*deploys your system directly from repo load-balanced with fail over over your servers in couple of lines of codes...

>*deploys your system directly from repo load-balanced with fail over over your servers in couple of lines of codes within a minute*

Why do we need system administrators again?
Why are they mad that they are getting replaced by a funny looking whale?

Attached: Docker_logo_011.0.png (1200x800, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

labs.play-with-k8s.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>left-pad is removed, your whole infrastructure goes down for a week
FUCKING WHALES!

>Why do we need system administrators again?
to make you change all your passwords right before a big deadline
also, who will block all useful reference websites and make you fill an order every time you have to google some obscure error message outside stackoverflow

System administrators don't exist anymore
Now we do devops, fun

I don't even know what that thing is.
Although you're very much right that sysadmins in the traditional sense will be replaced, or rather, they need to learn AWS

did the artist ever see a whale before?

I don't know why but I can't figure out for the life of me how to use this for useful shit

How many more times are you going to post this same thread about docker eliminating sysadmins?

I will do it until I get banned.

>Now we do devops, fun
That was what we did in the 90's, but it was with cgi and perl scripts.

This is just what modern sysadmins use. They won't die, they'll just adapt.

containers (not docker, containers) are the greatest tech advancement in the last decade

>are the greatest tech advancement in the last decade
They've been around longer than that.
Solaris 10 in 2005 had zones. Sun should have stopped making hardware and became a software giant.

Sysadmin here, im quitting at the end of the year . I CBF learning all this goofy kubernetes cloud shit

Do sysadmin jobs involve good old NIS+/NFS and Kerberos anymore? Maybe an occasional sendmail request to fix?

kubernetes documentation is god tier, you should not need anything else

you can also test your dummy clusters with labs.play-with-k8s.com/

almost anything but your app is managed by cloud vendors now, but you need better devs to understand devops and also ops guys which are mostly former devs

Who is doing cloud based nfs?

Why would you use NFS over public internet? It has shit security and is optimized for a high speed LAN.

I wouldn't, but dude said it was being cloud based now. Is he lying?

Probably a misunderstanding. Maybe he meant NFS within a private VLAN on GCP/AWS? Should be possible..