/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

>Read → → → → → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Programming questions?
>Windows questions?
Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Old thread

Attached: 1521264704500.jpg (701x1024, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kikatek.com/Product/101377-111323620R-Sapphire-Radeon-VaporX-HD-4850-512MB-PCIE-VGADVIHDMI-Graphics
static.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/250187.pdf
pastebin.com/raw/ZgPfkJKp
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006740 600003982 600003988 601283903 601283904 601283905 601283906 601283907 601283908 601283909 601286756 601290003 601290222 601290225 601290226 601303704 601303722 50010418 50010772&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&PageSize=96&order=PRICE
youtube.com/watch?v=YV5IheNfK54
computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Help

convert -depth 8 -size 32x32 rgb:test test.png
works
convert -depth 8 -size 64x64 rgb:test test.png
"convert: unexpected end-of-file 'test': No such file or directory @ error/rgb.c/ReadRGBImage/245."

what the fuck

Recently, I’ve been thinking a lot more about life. I want to change everything up.
Recently got a job. Stopped being a pussy and asked out a friend I’ve had feelings for about 6 years now and she said yes when she moves back over here (She had to move over east (Ausfag) with her dad after her mum died). So I just wanted to say fuck it and flip everything up. Might move over there, might stick through and see how long until she moves back.
I want to go balls deep and just fuck off from Windows. I know /fglt/ is a thing, and I was going to check that out after typing this out.
When I get on the computer, I do fuck all, quite frankly. I check out some Jewtube videos (Mainly GN & L1T), browse Jow Forums and that’s about it. Some light gaming, but all that I play now has Linux support, anyway. Ideally I’d want to quit games entirely.
I’ve got an old as shit Facebook profile I occasionally get emails about, so I’ve been meaning to go through and trim a lot of the old emails & old social media accounts.
Anyone else been in this situation? How should this be handled?
What else am I forgetting?

install fedora or ubuntu

install gentoo

Ubintu if you want EZ mode. Gentoo if you want thosr Jow Forumspoints

Also hit the gym and eat better.

i use arch but will switch back to gentoo when i get a faster computer

Yeah, I was thinking of Ubuntu.
Also, I was looking into gyms around my area, and figuring out a diet. Thanks.

Why do you keep making the thread so early?

I'm starting to base my career on the web developer
I was thinking about of a package of skills to focus on like html, css, js, sql and php
i'm good just with it to live comfortably?

>→ → → → → → →

I'm gay

>I'm gay
Cool story bro.
>Why do you keep making the thread so early?
Isn't the bump limit 350 on Jow Forums?
I make the new one around 300, that way the old one can still get some answers to questions asked, while the new one is for new questions. It sucks when an user asks a question at the bump limit and never gets an answer.

Is there any way to search natively in Win10 for duplicate files?
Or a reliable app/github that could do this?

I would like to search my 11000 memes folders.

Attached: 1517170082453.png (1080x1920, 2.33M)

fuck off you aren't me

write a shell script

I have no idea. Is this something like the DOS youtube-dl ?
I know how to use it.

How do I remove this SSD from my laptop?

Attached: ssd.jpg (1600x900, 545K)

Anyone know what gpu this is?

Attached: 20180709_135821-1.jpg (3261x1533, 901K)

What model lenovo?
Any numbers on the back? Can you take off the fan and heatsink?
If you have a computer, plug it in and find out.

how does iknowwhatyoudownload.com know what type content it is? specifically if it is CP, why dont they just automatically report any IP they tracked?

There were some numbers on a paper but its faded out

Heres the back of it

Attached: 20180709_141136-1.jpg (2909x1719, 1.7M)

Thanks. Here:
kikatek.com/Product/101377-111323620R-Sapphire-Radeon-VaporX-HD-4850-512MB-PCIE-VGADVIHDMI-Graphics

Sapphire Radeon HD 4850.

Lenovo ideapad 310-15IKB

Thanks. See page 34
static.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/250187.pdf

When you use a torrent you basically make a direct connection with a group of other users who already possess the file. All the site does is keep a big catalogue of known torrents that they connect to and catalogue all of the IPs off of. Later, when a user inputs an IP to check they just go through their database and see if they've seen that IP in any of the torrents they check.

The reason they dont run a CP honeypot is because that would mean they'd have to knowingly turn a blind eye to CP being distributed. That's probably beyond the scope of what the site owners want to do and presumably they just report any heinously illegal downloads as soon as they find them, if not just ignore them outright. And that is even *if* they check the actual contents of the torrents. They could just be cataloguing the type of content based on the torrents description on a public tracker or something.

That's not even mentioning the fact that trying to get a conviction on someone just based on a few instances of their IP is pretty difficult. It's a bit of a waste of law enforcement efforts to just go after some consumer-only pedo when there are more effective targets like distributors and first degree child abusers to go after.

get the first 1024 bytes from all the files you wanna check for duplicates and convert each of it to md5
finally compare it one by one
wow that was hard

yes wtf
not gonna help sorry
comfort you great live thinking is

wordlist rec's for cracking wpa2?

What's a good used/refurbished machine to look for sub $100 ?
I have a SSD drive with windows 7 I just want to plug in and go. Web browsing, movie watching, MS Word, and that's all

kill
yourself

>weendoze
stopped reading right there

Thanks a lot!

How bad is my implementation of the solution for Problem 20 in Leetcode?
pastebin.com/raw/ZgPfkJKp
i find it awful because i have to explicitly state the characters i want to find, which means i have to maintain the code

God it is summer, isn't it?

Newfag, there are a lot of real tech people here who have various OSs for various reasons, not the least of which is testing the latest hackbook on your l33t distro.

Now go learn some Python or something.

>pastebin
0x0.st exists retard

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100006740 600003982 600003988 601283903 601283904 601283905 601283906 601283907 601283908 601283909 601286756 601290003 601290222 601290225 601290226 601303704 601303722 50010418 50010772&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&PageSize=96&order=PRICE
Adjust the CPU selection on the left.

it's me mum's web browsering machine

>first day of work today
How do I pretend to know more than I do?

Bash command that recursively searches all files and files in subdirectories for a regex match?

>How do I pretend to know more than I do?
Do the opposite.

How can it be that 150$ used thinkpad i just bought is much better than macbook pro?

It was designed to be used by corporate businessmen that actually do work. It was designed to be serviced by said corporate office's tech department.

you tell me

find /path/to/arse/hole -name '*shit*'

Where can I download ebooks for free? been using b-ok but that seems to be missing a few

Attached: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.QtC2hSztiEHmkv66driUXAHaHa%26pid%3D15.1&f=1.jp (474x474, 21K)

writing the post?

telling your mom to stop sucking my dick

either `grep -R` or `find`.
these arent "bash" commands, btw, just commands (that means they'll work from any shell, if you want bash-specific solution then I cannot help you)

In Windows 10, is there a way to disable resizing a window by the boarder? I can't be having the in game resolution be changing by accident when streaming. Especially in games like Warframe (Window mode 720p)

Attached: zxxcccss.jpg (300x168, 11K)

So I have a WiFi dongle that I'm going to take with me to my dorm.
What measures should I take to improve its security so that a half witted haxxorman couldn't access it ? i know basic shit such as bigass password but what else ?

I am pretty new to the site and I was wondering if gentoo is actually good or if it is so bad that the "install gentoo" is ironic.

Apart from that, I am thinking on switching from Windows to GNU/Linux. Bunsen Labs is my first option although the flowchart in the wiki page suggests that I should install elementaryOS, am I making a mistake by picking Bunsen?

Thank you

If I'm in the EU, is a site legally obligated to delete my account?
I've looked on the forums on that site and it's just countless threads dating as far back as 10 years ago where the admins say no to deletion requests.

don't use electronic devices
my first distro was arch -> gentoo -> slackware
gentoo is good but the package manager is too complicated and writing a package is a pain in the ass, I prefer slackware over gentoo

How to downgrade magisk manager?
I just upgraded to 5.8 and it doesnt work, i have the 5.7 apk but it wont install over 5.8.

does something like this exist, except it's an 8mm micro usb instead of type c? finding an otg cable of the right kind is gonna be a pain in the ass if the one I have breaks or gets lost

Attached: adapter.jpg (4695x3130, 756K)

So my computer has been randomly freezing when I try to play anything. Sometimes it'll freeze then restart my computer on its own, sometimes it'll just freeze on one frame and make me do a force-restart. In the former scenario, the audio completely freezes until it restarts, while in the latter scenario the audio will freeze for about a second then resume as if nothing had happened, then I'll hear a notification sound of something connecting or disconnecting.

To preface my question, I know next to nothing about computers.

Is it my motherboard? Is there any way to fix this without having to order a new part or multiple parts? My temperatures are fine.

Attached: 1452597851888.gif (500x379, 376K)

In C++, is it possible to make an array that holds members of an abstract class without using pointers ? I want to fill it with different types of derivative classes.

Crashes are usually due to memory issues. Run your computer with minimal hardware by taking out anything you don't absolutely need to get your computer booted. You should basically be left with your motherboard, a stick of ram, and the drive with your OS on it. Add more hardware on until you get your error and the last piece added will probably be the culprit.

My guess is it's probably one of your ram sticks or your graphics card (which could be a driver issue)

Is there some kind of fake phone number service or SMS thing that would work with Tinder sign-up? I want to get laid without giving the botnet my number

You can try libgen,io but they don't have everything.

I'm new to AVR programming. Where should I look for bootloader(s) for my mega chip?

Or should I write my own instead?

So far only one of my ram sticks is out and I haven't crashed yet so I think that one is the culprit. Thanks for the help, user.

Attached: 1519745482763.gif (350x265, 1.25M)

I feel like I have to restart my VPN connection time and again on Android in order for the network to start loading again.

What's up with that?

Did you consider using an OS made by white people?

Is it worth sacrificing the safety of keepass for the comfyness of lastpass?

As long as you have an actual cellphone number attached to your account if the need ever rises to reset password.

Hi anons. I want to dual boot my awesome android phone to run two OSs. One for personal, google and with simcard mode and the other to the user mode without simcard. What I want to know from you is If i do this I will have problems with my personal other OS data being pried? Thank you.

Is there a way to get the environment to look like pic related in Sublime Text 3?

Attached: cell-tags-toolbar.png (1536x762, 87K)

There used to be a guide going around Jow Forums for debloating Windows 10 disabling unnecessary shit etc. Anyone got a link or image of it ?

iirc it's on the wiki

What is a good lightweight wordprocessor for Linux?

Libreoffice is pretty slow on my old laptop, so I'm looking for an alternative. I'd use a normal text editor, but I also want a page based interface to see how much I already wrote in terms of A4 pages and what the text layout looks like for each page.

abiword, or perhaps just run office '97 in wine

do I need a dedicated GPU for compooter science? I've been planning on just buying an ultrabook and if I'll need it I guess I'll build a PC, because a GPU in a laptop is retardation

short answer: no
long answer: there are various fields where you want the capability of running the kinds of parallel stuff that GPUs are good for. But you won't be getting to those until late in undergrad, if you go into those areas at all. And if you do wind up doing something that needs a dedicated GPU, either you'll have access to one because your department or professor or etc will give you access to a compute server, or you'll just be able to get the GPU then, when you need it, instead of getting it now three years before you might possibly need it.

That said I still wouldn't get an ultrabook. You want something with a bigger screen and a better keyboard. I fell for the "slim and light" meme when I got a college laptop, and I regretted it - all the time I found myself wishing I would have accepted some extra size and weight to get something that was more comfortable to actually use.

I've been using arch for almost half a year but it's still a bit of a burden when it comes to windows specific things (and gayms). I'm planning on doing it over and dual boot it instead on the weekend but I'm not sure what version of windows to use.

I'm cool with 8.1 and 7 but I'm worried that support is ending in a few years. I'm wondering, is win10 worth it?

Multi-part question here. I'm looking for a series and can't find it for free. It's not very popular so I think I'll need to buy it. If I buy a series on youtube, will youtube-dl still work to download it, or is there some other way? If not, is there any way to rip videos from iTunes, Vudu, or Google Play? Those are the only places I've seen it so far.

why not use wine? or if you need a "real" windows install virtualize it

what series? might just be you're not looking in the right place. I too enjoy obscure shit

abiword is pretty crappy, it's about the linux equivalent of windows wordpad. scrivener is probably overkill but it's still pretty light

I'm already doing that. Got most of adobe suite in a vm and most of the windows programs I still use on wine and it works well when it does. It's shit when it doesn't though. I spend 5++ hours just messing around wine or winetricks and most of the time it's all for naught.

ok, in that case I'd say just use vbox or something so you don't actually have to stop whatever you're doing and reboot when you want to use a windows program. just my two cents. and I'd say go for 8.1 ten isn't really much of an improvement and has more annoyances

by bigger screen do you mean 17inches? My last laptop was 15 and I've been looking at 14 now, so I don't suppose the one inch difference is that big, of course I'll go have a look through the stores just to get a feel for it

as far as the keyboard goes, I suppose I can always connect an external one

Regal Academy season 2. Feel free to make fun of me because it's a literal children's show, but I think it's fun. It's probably on cartoonchaos, but I've been too lazy to get into private trackers. All my usual sites seem to stop at episode 6 out of 26 in the season.

Anyone have a decompiler set up on their computer? Care to run this through it from the last thread?
It's tiny, shouldn't take long. Would do it myself but I haven't currently got the software to do so on my computer.

Yeah, vm is a convenient last resort but I've been encountering problems with it more and more recently for things that need the gpu.

>I'd say go for 8.1 ten isn't really much of an improvement and has more annoyances
Gotcha, thanks. I'll go with that then. I was afraid of eol in 5 years but I guess I'll just worry about that in 5 years.

yeah by eol either 10 will be usable or there'll be another windows to give a shot

I have a 15" laptop now, I think its a good size. 14.. maybe. 13 would be pretty cramped

If I want to use ffmpeg with youtube-dl , do I ahve to put ffmpeg in the same folder?
I do have ffmpeg on the PC for other things in other folders.

Attached: v1513989697532.png (1875x500, 358K)

10 is the last windows. They're just slowly evolving it now. 5 years is an eternity in software though.

no, it be anywhere in PATH

I need to power something that specifies '100v, 50/60hz and 12W' but I'm in a 240v country. I've located a stepdown converter but it says it's 30W. Does that make a difference?

c:\Users\bygeo\Desktop\youtube-dl>youtube-dl --extract-audio --prefer-ffmpeg --audio-format mp3 youtube.com/watch?v=YV5IheNfK54
[youtube] YV5IheNfK54: Downloading webpage
[youtube] YV5IheNfK54: Downloading video info webpage
[youtube] YV5IheNfK54: Extracting video information
[download] Devil May Cry 5 OST _ Casey Edwards feat. Ali Edwards - Devil Trigger _ Full Song [HQ] デビル メイ クライ 5-YV5IheNfK54.webm has already been downloaded
[download] 100% of 5.96MiB
ERROR: ffprobe or avprobe not found. Please install one.

>c:\
found the problem.

Let me try somewhere else.

computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm