/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 1492677832046.jpg (1128x796, 315K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/zr5tqw0qojom9uh/Sennheiser HD650.pdf?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=AEJ9dXaMIuE
innerfidelity.com/content/neutral-sound-possible-recording-mastering-engineer-weighs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 20180709_150507.jpg (4160x3120, 2.61M)

is this any good?

Attached: grace.jpg (700x374, 143K)

I don't really get the joke.

I bought some HD386 from Superlux.
They're open earbuds, what's the best way to seal them?

I'm a closeted weeb and I'm planning to watch anime with them, that's why I care.

lol weebs btfo
if you close them they might sound like shit, just buy another pair of chink IEM's like the tin audio t2's
also how do they sound? I wanna try them, but I don't wanna shill out the money for IEM's with non removable cables

He thinks everyone lives victoriously through anime girls just like him. But in reality most people just like them because it's cute.What I am saying is OP is a closeted homosexual.

Attached: 1530481516094.gif (500x516, 152K)

S!

RME ADI 2 DAC

it has more to do with the fact that those anime headphone images are drawn ever so slightly off model so that the headphones dont look like bulbous things coming out the side of your head and they actually blend in.

I think its really sad you guys needed this explained to you. The education system really failed you

Nar. u r wrong.

idk that dude is pretty kawaii

>Budget
$300
>Location
Canada
>Source
Optical
>Type of headphone
Full-size
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Don't care
>Past headphones
G930, G933, G633

looking to move past the usb headset meme and most of what I can find for 7.1 headphones is wireless. let me have some cables

strix 7.1 seems decent but >gayming

M(ass)drop sent me an email about their latest drop. Meme me on these headphones. What am I looking at here?

Attached: unnamed (1).jpg (1500x1000, 191K)

FIND a flatter headphone.

worth 1500 bucks
rebranded elear
buy or die

dropbox.com/s/zr5tqw0qojom9uh/Sennheiser HD650.pdf?dl=0

Attached: 1187119.jpg (672x1000, 97K)

*wishes they looked like

How are they?

Attached: ss+(2018-07-09+at+06.10.54).png (322x484, 82K)

Oh my fuck I just saw the price. Jesus. I bought the TH-X00 from them a year ago.

Attached: 1515699440857.jpg (482x549, 57K)

It's an Elear with Clear pads. Measures like the Clear, sounds better. Supposedly.

Now the proud owner of the HD6XX, gotta say I was unsure at first coming from the 400i's but with the tube amp they really have a kick to them. Can anyone reccomend some tubes to replace the stock ones?

Attached: IMG_20180709_221809_790.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

God they look nice. Shame about the excursion issues. I miss my Elears.

What are you listening to? youtube.com/watch?v=AEJ9dXaMIuE

Attached: teehee.png (1378x652, 3.43M)

Did anyone see good deals from the 25% google express sale? I was going to get 579s but they don't sell them.

Is there any guide for Stax headphones and amps? I want to buy used and there are so many models I can't understand what to look for.

>They have to burn in for 60 hours brah

Attached: 1517429337730.png (645x729, 105K)

If it's pro bias it's fine. That's about it.

Anyone have them?

Attached: 10073774.jpg (2576x1448, 1.34M)

what's your budget, but get the 353x amp or the new d50 and then the L300 LE or L700 or 009S depending on your budget

the joke is that people who continuously post cute anime pictures tend to be depraved & hideous losers

Yeah, they're pretty good. Can't say I've tried some of the other commonly memed IEMs in the price range though.

LOL yea. the true amount of needed burn in is 50,000 hours minimum.

I just bought some Koss Porta Pros last week and they sound great. Today however they made some sort of light snap noise when I was putting them on and one of the swivel cups became loose. They're still usable and the sound hasn't been affected, but is it normal for the swivel cups to get loose? Just wanted to make sure so I can return/exchange them while I still can

I need some earbuds for running, any recs? Preferably something cheap (

Koss has a lifetime warranty, you're covered if they break.

You don't because you have gone too far from diminishing returns. Most people telling you to get them on here don't even have stax.

Attached: 1530857955962.png (554x439, 152K)

I am not interested in buying new.
I wanted to try them long before Stax meme started.

Attached: img_66.jpg (2048x1228, 503K)

SRM-313 combo is great, it'll come with a solid amp and good headphones too. I like the older STAX sound over the newer stuff (excepting the L700, that's something else once you adjust the tonality).

>slightly off model
Unless guy has a super tiny head, those are drawn like 1/2 size. Also, aren't those $400 headphones? What exactly is a jk doing for work to afford those?

I got tired of paying the $8 s/h fee plus the cost to ship the old ones back after the 3rd time I broke mine. The porta-pros are flimsy as fuck.

I have a package containing something cool (audio related) coming by sea from the UK in a few weeks. If you guys wish I will post the contents in here when it arrives. N-no bully t-though.

Attached: __hatsune_miku_vocaloid_drawn_by_tantan_men_dragon__1c63164aea6b99c2f264aac1d21794f3.jpg (790x1024, 466K)

Do you mean Stax SRS-3030? With SR-303 headphones.

Yeah, I'm retarded. That's the one.

I WISH I WERE A CUTE GIRL WHY BOTHER LIVING THIS GAY LIFE

I have stax. So can you tell me why you like them without placebo and Audiophoolery.
Are they worth it? To me. Not really.

Attached: Sugerpill.jpg (970x434, 53K)

post pics of setup, no you don't

Your mom haha, get fucked

Can you please remove this stupid picture? Thanks.

Why would someone purchase headphones that cause balding, not to mention, aren't even driver matched

they sound good

that was caused by stax zapping, stax headphones zap whoever wears them

Can you delet this please? Thanks and thank you

holy fuck you're actually mad lmfao

Stax are driver matched and perfect, so that's impossible

I'm mad that stax gets away with zapping consumers hair away and also fatally killing people who wear stax headphones

Is there somewhere you can post your headphones and find which anime girl wears them?

kekekekekek you're mad as fuck, silly hd600 owner

>victoriously
vicariously

Onions 600 owners are so easy to bully haha

Not really

Attached: Stax_SR-303_LeftRight_-_-_HDM1_-_50_20-20k_-_fr[1].png (620x369, 104K)

LOL HD600 s*yboys confirmed balding from both front and back.

Attached: HorribleSubs_Asobi_Asobase_01_480p.mkv_snapshot_03.01.jpg (853x480, 41K)

stax owners risk fatal zapping every time they grab their 580 volt (!!!!!) headphones

actually it's more like 1100 Vpp stator to stator, voltagelet

The human ear is trash. You are and will always will be limited to 20khz at best. That's if a ear infection dose not give you tinnitus or wax or a noise you have no control over or your jaw alignment is or gets fucked. If you lose a tooth or get a tumor at the back of your ear or just old age. No you can't hear the diffence between them DACs no that wire dose no change anything YOU can hear. No your electrostatic 50khz range make no difference to YOU. Yes you buy HD600!

Attached: 152762134177.png (325x247, 29K)

They're shipped but I don't have them in hand yet.

nice try but stax owners masterrace can hear up to 5 megahertz unlike balding 600 owners on suicide watch KEK

Lol why are you so mad bro, it was just a joke haha. I don't mind if you use your headphones bro, just don't get angry if someone mistakes your headphones as a kitchen counter top haha

They say your ears adapt to whatever you listen to, right? I don't see why your ears shouldn't be able to adapt to a higher frequency range lol

Yeah, now I get it.

I took one of those online tests and couldn't hear anything over 14k. Should I just give up and buy some Beats?

My ears are capable of hearing 1dB 5 Megahertz EM waves. In fact, I can percieve gamma ray radiation with my ears.

there's more to high quality audio than the frequency range. there's also a lot more than the frequency response, which is something that can be changed easily using EQ. it's weird that hpg focuses on these things. musically the highest registers add nearly nothing at all.

Frequency response is the easiest to perceive and measure, meaning it's the easiest thing to shitpost about. It's also important for ultrabrainlets who don't want to learn to EQ, which is most of /hpg/ unfortunately.

Meme version of some senheisser with shitty cables.

Best Airpod-style earbuds for restless sleepers?

work on your sleeping habits instead of working even more devices into your sleep which just fucks everything up even more you clod

I'm depressed and I'm going to buy the Stax 009S and the D50 when it comes out to try and cheer myself up.

no do the 009S + BHSE instead

That's escapism brother, very dangerous path you are treading.

What are some decent headphones for under 25$ ?

Attached: 1_fJPXesHa1mQ3xCavMVDLzw.jpg (1200x628, 137K)

no shitphones

hd600

How about the HD 429?

see

Gross

Which one?

HD445?

>D50

Wait for others to make sure it's not overheating.

no shitphones

hasn't stax been designing that thing for like 8 years

Stax amps don't overheat

>b.but muh nutralityy
innerfidelity.com/content/neutral-sound-possible-recording-mastering-engineer-weighs

Attached: 1431034285097.jpg (234x250, 10K)

Hello Jow Forumsentlemen, I have recently purchased the HD800 for a whooping 22.25$ which had a far far better quality compared to the HD700. I can't believe rich non-time travellers would actually pay 5K USDs these days for an "unreleased headset" that is only 15% better than the HD600. The HD800 on the other hand in 2020 is far far above the HD600 by 200% in quality. No retarded bass and no retarded microphone that easily breaks the rest of the wiring transmission. You can modify to hear those small subtle sounds running in the background under the motif and lead instruments, sounds like the wind and non-discernable sounds that you'd normally have to edit the sound file yourself to hear them. /mu/ is going to be so jealous.

Attached: 1516807376991.jpg (310x229, 15K)

Poorlyb sealed btw

>/mu/
no shitboards

Rafe is a retard, anything written on IF after Tyll left is worthless garbage.

after tyll left there's literally no good audio site left that I respect in any way

>Rafe is a retard
Who? That was writen by an actual engineer, don't know what you are talking about.
Maybe reading before commenting would be smarter.