I want to learn F# and I want to learn Haxe. Right now I've got the time for one of them. Which should I do...

I want to learn F# and I want to learn Haxe. Right now I've got the time for one of them. Which should I do? I'm looking to learn a general purpose language that'd let me do whatever. I'm sick of JS.

Attached: a0cc06cfafcad80f5721669c94247e1b-d96c3r4.jpg (640x640, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fsharp.org/learn.html
fsharpforfunandprofit.com/series/why-use-fsharp.html
fsharpforfunandprofit.com/ddd/
fsharpforfunandprofit.com/series/designing-with-types.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why the Maryland girl user?

F# is meme bad support in .net or .net core, very few developers, haxe looks good check nim

Because Marylanders are the most powerful race.

Got it, thank you very much! I'll dig it up.

not op but can I use nim to make a game?

>F# is meme bad support in .net or .net core,
Its unironically probably the most popular form of ML right now. The support is worse than C# or VB but I wouldn't call it bad.

LEARN IT OP

What sort of "support" are you talking about? I'm really interested in learning it. I'm trying to decide between Haxe and F# though. I wanna play with something that I can use to solve a lot of different problems.

No GUI drag and drop, second citizen for .net platform, multithread bugs make it slow for parallelism, F# is nice and had nice community but MS give a shit about it.

Sounds kinda not so good. Am I gonna suffer if I go down the F# path?

F# is very nice ML language and some people had write some nice books or projects about it, but don’t believe F# begin the mainstream functional real world language that will had a lot jobs offers.

F# is ML on. NET, that is a great language and a huge ecosystem. You cannot go wrong with it. (And you can also join Lispers and Haskellers in their elitist Jow Forums talks.)

Learn C# and not some meme languages. It lets you do everything.

> C#
How was freshman year user?

I didn't study some meme CS shit, and maybe that's why I'm not pretending to be some elite hacker by using Haskel or other useless language.

Okay! Do you have any resources you'd recommend? One friend referred me to F# for fun and profit

fsharp.org/learn.html
Also if you don't know, you can use F# in a MS Azure notebook. It's especially good if you wanna play with F# for data analysis.

maryland sucks and their flag is horrendous

Eat shit faggot. I bet you're from some shit flyover with a picture of a guy giving a bear a handie on its flag

Maryland is the worst state I've ever been to. Horrendous living conditions worst drivers in the US, high taxes and gang violence. Yay

bet you're a VIRGINian

eh I'll give you the drivers part though

Attached: Zuh2Jzy.jpg (2086x1093, 573K)

You guys got good jobs though so I am here for now xD

Browse this site and decide for yourself:
fsharpforfunandprofit.com/series/why-use-fsharp.html

One thing's for sure though: you won't learn anything really new by learning yet another imperative language (e.g. Haxe), and typed functional programming lets you do a lot of really interesting shit very easily/intuitively/smoothly, that would be cumbersome to do in other languages. For example:
fsharpforfunandprofit.com/ddd/
fsharpforfunandprofit.com/series/designing-with-types.html

I really appreciate your input. I'll browse that site. I'm definitely leaning toward F#, it seems like it's an interesting new route that will enrich me.

I can give you those, but that's mainly DC and Baltimore. The rest of the state is high quality living

Why not Haskell?

Haskell would be alright, too. I'll probably investigate it after F#. I have Haskell from First Principles, but I can't find much that's been done in the language that I'm all that interested in. Also, I've got a friend who's been evangelizing F# for a little while now

Pluralsight has a lot of courses on F#, it would be worth your time getting a Pluralsight subscription for a couple months if youre serious about learning F#

I have an account through my job. I'll definitely check that out.