Problematic Parabola install - need help again

I'm having so much headache with this OS, spending entire days just to get it to work the way I want it to. I have some questions, maybe I could get some help before I end it all.

I installed OpenRC in order to replace systemd.
After a bunch of fixes, here are the problems I have left.
>How do I connect to the internet now?
wcid doesn't work, network manager doesn't work, nothing works. Or at least I don't know how to get it to work. None of the documentation online helps.
>My screen keeps flickering on xfce4, with or without a compositor
>How to get a login screen instead of logging in from the console and starting x
Tried everything I can find, every link, doesn't work.

For those of you who have Parabola working with OpenRC, how'd you do it? Can you help a newfag retard out?

Attached: 480x480.jpg (480x480, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nullr0ute.com/2016/09/connect-to-a-wireless-network-using-command-line-nmcli/
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Display_manager
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Compton
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>wcid doesn't work, network manager doesn't work, nothing works.
lunix & freetard shit in a nutshell

this, just use Windows or Mac

As a newfag retard you should be using systemd.

If you "don't wanna" you should at least be capable of setting up your fucking network without it. openrc has wpa_supplicant dhclient/dhcpcd bullshit that should be more than enough, if you are stuck its because you are out of your depth.

Also that said, your a fucking retard if you want to use anything other than systemd/networkmanager unless you have some extremely niche needs, like severe autism.

install gentoo

I can't, my X200 is librebooted
Okay, but how do I use that to get it to work? Literally all the wikis say "run __ package" but then they don't say how.
When I type NetworkManager, it just says that its already running. I can't use it to connect to the wifi.
I'm really considering Debian at this point.

bruh, nmcli
nullr0ute.com/2016/09/connect-to-a-wireless-network-using-command-line-nmcli/
There's also GUI tools obviously, which you can install with pacman.

Attached: nmcli.png (699x450, 60K)

NetworkManager is a service, you need to run something like nm-applet to provide a user interface.

It was also in the manpage for NetworkManager

Attached: RTFM.png (267x33, 5K)

RTFM dumbass. Not your personal tech support.

And the Arch Wiki (great place for GNU/Linux info in general, and especially in your case because Parabola's based on it) explains what packages to install for the GUI window and for the systray applet, along with quite a lot of other information about NetworkManager configuration.

Attached: Archwiki.png (418x81, 17K)

>guy goes freedom
>instead of celebrating, Jow Forums bullies him, suggests windows and mac
Sad state of Jow Forums tbqh

>How to get a login screen instead of logging in from the console and starting x
For that you need a display manager. Do you know what that is?
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Display_manager
There's various ones to choose from, with LightDM and SDDM being my personal favorites. Once you install one of those, you'd then need to start and enable the service. The Arch Wiki only gives Systemd instructions, but i'm sure if you've gotten this far you know how to do that sort of thing on OpenRC.

As other posters have suggested, RTFM

>guy goes full freetard
>self-admitted newbie
>keeps asking Jow Forums to spoonfeed him
Fuck off.

Attached: 1505938541989.jpg (538x1085, 117K)

Buying a system with libreboot and refusing to use systemd isn't freedom, its idiocy.

Jow Forums has many proprietary software shills. It's sad.
I do think OP should just go with Debian, or maybe PureOS, as it's officially FSF approved now, but assuming he wants to stick with Parabola even though it appears to be too complex for him at this time, I am doing what I can to offer him advice.

Well, this works. Wonder why I couldn't find that at all on the Parabola/arch wikis.
Thanks, installed
Yeah but when you admit that you're new and unfamiliar with it, Jow Forums starts to help.
I'm trying

Also, do I need to do nmcli each and every time on startup? Or does it connect for me right away?

I'm also having the problem of xfce4 flickering below the mouse

Flickering might be screen tearing issues. Something that happens on XFCE4 for some folks because it doesn't come with a compositor. You might benefit from installing Compton.
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Compton

For whether you need to run the stuff every time, I couldn't say. I only have installed GNU/Linux on desktop workstations and servers. I do keep the wireless stuff in mind for when I get a GNU/Linux lappy at some point in the future (probably a purism)

Okay well I rebooted so I know that the wifi works now.

I have compton running right now actually. Set up, too.
I killed it and turned it on again. Still flickering, regardless of it running.

Strange enough, if I type startx into the terminal as root, the flickering is gone. It must be how I wrote my .xinitrc

Satan quads proves you're correct