How do I stop this shit?

Attached: gooogle.png (763x473, 20K)

No idea it's bothering me too

Use duckduckgo

Make more images of beef and cows?

stop using google

Write a Greasemonkey script

Dunno but it fucking sucks

why does that happen? to trigger the autists?

Install gentoo

they think they're helping the normies but they're not measuring the right things

>they think they're helping the normies
no, this is just what the design team tells payroll. Gotta invent some problems to solve to keep your job every once in a while.

Fuck off with your dumb advice.

Install gentoo

Attached: 1155123421306.jpg (284x500, 30K)

totes broo, total annoyance

Easily solved if you don't use literal botnets

Never noticed that, because if I search for something on google, I just look at the results and not whatever shit is on top.
If I needed maps or images, I'd have typed gm or gi into my adress box.
But yeah, that's retarded.
Id assume that google assumes that when you search for beef, you might want to know news about the latest food scandal or that you actually want to buy some, whereas with cows, you probably want cute videos (but why is shopping before news? How buys a cow online?), whereas a ranch, you probably want directions, because obviously google has to know which ranch you mean, when you type "how I drive ranch?" into google (and they probably do know which one you mean…)
Fuck, the web is broken.

>year of our lord
>google

LAD STATUS: WEW

just wait and google will improve it as time goes on.

Attached: 1507211688392.jpg (300x295, 48K)

this is the only right answer. install a local searx instance or find a public one you like and use that instead. google search and all their other services for that matter are getting worse by the month. they are experimenting with how much censorship and thought-policed results they can get away with without losing too many eye-balls. they no longer care about presenting you with the available search-results and are more concerned with which ones will "influence you correctly".

>recommending U.S. based privacy search

privacy doesn't exist, idiot

>implying duckduckgoy

Use DDG retard.

Attached: chyna_gpus3.jpg (901x1202, 167K)

Install gentoo

Autism

Attached: 1507215897176.png (1701x8000, 2.69M)

You wouldn't buy a cow

>Connect to a website
>Act surprised they know your IP address
>Act more surprised that they can use the IP address to approximate your location
Delete that part from the image. It shows how retarded you are.

as much as I agree with you, I haven't found a search engine that has been half as good as Google, to the point of being painful to use and me inevitably reverting back after a couple of days.

That's just you being a baby duck. Just deal with the growing pains instead of falling back to shit. This is why companies like Google, apple, and MS can get away with shitty products.

Install Gentoo and use Searx.

Fuck I hate that shit. Now they added a flights page too, so if you quickly Google a place and hit the first item it takes you to flights instead of maps like it used to.

Some user was pissed about it a couple weeks ago and wrote a script, not sure if he shared it though because people annoyed him. Try the archive.

they're not shitty products when they do exactly what I want them to do. big companies are shitty because they use immoral data farming practices, not because they need to, but because they can. problem is, i'm simply not willing to put up with fighting dumb string matching of searx and others, when i know Google is semantically aware of what CONTENT i'm searching for.

if there's a search engine out there that focuses on returning sane search results instead of just being "Anti-Google", then by all means point me towards it and i'll try it out.

>Uses a free product
>Unhappy with how free product performs
>Complains on 4cuck
How's life going user?

Google's random UI switches and removing the ability to go directly to the image with a button is proof that it is shitty. The data mining is just icing on the shit cake

>if you're not paying money for the product, then why are you complaining about the way it works?
how's life of logical fallacies treating you? let me guess, next you're gonna say, "if you're not happy with it, why don't you fix it / make your own?"

Attached: 4392222.jpg (393x600, 81K)

how about instead of pointing out flaws of Google Search like a broken record, you show me an alternative search engine that actually works as a search engine?

Explain what's wrong with it.

>make search that is commonly for maps
>maps in front
>make search that is commonly for images
>images in front

Prove it

sometimes what it thinks is irrelevant to your search is actually what you want and gets hidden away, so you have to search for the category. plenty of people have muscle memory of Web, Images, Maps in that order, so if it moves around they will intuitively click on the one they don't mean to by mistake. i still forget that i now have to go to "search tools" or some shit when i want to search for images of a certain size, for example.

Honestly it's just one click usually. If you're putting in a ton of different search terms, you're most likely looking for one content: Images, Maps, News, etc. Once you click them once, you'll be on the page for every search thereafter.

startpage

you don't need to explain to me the reasoning behind it, i understand it. just understand that some people do not like it and would rather have the option to keep categories in fixed positions.

think of it as when you become so familiar with the positions of UI elements you don't even need to look at them to know where and what they do. now you're forced to actually look at what you're clicking every single time because it moves around constantly.

the whole image is retarded lul
I dunno whats worse: it being shared by ignorant tards or people spending their time posting stuff they know is bullshit for... who knows ??

Use qwant

DDG works fine for me and for the few things that it doesn't work for me, I just use bangs. Stop being a consumer cuck

This. No matter how much of a botnet it is, you just can't even think about other alternatives in terms of relevancy and speed.
>inb4 shill

quit using google search, duh

>>Unhappy with how free product performs
Because it didn't used to be this fucking cancerous.
>2007
>Google some obscure topic
>entire first page is a whole bunch of self hosted websites that are directly related to that topic
>2012ish onwards
>Google obscure obscure topic
>maybe get a few relevant results
>search terms get equated tot tangentially related, but mainstream topics
>whole bunch of news reports and (news site) blog posts and op-eds
>all this also changes based on where you live, giving either right or left biased results
AI and analytics are fucking memes and they need to die.

Same here
>they think they're helping the normies
By acting against muscle memory? Courageous.

>that 30 y.o boomer who tries to look cool with a self-made junk meme

Attached: 1526764614099.png (376x349, 56K)

the worst thing about this is that it actually creates problems rather than solves them.

The energy required to move the mouse over your desired selection is close to 0. When you remember where the button is, it is even closer to 0. After about ten searches, it becomes muscles memory. One can find and hit "images" nearly instantly if it is always in the same place. There is little benefit accrued in moving the columns closer to the left side of the screen, the more likely it is they'll be clicked by the user, since moving the mouse requires little to no energy and habit makes it completely unnecessary.

So rather than solve the problem it is intended to, it actually creates one. Now instead of just remembering images is always the second column, you have to read them and figure it out anew, possibly with every search. If this takes half a second with every search, and somebody performs 15 searches a day, that is 7.5 seconds a day, a minute every week, 4 minutes a month, a little under 50 minutes a year. 50 minutes gone solving a problem created by Google.

Well how about the fact that the first tab will always be the one you will actually need (image tab for image related search, maps tab for location searches), isn't that easier than remembering tab order? So by your logic it's supposed to take even less time.

That justifies setting the first page response to that search category. That does not justify moving around the tabs. This way, if the algorithm makes a mistake and brings up maps, you don't have to linear search the tab grouping to change it. You don't have to search at all. You know already where web search is in relation to maps.

If you're a retard, that is.

>That justifies setting the first page response to that search category
And they already, sort of,does this (mini image results for image related search, mini-map for places, news articles for news related search, answer cards for questions etc.). But my point was that if you don't find what you're looking for in the first tab (which, kind of never happens) chances are they are in the NEXT tab. You don't even have to think about looking for the correct tab. Just go to the "next one", not the "correct one". It's really that simple.

You're Binging with the illusion of privacy.

Very convincing evidence

Seriously, how stupid are you? Do you even know in the slightest how a business or the Internet works?

what about Qwant?

>DDG uses nginx
>nginx can sometimes be used as an SSL termination proxy
>from what I read in the first paragraph of a Wikipedia article, that sounds insecure
christ, who made this infographic?

Also, them adding affiliate codes to Amazon doesn't actually reveal anything, other than the fact that you use DuckDuckGo. And they can already get that information from the referer header.

That NamesDB thing seems sketchy though.

lmao

Normies don't develop muscle memory.

Mom, I posted it again!

It's not perfect, but it's actually very good.