Whats the fastest way to learn c++ Jow Forums?

whats the fastest way to learn c++ Jow Forums?

Attached: 1530567033811.jpg (860x794, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

doc.rust-lang.org/book/second-edition/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Start from A.

Read a book

you can't learn it, you can only get less incompetent writing it.

From anonymous image boards.

You could head to the Edx's "introduction to c++" course by Microsoft.

You can also read the LearnCPP tutorials, which you can very easily find with Google.

ill check out learncpp, thanks user.
is there any recommended books out there or are they all generally the same?

doc.rust-lang.org/book/second-edition/index.html

Learn Rust instead.

Attached: rust-blk.png (512x512, 6K)

Rust is a cult.

Avoid.

I actually have heard about rust and heard its the best combination of C++ and C. I'm definitely a beginner, but would it be wise to dive straightfoward into rust? or would C++ be a wiser choice??

> its the best combination of C++ and C.
Fucking hell.
I have no idea who the hell is telling you shit like this, but you should never listen to him again.
Even without going into why Rust sucks, it is unlike C.
Just learn fucking C. You can learn it in 2 weeks or maybe 4, then you can decide if you need the rest.
protip: you maybe even won't ever need anything except for C.
Rust is a crutch. Don't learn it. Learn how to use Valgrind and your debugger instead.

If you want to get a job in the near future, then learn C++. But it's a fucking clusterfuck of a language. If you want to dabble in systems programming without regard for whether or not you can get a job with your chosen language in the near future, you'll have a much better time learning Rust.

thanks anons, seems pretty straightfoward from here. ill start out by checking out c++

Attached: 1527490572872.png (362x242, 63K)

No tutorial or book is going to show you all of the features of the language. You may not even use templates in any real capacity in your day to day code other than interacting with standard containers or algorithms, and they're one of the most powerful features of the language. Just focus on learning the syntax with some simple programs (e.g. try making a basic text adventure) and then start perusing the std:: namespace and reading blog posts/articles on what features interest you. You're fortunate to be starting after C++11/14/17 began cleaning up the language and reducing boilerplate, so you won't spend hours typing shit like
std::map lol = ns::do_thing();

And Jow Forums might kill me, but I just suggest getting VS2017 Community Edition just so you can save the pain of learning the compiler/linker process in depth for later. The debugger and editor are nice as well.

Pick a small subset of it and fuck the rest. Learn all the C++11/14/17 features like auto all over the place and lambdas and fuck the rest. Better yet don't even learn classes because OOP was a mistake to begin with. Fuck C backwards compatibility just ignore all the old broken code. Learn CMake and don't learn some platform specific version of C++ like whatever the pajeets use on windows.

What if I'm not a fag?

>but I just suggest getting VS2017 Community Edition
ive used vs2012, wasn't really a fan of it in all honesty, but if there isn't a solid alternative (at least for newcomers) ill give it another go

Then you wouldn't be on Jow Forums, dumbass.

Also learn the STL, and it covers most pointless algorithm trivia shit you would be asked in interviews.

It's a lot nicer now, and the Community edition is more or less the full thing with some of the collaboration tools stripped out and a few others I forget. The UI is really modern and has a nice dark theme if that's what you prefer, and Intellisense really is helpful especially if you're learning.

>so you can save the pain of learning the compiler/linker process in depth for later
Which will come back to fuck you at some point.
Also the C++ std is really like its namesake, it sucks and you won't get rid of it.
The only difference is that the latter means you probably had sex at least.

Why C++ and not C?
C++ is an abomination. Just stay clear from it.
It's a cancerous growth. It does provide some abstractions, but they are all implemented in the most unreasonable manner possible.
It's really like they gave it their very best to make the language suck really hard.
C meanwhile is simple, to the point and readable.
There isn't much to the language, which makes it perfect.

>C++ is an abomination. Just stay clear from it.
t. haven't used C++ since C++03

Go back to you mentally ill faggot

>Learn C
>learn how to use clases
>???
>Profit

Get the fuck out of my industry and stop devaluing my fucking work.

this but unironically

I have used C++ extensively. Also Boost and such shit.
It's garbage. Real garbage. The most horrible shit I have ever touched.
I get angry thinking about how the world could let something like this happen.
How can programmers be so completely braindead mouthbreathing fucking retards as to like C++s "features" is beyond me.

You're not offering specific criticisms, but I will agree Boost is awful to work with.

Boost is THE prime example of what C++11 is supposed to look like.
If you are not programming like in the Boost library, then you are not programming C++11.
This is the accepted dogma for a lot of C++tards.
As for criticism, I practically detest everything that is different from C apart from maybe operator/function overloading.
There is no need for anyone to repeat everything that is wrong and why it is wrong for a millionth time.
It's just a waste of time to do so.
Also, I'm not 100% on function/operator overloading. Lately I've been thinking that it's kind of unnecessary.