What would you guys reccomend for a closed quarter fps/rpg game engine wise...

what would you guys reccomend for a closed quarter fps/rpg game engine wise. I am looking at server side saved character system multiple classes fps but with leveling and abilities and weapons to train in. But I am stuck on which engine would be the better choice for it. I have some code for it in C# but lets say I go for a fresh start whats best option or should I just try to include the C#.

Attached: Unity-3d-vs-Unreal-engine.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

You won't do shit.
Fuck your dumb game.

LOL wut its like i posted on /b/ instead of G

im not making some cancer br game or overwatch why you hating.

We get this shitty question every few days.
Use fucking google and look at the fucking engines yourself, you fucking underage newfaggot.
If you can't even make an educated choice about something like this, how the hell do you expect to make a whole game?
Gonna ask Jow Forums every time there is a problem? No. So just fuck off.

LOL I didnt ask you to code it for me was a simple question. I have used google there isnt really a genre for what I am making hence no real information on it. Also its already fucking done in C# but I wanted to make sure I chose the right engine before comitting the time for it. Choke on a dick kid. It took you longer to shitpost than it did for an actual decent response.

>It's already done in C#
>I want to make sure it's the right choice

You want me to tell you how I know this is bullshit? Because if it really was already done in C# you would already know that Unity is also C# therefore your best option for implementing the game.

Please use google and common sense

was already done and working in a much older engine. Not bullshit at all this was work done a long time ago its getting revamped and updated. Could you shit post any harder? what are you 12? seriously like I can't understand the rage its like the fortnite community suddenly jumped on Jow Forums to reply to ppl.

You've already started your shit in c# so might as well stick with works with it, otherwise you'd find your self either using mono to find some implementation, which is going to be buggy as fuck, or you're going to spend more time learning uscript and c++. Either way OP is a faggot. This belongs in stupid questions general...

Atleast some sense in this reply thanks. That was all I needed to know.

>what would you guys reccomend for a closed quarter fps/rpg game engine wise

Learn vulkan and write it yourself

unreal is better for polished studio shooters

unity is better for one man projects and has more versatility

Thank you both this helps a ton even tho its not asking much really appreciate it hope anyone else can get the responses they need like these to. Looking into vulkan real quick but leaning towards unity.

can you do a game using vim, git, krita/gimp, blender and linux? is it possible?

I code in straight C with OpenGL like a real OG. No fairy game engine with their dumbed down GUI even a monkey could use it. I code my math libraries using an enoumous linear algebra book for reference. Get on my level, nigga.

I use blender, krita, treed, and unreal engine for mine.

Attached: 21A25144-5542-4289-BB00-45EC7BF8B1B4.jpg (1870x1148, 363K)

Godot

Sure, its just more effort.

This actually looks decent, user. How long did it take you and did you program any of it yourself/have to learn programming?

I worked on it for about 10 weeks. I came from unity so I know c#, but the blueprint system was difficult starting off (still is, send help.). But the terrain settings, the grass settings so I can use my own grass models, the foliage system, and of course the material shaders and instances is my favorite part and the main reason I switched from unity. Even though I can’t learn behavior/blackboards for the life of me.

Godot. UE4 is bloat, Unity is even worse and more difficult/expensive to optimize.

Make your own engine.

Attached: DgeDg-TU8AAbRww.jpg (543x508, 36K)

only the editor is bloated. the build you can compile takes up very little hdd space

Godot.
It absolutely demolishes both engines both in performance and visual quality.

And you don't need to pay a license because its FOSS.

stop projecting user

Is dx12 just a wrapper over gdi?

>Godot
But to be honest, Jow Forums isn't the place to ask.

C with SDL2

USE GODOT YOU PIECE OF FECES

Is godot really this good?

I released a Unity game for iOS and sometimes work on my own little project in Unreal.
I would probably have picked Unity for my game if I knew how complicated Unreal is. Simple shit takes so much code, getting animations from Blender to Unreal sucks and most of the functionality is irrelevant to my game. On the other hand, you have much more freedom since its open source and C++.
Really depends on what your game should do.

If you have to ask, you aren't going to amount to much. That's my nicer way of saying what said.

But I'd say Unity because UE4's royalty is too high. It should really only be 5% on the first $1mil per year and drop to 1% after that.
You can negotiate an upfront license instead, say pay 100k and then only have a 1% royalty (as an example, not that exact amount), but then you need 100k up front.

It's ok.
UE4 really doesn't perform as well as you'd think/hope. Though it does have some very useful features built in that Godot is far from having.

Ue4

if this was actually true then you would mostly be reading several smaller books containing advanced algorithms. Unless you're reading one of those "3d graphics" course books in which case you're just copy pasting implementations from a book instead of stack overflow

Is it a desktop or mobile game? Consoles forget it

source 2, unreal still has optimization/texture popin problems in the year of our lord 2018, unity games look like garbage with draw distances in the tens of inches and a hilarious inability to handle large sized textures or complex objects

Ue4 works fine on actual decent games like gow4 and fartshite on a technical level

>works good on literally one game

Devs are retarded ofc I expect epic mega games to use their own engines right

>inventing a new genre
>unable to research two popular engines
lel