Press F to pay your respects

Press F to pay your respects

Attached: 71-9v3rIQFL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 25K)

I still use it.

Cheers

Attached: 1526086375160.png (380x349, 77K)

Benis owo

Attached: image_8.jpg (678x677, 46K)

Press S to spit on grave

This post has been made possible thanks to VGA in year 2018.

I still use them for desktops at work because it keeps brainlets from trying to remove things.

S

Still useful. Yeah it's the last option, but it still works.

dealwithit.gif

*blocks your path*

Attached: 41J78R7BZBL._SX355_.jpg (355x320, 16K)

So do I.

What is it looking seeing inferior image quality every day?

Pretty comfy. I've never owned anything higher than 720p so I don't really need HDMI/DisplayPort

What's it like being illiterate fedora tipping fuck wit?

I don't mind, it just works.

Same, using it with my X220.

Attached: X220-22.jpg (800x574, 166K)

my tv is connected via vga because my gpu only has one hdmi port which already is used by the monitor. vga is great

Good fucking riddance.

Press F to "Fuck it's about time"

no. Fuck those things. I'm glad they're dead.

My rx570 doesn't have any analog outputs and I was sad because my monitor is old and doesn't like HDMI as much as VGA for computers

Me too

>t. numale with digital monitors

Still use it. Monitor only has 1 HDMI and 1 VGA, so desktop uses the HDMI and laptops share a docking station attached to the VGA.

Is the atandard being obsoleted? Why is this thread here?

Went in to a store to buy a new one today
>no one fucking stocks it anymore

No respect for this garbage connection.
It's majorly overstayed its welcome.
If only DVI was introduced when LCDs were first made, maybe we wouldn't have to deal with a pointless digital to analog to digital conversion to display a picture.

S

Just use dvi then

I use DP to VGA adapters, works like a charm but BIOS post doesn't show up.

Brah. Who gives a shit dude hahaha. Imagine caring this much about what video port other people use, hahahAHAHAH.

I am still here

this will NEVER die because servers.

t. hdmi desktop, vga servers

My x58 mobo finally died so i am comming to you via VGA from my old dell latitude d830 mainly because its the only way to enable the 3.5mm audio input on my 55" tv

Fun Fact: I also have a dock for my latitude with a DVI out to HDMI i use and the image is much more sharper: FACT

Fun Fact: My debian only 512gb macbook air didnt werk with the fucking TB to HDMI cable i bought for it. Also a hell of alot of projectors out there are VGA

VGA: Depreciated but just werks

VGA has no bandwidth limit. As long as the RAMDAC is robust enough it could pass a 32-bit/8K/240Hz stream without breaking a sweat.

is that true ?

so, whats the con with it ?

>pay respects to SHIT connector
No.
I'm glad it's dead.
Pic related is for real men.

Attached: DB13W3.jpg (774x600, 56K)

Except it'd look like shit, since VGA is a terrible connector. (The standard is fine, the plug is not)

>server has anything more than serial output
what the fuck are they doing...

enjoy your proprietary hdmi nigger

Attached: drapion_stop.jpg (288x215, 32K)

I use it for my second screen

And yet, HDMI is impossible to use reliably on Ubuntu

same
my DisplayPort KVM can only be used for one monitor, and I only have one DP port, so I need to use VGA to connect to the other one.

It's still in use

this right here.

same. got an old dell 4:3 that I love. Don't know why I need my second screen to be flashy when at most it might be a youtube video on there.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 2017-Newest-USB-KVM-Switch-Switcher-2-Port-VGA-SVGA-Switch-Box-USB-2-0-Mouse.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x640, 84K)

F

Lots of memories there m8.

Came here to post this. VGA DE-15 plugs were always shit. It's amazing how such an awful cable became standard.

a lot of autists on here make it a point to try and shit on what others use. some will sperg out, some will go full Jow Forums on you and call you a kike etc.
tl;dr - welcome to Jow Forums

i used a dvi to vga convertor from a gtx 980 for years
only changed to regular dvi when I bought a nice ips screen

still better than lightning ports in every way

My full hd screen from 2009 has only vga.

Attached: IMG_20180706_012912.jpg (4160x3120, 2.28M)

I can't help it:
- mobo has only vga and hdmi
- monitor has only vga and displayport
just

I finally upgraded today. Swapped out my two side monitors from free 1280x1024/1366x768 VGA to a pair of refurbed ThinkVision 1080p IPS ones.

It's still a fantastic display output though, it won't be obsolete for years.

VGA doesn't belong on anything other than CRT monitors. Digital devices should use digital I/O and any flat-screen LCD monitor that uses VGA is trash.

You can easily convert between displayport and hdmi.

both are digital but it's not the same signal. if you don't have a mobo/gpu that can switch you're going to need an active converter

Except the team of brainlets that was tasked with connecting them to the monitors DIDN’T FUCKING SCREW THE SIDE THINGYS IN, HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MISS THAT ITS RIGHT FUCKING THERE!

Yeah no
Fuck that and fuck RS232 while we're at it

this.

yes it is.

Attached: IMG_20180521_233011.jpg (3120x4160, 2.73M)