Why is startpage such a pile of shit?

Why is startpage such a pile of shit?

Attached: c073e413e1157bc64cdc37cd40658efe.png (1156x1404, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

help.openstreetmap.org/questions/45635/public-transport
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Chrome
Why don't you just use Google then? I mean no point in changing.

I'm using Iridium

I'm never using firefox again, hitting 32bit memory limits due to memory leaks and crashing my browser 1-10 times a day for 10 fucking years straight from Phoenix browser to Firebird to Firefox 1.0 to Firefox 40 or whatever the fuck on multiple systems on multiple fresh profiles. There is no other browser to use. Whatever google can do with my information is not as bad as the above.

Firefox hasn't been crashing in over 4 years. You were just too retarded to download the 64bit version.

that's my main gripe with startpage
it's meant to be a proxy for google but i can find multiple queries which return 0 results when searching with startpage

Use searx

how it compares to StartPage regarding privacy?

It's much better

just use tor with bing search engine and copy links to your browser
what a dumb fuck

Searx is pretty good, kinda slow if you add too many services but you don't have to do that

I can't find a privacy search engine that returns any data for that search. ..
>lukol
>Searx
>Searchencrypt
>Swisscows
>FindX
>DDG
>Ecoasia
>Qwant

no matter how many times I try startpage or searx or whatever, I always end up going back to Google Search. other search engines seem to be incapable of semantically recognising content and just do string matching. I hate the idea of Google Search potentially censoring competition (why does typing in uBlock Origin not bring up addons.mozilla.org?), but wrestling the search engine to give you the result you want, happens a lot more.

on the subject of Botnet, Google Maps is another thing that doesn't have a real alternative.

How does Google maps not have a real alternative?
>Openmaos
>Bing
>Here
>MapQuest

bing is the only one to offer public transport info and from just 1 query i can tell it can't figure out the most efficient routes.

openstreetmap offers that

Attached: Screenshot_20180709-134634.png (720x1440, 88K)

why can't i find this option on the website?

Because they want you to use their botnet.

and by botnet, i suppose, you mean "native mobile app"?

Attached: 1531092806612.png (800x600, 144K)

all of those are botnets, tho

i think you may be retarded...

Attached: Screenshot_20180709-151351.png (1440x542, 297K)

so it shows you a map of public transport routes... but since i must be retarded, now show me how to get it to tell me which trains i should take in order to get from point A to B.

help.openstreetmap.org/questions/45635/public-transport please read all of this.

not sure why it took this long to say it doesn't support public transport route planning when that's all I wanted to know.

at least now it's clear that i'll carry on using Google Maps since the alternatives are useless to me.

Same garbage. Face it: Google is the only one giving sane results.

it wouldn't be a botnet if it was inconvenient

>that 20 year old boomer who still uses chrome

Attached: boomer.png (1000x861, 259K)

so fucking SLOW

>literal proxy for google search.
>doesn't understand google's advanced search operators.

Attached: 1516131831924.jpg (274x287, 14K)

I use XP on Firefox 36.0. It used to work fine and it's just gotten worse and worse with time for seemingly no reason.

Dude switch to Linux at least and get off XP

>Iridium
Shit. Use ungoogled chromium

I'm using Google to find Firefox addons just fine.

HERE MAPS
YANDEX