pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread >News
nothing much really, just geekhack drama

Attached: girls_holding_Ducky_Shine_7s.jpg (1080x720, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

danluu.com/keyboard-latency/
kck.st/2tWmJlG
youtu.be/2_Z2G0aKl80
humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/
aliexpress.com/item/21-Key/32812732361.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: keyboard plus.jpg (2200x1467, 1.27M)

keyboards are for boomers

computers are for boomers

Attached: boomer tech.jpg (480x360, 8K)

I just ordered this

Varmilo Z104M

good price, and it looks okay
hopefully it's not shit

Attached: varmillo.jpg (1200x759, 303K)

what's a computer? you sound like a boomer

Anyone here bother learning colemak? Was it worth the effort?

god i wish that were me holding the pink one

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: fadesfd.jpg (640x480, 52K)

Just got my box whites

Can confirm they are amazing

Rhino is a qt

Yeah, I've used ANSI layouts throughout my whole life, I'm fine with it.

>buy my first mechanical keyboard
>not getting enough (You)s to get good use out of it

Feelsbadman

RATE NOW! 0 to 10! GOOGOOGOOGOGO!

Does that `girl`on the right have armpit hair?

Wish they were a bit more tactile, but they're really, really good.

Can anybody here who has experience with Ergodox comment on sculpted keys vs uniform keys? I have no idea which is better.
For reference, I plan on using them with the closer-end elevated, kind of like a Kinesis Advantage2. (Will that even work well?)

Attached: 1520990174866.jpg (800x1000, 64K)

Sculpted is better than a uniform profile to be honest. DSA makes sense for something with curved columns like a kinesis, dactyl, etc.

Attached: IMG_20180322_150600.jpg (2934x1566, 846K)

cherry based keyboards lag 30ms
filco based keyboards lag 30ms
topre based keyboards lag 55ms

your niche diy/rare keyboard probably lags 60ms

0.2ms 30$ red/blue switch keyboards have existed for 2 years.

get with the times time to upgrade that 300$ you wasted on shit.

more info for you to cry over
danluu.com/keyboard-latency/

ordering an HHKB because I like how it sounds and the layout motivates me to get better at vim!

reply ONLY to support my purchasing decision (:

my first mechanical keyboard! a GMMK with speed navy thick clicks and some transparent keycaps to hold me over til the ones i ordered off massdrop get here.
im loving it so far, thanks /mkg/ for infecting me with your autism and making me upgrade from a cheap logitech chiclet keyboard.

Attached: 2018-07-10 01.34.16.jpg (3264x1836, 1.97M)

Either the good beamspring, or a 107 key 4704.

Isn't the 5231 or whatever supposedly better?

What are whites again?

Workman master race

ok but which are they

true

Attached: IMG_20180409_182605_HHT.jpg (4000x3000, 2.62M)

>tfw typing on 30ms switches

Attached: 1529419935373.jpg (640x480, 126K)

kck.st/2tWmJlG
Should I buy this? It's a full mechanical keyboard with optical keys that lets you give analog input on every key by mimicking controller inputs. The stem are Cherry MX cap compatible.

Attached: 88b8963ca447005a47ca518a29211f95_original.gif (500x500, 842K)

I type on an ergodox since at least 1 year and a half, can confirm. Is anybody here from Switzerland and can borrow me a Kinesis Advantage?

I've tried both and the 3278 feels better

Are you the guy that went to the new york meetup thingy?

I plannig to buy the "AUKEY KM-G8"

Is it a good choice?

>Location
USA
>Preferred switch type
Browns will do blues are proving to be slightly too heavy
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
TKL numpad is too big
>Backlight
Yes
>Previous/current keyboards
Steelseries with cherry reds and currently using a flico with cherry blues

Is ortholinear a meme? What about ergodex

Anyone done the research on the best keyboard available in eastern europe (poland)? I like the look of filco and ducky but can't find them anywhere. Is overpaying for shipping my only choice?

Split ortho is objectively better than staggered. Curved is even better.
Non-split ortho (like a Plank) is highly subjective, I personally like it a lot but it's not for everyone.

End game keyboard, get this if you want no regrets.

Attached: IMG_2948.jpg (1125x2217, 323K)

>flat non-split layout

>Isn't the 5231 or whatever supposedly better?
Nope. 3278 has the better layout and better caps. Thomas just says the 5231 is better because it's the one he was able to buy and own. The man is not immune to the same leanings as the rest of us.

I planning to answer you.

is it a good choice?

Yes, other people also said the same thing too

Attached: 20180616_142343.jpg (4032x3024, 3.97M)

too early, let the technology mature first.

>not asking them to make a separate numpad/macropad with full switch range instead
gaymers are stupid

dude, pls

>boomers
Not an argument.
Also, when did boomer become an insult?

>I've used ANSI layouts throughout my whole life, I'm fine with it.
I grew up with ANSI but switched to ISO for a rather weird reason: I resented that extra-huge key between backspace and enter on the ANSI keyboard. I mean, wtf man, wtf.

>the good beamspring
Oh yeah. There's a nice one on Deskthority right now for sale, but its probably already priced up over a thousand USD.

>more info for you to cry over
>danluu.com/keyboard-latency/
Meh. If you are just typing into websites ā€” and who hasn't thought of this use case ā€” then you'll do just fine even with a 60ms lag. You won't notice it. Your brain will cover for the lag quite nicely.

It's only the gamers who will suffer.

Filco Majestitouch 2 broke on me, now using old Ducky Shine. Both have blue switches. Any recommendations on something to replace the Filco with?

Heyyy, fellow GMMK user. It's nice, isn't it? It is so easy to swap out the keys on this puppy.

Here's mine. Miami Keycaps (doubleshot ABS) on top of Kailh BOX Whites.

Attached: IMG_4923.jpg (3153x1454, 889K)

I can't help but notice that you're using your reseller code instead of a real link. That makes you a spammer in this thread.

>What are whites again?
Kailh BOX Whites are 45g clicky switches with the innovative click bar. Surely you've watched the YT video all about them?
youtu.be/2_Z2G0aKl80

Thought something was fishy with using a truncated link.

I have no idea who Thomas is, I'm just bad at remembering numbers. Thanks for the info.

I know about the box switches but I didn't really pay much attention to the ones without a heavy clickbar.

He only posted his spammy discount code twice on Jow Forums, which does show a surprising amount of restraint.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 19.20.26.png (596x547, 139K)

is this the assblasted mod?

>I know about the box switches but I didn't really pay much attention to the ones without a heavy clickbar.
Oh yeah, I have both a Kailh BOX Blue and a BOX Jade in my switch tester. They are STIFF keys. Like, woah stiff!

They remind me of ancient beige keyboards from the 1980s which had mechanically latching Caps Lock keys. They are that stiff.

Yeah I just finished replacing the gateron blues on my tada68 with jades, it's much heavier to press but sounds and feels orgasmic. A real clack-clack-clack as opposed to the virgin tick-tick-tick of normal MX style switches. Navies are way too heavy though - I put one under my spacebar because why not, but I wouldn't type on them.

Do you know if whites have the same clickbar as pinks/bronze? I have some of those, and speed aside I'm not particularly impressed. Like, it's good, and probably a bit better than the traditional clicky slider, but nothing to be terribly excited about.

>Do you know if whites have the same clickbar as pinks/bronze?
I dunno about the pinks, but I have the bronze as well. They seem wimpier, but it's hard to tell if that is due to the spring inside or to the click bar itself. My guess is Kailh only has two weightings of click bar, so yeah, the bronze probably has the same click bar as the whites.

The jades are really nice, but even in my switch tester, I can feel my fingers getting tired after just a few presses. I prefer the low weights more myself, 45g ideally, 55g if I have to.

Pink is literally bronze with a different slider colour, nothing interesting.
>I prefer the low weights more myself, 45g ideally, 55g if I have to.
Isn't Jade rated at 60g? And Navy at 80, which is obviously far too heavy. But 60g is almost 55g.
I liked "glide-typing" on my gat blues as well, but I'm really enjoying clacking on these jades. To each their own I guess.

Boomers have always been hated. It's a gen z thing

How is the Vortex RACE 3?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

I liked it but I got mine with browns so it's been sitting in it's box for a few months.

try pale blues now

Can I get a recommendation on a good gaming pad for FPS? I use a Model M and repeating keystrokes take a suffering.

Attached: 1531184373349.jpg (662x960, 40K)

humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/ I'd like to see yours

whats wrong with browns

Vinnie's macropad that was linked several times recently, maybe someone can post the link again

Attached: 1531247789359.jpg (4032x2268, 1.38M)

Sounds like something a boomer would say

>tries ddg once

Attached: 8rfwfr.png (658x348, 36K)

>was linked several times
aliexpress.com/item/21-Key/32812732361.html
Do you mean this? If so I'd feel bad for remembering when it was posted

I don't like them. Too mushy. I would rather have more tactility or linear. But it was my first non gaymer mech so I learned I will never get browns again.

sculpted caps = better ergonomics
uniform caps = can put caps wherever and it won't be weird

if you need the space but still like a numpad, the masterkeys pro m has a numpad for the nav cluster and you can swap between them.
there's an option for cherry brown and it is backlit

How do you deal with basically no kecap sets supporting workman? Just get a uniform profile? Or leave the board with qwerty caps?

A very nice keyboard. I got mine with browns too, and Iā€™m in love.

Im looking for an actual gaming pad tho

What does it matter? I've got qwerty, blank, and uniform sets, as well as runic canvas XDA on order, it's not like it makes any difference when typing.

What's an "actual gaming pad" for you? Mine has more keys than the razer hand thingy, speed switches everywhere, and even different switches on WASD. It's literally only for gaming.

If that's not enough for you just buy the razer PoS, maybe replace the switches if you care

He clearly needs to look down at the keys still.

Yea I guess. Still would be nice to have the keycaps actually match the layout you're using.

Is this thing nice build quality wise and as far as basic programmability goes? Could use a nice cheap numpad like that if it is

It's normal acrylic. The tolerances are good, the case is pretty smooth once assembled. The PCB is sturdy and neat but half the underglow diode symbols are backwards for some reason (literally just test before you solder to get the direction right and you're good). The most noticeable "flaw" on mine is that the left foot in pic related is slightly off-centre (it's not perspective, it's actually like that), which doesn't actually change anything in practice.

That said I ordered the kit and assembled it myself so I can't comment on the quality of their building and soldering.

Attached: 1531253765138.jpg (2268x4032, 1.23M)

thanks

HA!

just skip cherry switches altogether

Why? Poor builds?

Mine just arrived today with blues, first impression is great so far would recommend.

cherry switches are like filco keyboards
they used to be one of the very few offerings available so people had no choice but to get them but these days there are a ton of switches that offer better tactility, smoother presses or a more satisfying sound at either the same price or less (or in some cases more but then they're way better)

Ha!

Attached: ha.jpg (500x751, 41K)

If you can't touch type yet, LEARNCOLEMAK it is so much easier to touch type with it your fingers don't have to do 360s and 180s just because the layout is retarded.

however if you already touch type it is going to be painful for a little improvement.

Wow. That' autistic.

Attached: 1512394341945.png (394x549, 522K)

Oh yeah, I have since then. Waiting for some navies to come in.

What do you think about this.
It's based on preonic but a little more ergonomic, and added 2 keys because my thumbs would be bored.
The thumb keys are positioned by printing out designs and putting my hand on them.

Attached: file.png (1282x628, 28K)

I started out with staggered columns also but then I realized it would fuck up WASD too much.

Just get an atreus62 to be honest familia.

yep that seems pretty close to what I designed, except it has staggered columns.
Also I'm designing it from the ground up to save money, so why not customize it a little. So far it seems the whole thing will cost under $60