/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: timn_thumb_template_smartphones.jpg (1920x1080, 450K)

s p l i t s c r e e n

Attached: Screenshot_20180709-092810_Dashchan.jpg (1440x2960, 985K)

If you remove the ugly navbar you'll have more space.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-09-01-39-01-364_com.google.android.youtube.png (1080x2160, 935K)

Just pre-ordered the XZ2 Premium
see ya later virgins

Attached: 1526929558316.gif (500x465, 229K)

didnt know you can do that while in splitscreen mode, thanks /s9/ brother

Yo what's the best Jow Forums app for iOS?

I'm using a mi mix 2 not a S9

don't ever reply to me again
enjoy your iphone 4: weeb edition faggot

oh i had a buddy who had one of those and he really liked it

does the iphone 4 have TWO cameras??
thats cool and my dad works at Nintendo

Are there any new, big screen (6"+) phones with a 16:9 aspect ratio? preferably from a somewhat respected manufacturer. All these new 18:9 phones with their tiny screens are not for me.

Oops forgot the info, Netherlands, budget doesnt really matter, vodafone. All I really care about is the screen size, decent battery life, thin bezels if possible but I can live with bigger ones.

Mi Max 3

18:9 is pretty much the same as 16:9, except the screen is even bigger. What's the problem?

The problem is that 99% of 18:9 phones have 5.8" to 6.2" screens, which in comparison are alot smaller than a 6" 16:9

Mi Max 2, Huawei Mate 9 / 10 / 10 Pro, Sony XA2 Ultra

Why is this a general? Are you actual unironic shills? I leave you SPerGs too it then.

phones are tech you dumb cunt

>LG G2
>Resurection remix 7.1.2
>i fucking love the aesthetic
>literally the only thing bad is the camera and 5 years old battery
I want a new phone but i'm not sure

Gr8 phone

>country
Australia

>Carrier
Idk whatever

>Features
Good battery
Large storage maybe micro SD slot
don't care about size

>Budget
$0-$800

I've got the OnePlus 3 now was thinking of getting the 6 but idk

So are microwaves you absolute faggot. What does that have to do with this being a shill thread? Maybe you should make a vibrator thread for the dick in your ass faggot.

just hang yourself if you actually can't stand people discussing phones here

Nah, you fucking go back faggot. You literally have to be some underage faggot to think there's anything worth discussing here.

been here since 2007 when I was an underaged dickhead like yourself so I don't think i'll be fucking off anytime soon
looking forward to your funeral though, hope your mum wears something sexy so I can look at her cleavage when she bends down to see if her favourite son died and she looks good when I take a pic of that sigh of relief when she realises you were the one who hung himself

That's because those 5.8-6.2in phones are the same size as older5.5-5.7in phones and are the mainstream class size, not the phablet size you are looking for

because people like to spend money on stuff they don't need, but which they enjoy having

where can i buy a redmi note 5 pro online?

kimovil.com

What does Jow Forums think of the YotaPhone 2?

Attached: file.png (722x551, 174K)

Every fucking phone since nougat

Does anyone actually use it on a regular basis? I tried it, didn't find it THAT useful, it's still a blessing to have, though.

Cool. I had an Xperia Z2, and I liked it very much.

it's nice if you want to watch a live stream and shitpost at the same time

It's kinda useful. Specially when your talking with somebody and doing a Web search at the same time.

i cant even pre-order it here yet

Attached: majora.jpg (280x260, 69K)

if someone is discussing it, which we obviously are, it gets a thread. if you don't like it you can fuck off to 9fag, nobody wants you here anyway

>no CDMA support
My life is suffering

Attached: angry_usamin.gif (500x500, 1.85M)

Moto G6 or Nokia 6.1?
USA - AT&T towers on sub service.

opinions on XZ1 Compact

Nokia 6.1

I am also thinking about this and the Nokia is a better phone but you're paying more. It is locked though

Got a Moto E4 Plus for 150 bux, i'm loving the battery life. The camera is meh compared to the best, but fine for anything i'm going to do.
Cheap and effective. Kinda BIG though.

The e5 plus is like $179 and is basically a g6 that has a good battery life

Mi Max 3 is on the way, user.

I had it for like 3 years, pretty cool concept, but right now is absolutely deprecated and the sd800 is a fucking oven.
I loved use any app on the e-ink display, read notifications at a glance, have dank wallpapers allways on.
I wish there were an up to date version. Russians eventualy sold the project to the chinks, and the chinks made a new version, the hardware looks nice but the software is useless: very limited use of the e-ink display and chink oriented apps and OS, you can't even run any app.

Attached: 5a65910fNf9014d68.jpg (990x1540, 294K)

>thinking 6 hours SoT in 7 hours off the charger is good battery life
LMAO at your samshit

Attached: Screenshot_20180709-161506.png (712x234, 16K)

Anyone here has the Galaxy A5 2017 with a custom rom installed?
Are you happy with it? I was thinking of getting one to replace my iphone 5s. It'll be my first android phone, and I read that Samsung phones are pretty easy to unlock and install twrp and lineageOS. Is there anything I should be aware of modding-wise? I already installed a custom rom once, but it was on my old Asus tablet years ago, so maybe something has changed since then.

Any good, recent compact smartphone that has a good rubber (non-solid) protection along with no more than 1080p (1080p would already be overkill), headphone jack slot, strap hole and Android-based?

I was eyeing the Xperia Z2 compact, but this seems old (2014), but I can't seem to find anything else at the current time that would meet some of my expectations.

Thanks!

Jailbreak, then install Fortune.

*France, Free

Is the Mi Mix 2 their best phone?

mi mix 2s is best xiaomi phone right now

Attached: 2.png (1080x1792, 106K)

mi mix 3 is around the corner

Attached: 1530900328_zhdvt7.jpg (960x1280, 199K)

>absolutely deprecated
my current phone is a Moto X 2013 but that is slowly falling apart.

I can get a brand new Yota 2 for around 100€ and I'd like to have a small phone.

Also I don't game.

>country
USA
>carrier
AT&T (discount through work)
>features
Decent audio and a 3.5mm jack for headphones (my phone is my music player)
>budget
Anything below $800 would be ideal.

I'm thinking about getting a OnePlus 6 in a couple days. Can I just slap in my sim card and be good to go? It would rek me to change my number.

It might work that way, or you might have to play with the APN settings
What made you choose the 1+6 over something like the V30?

Huawei Mate SE worth getting?

Attached: Huawei-Mate-SE-2-598x584.jpg (598x584, 74K)

To add more info.

I have a budget of $250 or so for a phone

Carrier:
Straight Talk

US

I thought about the Oneplus because a friend of mine has had a chinkphone for a while and likes it - not a lot of bloatware. Also, the 1+ 6 was memed a lot in other threads. The 1+ has better cameras, too. From what I can tell.

Better cameras than what?

Does the Xperia XA2 have 8.1 at this point?

Though it seems I can get the V30 through AT&T. Again, worried about bloatware.

I need some advice.

I'm thinking about buying the J5 Pro or J7 Pro.
Both will receive Android 8, the main difference is that the J7 Pro has more battery, 3gb ram and full HD display, while the J5 has 2gb ram and less battery, but the price difference is quite something.

I don't really care about gaming or big resolution screens, but I wonder if 2gb ram is enough for the following years, especially with Android 8.

What you guys think?
Is 2gb ram enough?

Carrier: Vivo
Budget: $300 or R$1200.

Get the J7 Pro

I guess after looking at the specs again, there isn't any reason to use the cameras as a deciding factor between the 1+6 and the LGV30. The price is pretty different, though. I'll have to ask about upgrading to the LG and see if they can make me a deal, I guess.

Anything coming out soon in the under $300 range worth getting excited about?

Not really, unless Google actually makes a cheaper low end Pixel with the SD 710 I hear about, don't know about under $300 tho

MI max 3

How awful is the glass back on the iphone 8?
I'm upgrading (have to stick with apple) and not sure if going for the 8 is worth it- otherwise would stick to the metal backed 7. I don't care about wireless charging, is the extra performance boost of the 8 worth sacrificing whatever durability the 7 has?
I.e. what would wear out on first: the 7's performance or the 8's durability?

just bought a mi A1
how fucked up am i?

>buying Mi A1 when Redmi Note 5 exists
>buying Mi A1 when Mi A2 is coming out in a month's time

bought this because cheaper
also android one

Just don't upgrade ios and you'll be fine with 7

You keep sayin mi max 3 soon but when is soon

will that get frustrating soon though?

Is the Huawei P20 Lite alright? The notch is kinda gay, but it looks like a good phone.

>Mi A2
Yeah sure love that headphone jack.

Tbqh ios hasn't changed much from ios 7 so i doubt it will make a real difference

Stop using shitty cans user

Thinking about getting the UMIDIGI S2 Lite because it looks pretty fucking good. I dunno much about Smartphones though.

how're the upcoming Motorola One and One Power?
worth it?

It isn't

>bought this because cheaper
Price differences are marginal.
>also android one
Also, every Snapdragon Xiaomi device has substantial custom ROM support.

It's fine for the most part, SD is old at this point, but fuck it, it's still good enough.

SD 625*
Fuck.

Link the chink version please

Honor 10

I just straight up remove it completely and use gestures like the iPhone X, but with back and recent

Attached: Screenshot_20180709-181822_Mimi.jpg (1080x2220, 288K)

Based bjorn

Very. Enjoy the very first android one bricked device.

Does samsung have those? I never knew. The Xiaomi gestures are pretty great, saves me from the wanker's cramp I deal with when using buttons.

A phone less than a year that lost support since march and that xiaomemee has been sabotaging since then.

Is loading a custom ROM different for every phone? I unlocked my phones bootloader and downloaded a ROM I wanted and thought the hard part would be over but the next steps are so confusing.

I bought Sony z3 compact and love the phone, probably my favourite ever, but it's stuck on Android 4.4.4 kit kat, won't even update to it's newest official release which is some 6.x lollipop for some reason
I

Xiaomi can't let a non-MIUI device get any proper attention.
Still 8.0 officially.

>4k 5.8" screen
>smaller than 4000mah battery
Enjoy your abysmal battery life

Also I have a Sony xa1 and still prefer the z3c

The procedure is the same for almost all Android phones.
1) unlock bootloader
2) install custom recovery (TWRP) in fastboot
3) flash the custom ROM from recovery

i have a galaxy s9+ and it is like a black glass rectangle and before i bought a case for it holding it was holding a slippery bar of soap in my hand, i almost dropped it a few times