Amerimutt education

>Amerimutt education
defend this
Link
wumath.wustl.edu/math-exam-archives

Attached: mutt_education.png (1366x386, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CfW845LNObM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lol fuck off stupid yuropoor

What the fuck. This is high school level math. Are you telling me I've been busting my ass at a non-american university for good grades when I could have gone to a US university and gotten a perfect GPA without studying?

I learned this in an American highschool. This is probably a "math for liberal arts and business students" class

what's the point of knowing how to multiply matrices?
I had to do that at the uni, never ever used it in real life after.

naw this is too advanced for most of those majors
I know someone who majored in music and only had 2 math classes, one of which was just personal budget class basically

It's very useful if you do higher calculus as you can treat certain systems as matrices and use matrix operations to work with them. This has applications in Engineering, Physics, Economics, Finance, etc.

What? I was literally doing this in middle school

KYS
Not doing your easy AF homwork.

Yeah they dont require matrix multiplication at mcdonalds

is this a FUCKING JOKE?

tfw still paid more
kinda feels bad

it's a business school, pal. They really don't waste too much time on that kind of thing.

>defend this
Why do you think I would?

Meanwhile in summer semester of 1st year on a shitty yuropoor uni.

Attached: IMG_20180709_092248.jpg (1944x2592, 1.8M)

>tfw cant do math unless i can visualise it and approximate the answer

my brain stops at derivatives

Attached: 1530854038246.png (646x595, 323K)

Welcome to government education.

They literally don't teach math in highschool. They just grade for effort if you "try".
t. Graduated in 2012.

graphics

youtube.com/watch?v=CfW845LNObM

post math videos

Attached: 1530535538911.png (1288x160, 29K)

Learning matrices isn't very useful, but being able to learn matrices is useful.

I don't think kids should learn matrices, as long as they are able to learn them within a day as adults. Unfortunately, we don't really have a better way of teaching kids how to think other than shoving things down their throat and hoping some of it sticks.

Spoken like a true American

Bump

I've had that in high school too.

>i've had Legendre and Chebyshev polynomials in highschool
I'm sure you went to Moscow's 57

Attached: 1484863783697.gif (857x994, 427K)

Education isn't about teaching you only what you need to use you cockmongler. Education has to give you base for you to be able to think and come up with solutions for problems that may not even exist yet.

Somehow I know what it says but I've got no idea what language it is.

You can read math in any yuropoor language. It's largely the same, the only significant differences are in notation. The language is czech.

This is obviously a warm up question. You have to test the first week material in a Linear Algebra midterm somehow. These threads always devolve into "Dude I learned Galois theory and solved the P=NP while I was still in my dad's nutsack bro."

P=NP problem*

>They just grade for effort if you "try"

Attached: 1381303110195.png (563x587, 162K)

>haven't done any math since high school
>don't remember literally anything

Attached: 1503068052351.gif (400x364, 1.65M)

It's a mandatory skill when making your own game engine with your own math library

I learned matrices in high school Pre-Calculus

This channel is amazing, thank you so much.

I just murdered pretty much every cop in prague with my hacked battle rifle, how u holding up?

Neural networks make heavy use of matrix multiplication. Same with computer graphics.

>Neural networks

tbqh though it's like saying computer programs make heavy use of pointers

318 is meaningless, that could be an intro to matrix math class for non stem majors for all we know

>if i cram in enough derivatives into a single equation that means its hard!
Literally intro calclus, just tediously written

Pointers dont really exist outside of computers aside from being just a vague concept. Linear algebra and matrix math is crucial to being able to leverage computing power properly.

Yes.

Why should a music major even have to study math in college?

Music is basically math

the point was that most languages don't have a classical concept of pointers anymore

the parallel to machine learning being that most people that do machine learning don't concern themselves with multiplying the weight matrix.

Since matrices are not discussed in freshman, sophomore college math classes, there is typically a refresher course to remind math majors how to perform typical matrix operations in the first chapter of a linear algebra class.

kek

They don't call them MIT niggers for nothing.

Here's a hint for you, you moronic europoor, Washington University St. Louis doesn't number their courses like a normal uni.

This is a basic intro class.

Emptying my ballsack into underage v&s at lipno. Cool stuff.
>idk what orthogonalization is
That's a lingebra textbook you amerimutt monkey, you're supposed to read through it with highschool knowledge because it's parallel to analysis and can't rely on you knowing it.

>within a day
stop trolling

What's wrong with this? You learn the basics and then build off of that. The large majority of CS and engineering degrees don't even require a liner algebra class at all despite it being very useful