable instead. It takes a bit of finagling depending on the length of the riser cable, but it works and seems to provide sufficient support.

mini-box.com/M300-Enclosure-w-Bootable-CF-Reader_2
This is another option that integrates more cleanly with the picoPSU, but it's ugly and apparently the build quality is rather poor. There's a neat version with an LCD display that you could probably do some fun things with, though.
mini-box.com/M300-LCD-Enclosure

Attached: s21_INSET_2_1.jpg (600x600, 46K)

Funny you say that, yesterday I found an old dir-300 I had, it was pretty good with ddwrt and very nice looking

Attached: DIR-300_internet_server_wireless_11g_4ports_lan_1port_wan_54mbps_A1_Image_Back_L.jpg (780x400, 17K)

bond burger

>actual objectophiles in Jow Forums
i thought they only existed in /trash/, dad!?

kys

OwO

Attached: mi-wifi-3-2.jpg (2560x800, 268K)

God damn why is it so expensive.

I have that router, running DD-WRT

Got it for $20 years ago, runs ADSL2 like a champ

Got that at a Thrift store for $5 and didn't know what to do with it. Ended up giving it to a friend and installed Gargoyle 1.10 on it and set it up as a wireless bridge for his PS3, PS4 and PC because of shitty network cards that are built into them. Only downside is the Fast ethernet port, found a Linksys E2000 at same thrift store but it's ugly as hell and
>broadcom

Attached: 1286781916.jpg (876x492, 147K)

flash OpenWRT on

What does Jow Forums think of router-tans?