Be on holiday

>be on holiday
>Need 8gb swap +8gb ram to compile some shit
>Try to make space for swap file
>Find out btrfs doesn't support swap
>Fuck.jpg
>Try to make space for a new swap partition .
>Need to move root partition
>Gparted can't move root partition
>Reboot from arch to Gentoo
>Gentoo is broken and can't emerge gparted
> Download Ubuntu minimal base roots to chroot in
>Got everything setup and run gparted from Ubuntu
> Get stuck on finding /dev/sda partition .
>Icandoitfromcommandline.jpg
>Use fdisk to delete previous swap .
>Fdisk can move my root partition to where my swap was
>Neither can parted
>OMFG
>Gparted sometimes shows the commands it uses so i could maybe use that.
>Move boot partition back and forth but gparted doesn't show commands
>Reboot for some stupid reason
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key
>For_fuck_shake.jpg
>Pressing keys does nothing (MacBook)
I have another windows pc but no flash drives or shit like that . What do ?

Attached: 15311460663821099756892.jpg (3264x1840, 1.48M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFI_system_partition
support.apple.com/en-au/HT202313
opensource.apple.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Buy Macbook Pro
>Remove OS and install something else
????

Kys, one should always carry a live distro on a flash drive

I got the MacBook 5 to 6 years ago and i new jack shit about computers back then and i don't want to spend money for something i already have

Why did you remove MacOS if you knew nothing about computers? Why did you buy a Macbook if you intended to run Linux anyway?

Internet recovery

ubuntu dual boot on the windows pc?

>resizing a btrfs partition without btrfs filesystem resize
I hope you have backups.

This is the power cord after 5 years of almost no stress
I didn't know much and thus i got the MacBook . And now that I've learned a lot of stuff i installed Linux
My internet is absolute shit . I'm stealing from a hotel and i can barely watch 144p YouTube .
Btw recaptcha on shit internet is absolute hell

Attached: 15311469392571869196124.jpg (1840x3264, 1.41M)

Hold cmd+alt+r on bootup, it'll download and install MacOS for you.

Getting a macbook isn't the retarded choice here, choosing to get rid of a perfectly good Unix OS and replace it with dog shit is.

Assuming he didn't kill the bootloader or EFI.

this
you can kill the recovery partition but if so it should boot internet recovery. how the fuck can you kill the efi?

I didn't resize it
I have a script that backs up everything quite frequently because i have done dumb shit in the past and lost everything enough times

>Assuming he didn't kill the bootloader or EFI.
You can't

The "no bootable device" message is probably coming from some sort of (damaged) bootloader, the Apple EFI would show a graphical error.
That being said, OP, try holding alt when powering on. That lets you select a boot device.

I'm pretty sure you can delete the EFI partition responsible for recovery, immediately looking at OP's PC I can see it's not using the Mac bootloader, you get an Apple with a strikethrough with the default bootloader.

t. Hackintosh user

Its not a damaged bootloader, all the contrary, the grub/isolinux bootloader is looking for partitions to boot and there isn't any.
OP can just wifi-install everything like this user said

Moving a btrfs partition counts as resizing for some reason, overall btrfs is very fragile and it gets corrupted everytime you use external tools to mess with it.

Try using a rEFInd live USB to see if you can find your system.

There isn't such thing as an "EFI" partition.
Mac recovery partition is a HSF+ partition, efi is the booting mechanism.

I know , but my internet is shit .
Also there is CMD and alt i think for boot menu or something like that . I have an ISO of arch in the windows laptop so i'm probably gonna find a drive and boot that
>get rid of a perfectly good Unix OS
I prefer Linux. Less surveillance , better community and more open for tweaking stuff

>Less surveillance
You're confusing that with telemetry.
If you don't use apple/ms account and services, personal data isn't sent to their servers, only crash reports of apps.

>There isn't such thing as an "EFI" partition.
I don't think you really know what you're talking about, m8.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFI_system_partition

On linux is usually a 100mb FAT partition mounted on /boot/efi and it has an especial flag.

>If you don't use apple/ms account and services, personal data isn't sent to their servers, only crash reports of apps.
"And here is the full source code to prove it"

It is a MacBook . If you use bootcamp to get windows you get this bootloader

Attached: 15311485417541620398735.jpg (1840x3264, 1.39M)

If it's UEFI it uses EFI.
Not sure what you're trying to say.

>I prefer Linux. Less surveillance , better community and more open for tweaking stuff
Then you shouldn't have bought a Macbook. What surveillance does MacOS use exactly?

I know it's a Macbook and I know he's not using the stock bootloader.

You don't need the source code to verify it. Everything they get from you is on the eula and big companies like ms can't affor to break the law.
If anything, I've waiting 3 years since 10 launch to be proven wrong about ms spying on users, but guess what, no one have done such thing.

Have you disassembled the whole system and carefully looked at the x86_64 code ?

Attached: 1531148515333282947982.jpg (1840x3264, 1.54M)

>Then you shouldn't have bought a Macbook. What surveillance does MacOS use exactly?
We don't know because it's mostly proprietary. I also don't know which surveillance Windows does because it's proprietary. Just assume the worst.

>You don't need the source code to verify it.
I'm totally going to trust some random guy on the internet on this.

OP can you explain exactly what's going on? What OS's are installed, which partitions, etc. Your story was kind of confusing, you used like 3 different OS's. Is MacOS still installed? Does Grub chainload MacOS's bootloader?

Shift-Option-Command-R on boot.

So, you're just paranoid, I get it, but there isn't any kind of proof whatsoever on the whole internet of ms spying on users, like I said, I would like to be proven wrong but so far no one have done such thing.

>Then you shouldn't have bought a Macbook. What surveillance does MacOS use exactly?
What do you not understand from "i got it 5 to 6 years ago and i didn't know much about Linux back then "
They have done illigal shit in the past Accidentally included the pic

>They have done illigal shit in the past
Such as? Never seen any kind of story of ms spying users and I've using it since 98se

This.
Not just Command+R (which launches recovery from the recovery partition - if this is missing cmd+R won't work)
shit+opt+cmd+R boots an internal (on ROM) utility with very basic drivers for both ethernet+wifi which will then contact Apple's servers to grab a real recovery image (this works even if you replace the HDD/SSD)
You said the machine is ~5 years old, so it's new enough for this.

For reference: support.apple.com/en-au/HT202313
Every Macbook from 2011 onward has this at a firmware level. (some from 2010, but not all)

Op here
I got from Mac os to windows so i could get the bootloader i have in the pic . Installed there was Gentoo and arch and within them a Ubuntu rootfs. The computers bootloader isn't loading grub and when i did an ls on the boot partition before reboot there where a bunch of grub module files all over the place so probably the partition got corrupt by moving it forwards and back again where it was on gparted .

>We don't know because it's mostly proprietary
A fairly substantial chunk of the OS is FOSS.
opensource.apple.com/

Downloading snow leopard from my WiFi connection should take days if it finishes at all

It will download the latest os I think, not snow leopard. If you live in Mexico, you could come to my home, I have the image readily on a usb drive at all times.

Womp Womp.

You have no choice.
If you've deleted the recovery partition you can only use the internet recovery.

Thanks a lot user but i live in Greece .
I had to use that trick a couple of times and every time it installed snow leopard. Even if it wasn't the latest. Maybe the are doing it because this device came with snow leopard and in case their newest os brakes something the user can go to a version that is known good

Oh, maybe

Or enter a boot menu

By holding down option or alt key
Don't remember which

It's the alt key

I think I'm gonna root my android phone with the windows pc and make it act as a USB drive so i can boot a live distro that way

Yeah, i wonder what bits are not opensource and for what reason.

A certain part of Windows is also FOSS, I still don't trust it.
I've seen the "it's basically Darwin" damage control several times, if you want to trust a proprietary OS with your data, be my guest, just don't try to pretend that because the kernel and CLI tools are taken from BSD that surely nothing else could fuck you. I mean, do you have the source code for Aqua, which handles the content of your input and window content? Do you have the source code for Keychain which contains your passwords and keys? No, you have the code for the things Apple copied from BSD.

Can you boot to a USB key and reinstall grub with grub-install or whatever the command is? The EFI partition is probably ok, Idk if you can check the boot order on a mac to confirm.

I checked the boot order
I don't have a flash drive (i shouldn't have made a thread if i had )
I'm gonna make my phone a flash drive after i root it .
Also btw even if the code isn't designed to send data it could have a very well hidden "bug" that allows apple to get whatever they want

I meant to say whouldn't

>I'm gonna make my phone a flash drive after i root it .
You're going to boot a live Linux installation on your macbook from your phone? This dude is in 2108.

yep. unlocked the bootloader.
hoping to get a normal linux distro running on my phone too

Wow lass. Good luck with that, OP. I'm stressed just reading this.