Good non systemd OS?

I give up on Parabola. No way to get it to work with OpenRC without a shit ton of bugs. No way to get it to work with a display manager, and it's just been 4 days straight of frustrations. Not even Arch was this hard.

Anyways, what's an easier/stable OS without systemdick? Which one should I install on my librebooted X200?

>Devuan
>Void linux
>Slackware
Any others?
I heard that Devuan is unstable and the main developer of Void got taken hostage by the CIA or something. I don't know about slackware though, just seems like it might be another barrel of frustrations like Parabola.

Attached: 1451965927111.jpg (413x366, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Linux_distributions_without_systemd
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Operating_systems_without_systemd
github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/INITIATION.md
nixers.net/showthread.php?tid=1704
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

install pic related

Attached: gentoo-g.png (180x180, 16K)

systemd is good though. Stop being an idiot.

>No way to get it to work with OpenRC without a shit ton of bugs
Such as?
>No way to get it to work with a display manager
Laughable bait.
There is a wiki with a nice step-by-step guide.
They even have little install scripts for dummies like you. Maybe try to read them for a bit if you're so bootyblasted.

Attached: Parabola-cli-2018-06-iso-scrot.png (720x540, 11K)

>GuixSD
>SysVinit'd Debian
>Any BSD
>Gentoo
>PCLinuxOS (This one's trivial to install)
>Puppy Linux
>MX Linux
Take your pick OP, if you don't want any headaches I'd say go with PCLinuxOS, it's trivial to install.

I used Void during one year, it just werks but some services are not available by default so you must either create them manually or use start them with a homemade script. When i decided to switch for Parabola the OpenRC iso was brocken with x so i just switched to the systemD version and it works perfectly, same boot time and services are easy to activate compared to runit (void) where many services are missing (syncthing for example).

PCLinuxOS. However, the dev will die very soon so I'm not sure it'll be viable in future.

I've got Parabola OpenRC on one of my machines, but I can confirm it was a pain. I think their minimal installer is literally broken and you have to use the xfce one or whatever.

GuixSD is pretty good, but it does a lot of things in a new way so prepare to read some documentation or ask for help in IRC.

Use SystemD. SystemD is a good thing. You like SystemD.

I can personally recommend void.

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Linux_distributions_without_systemd
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Operating_systems_without_systemd

Devuan

Great and stable as Debian, without systemd
And you can install it easily

MX Linux. Do it you will not regret it.

Why's that?

Slackware is so nice with slackpkg+ and sbotools so you have a stable base and and great selection of up to date sofware. You'll love its syplimcity

Void or Gentoo are the best options imo

This or CloverOS if you are too lazy to install Gentoo manually.

I would suggest Artix, it works fine for me, but sometimes the system becomes unusable because the maintainers are retards that like to experiment with their shit without giving a fuck about other people, they won't even make a message appear in pacman after a critical update. If you choose this way, most of the time it's gonna work just fine, but be careful about the blog. Nothing is unfixable, but it's so fucking annoying

openbsd is the leanest OS out there

one of the bsds? i use openbsd

GhostBSD is probably the easiest BSD. No systemd ever.

PCLinuxOS was the fucking shit back in the mid to late 2000's. Its a shame that the dev is going to pass away soon :( rip

literally cancer :(

Few of my friends are using Artix. They like it a lot.

Haiku

Do you really think you can live without systemd? It's bloated but it just works. If you don't want to use it anyway I recommend Void, they're not doing bad without the lead dev

literally install gentoo

>Devuan is unstable
How so? Didn't had problems when I use it? Anyway, install CRUX github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/INITIATION.md

Also making new packages is easy nixers.net/showthread.php?tid=1704

Attached: 68C6ECB4-E07A-43BA-BFBE-21E905A18738.jpg (400x400, 29K)

Holy shit :(

Windows

refracta
lfs

does it have a testing and unstable version like debian?

OP use systemd, you dont want to be a nag, do you?

This. Jow Forumsentoo master race. You can pry my openRC out of my cold, dead hands

Use OpenIndiana

Gentoo if you can and want to compile your system packages with your preferred flags. Else i would go with Devuan, it is pretty stable although it suffers from the same problem of Debian, being that packages are old in stable and if you want to use any newer version you have to use 'unstable' repos.

But user why would you deny systemd

Attached: 1531250818562.jpg (537x464, 44K)

>You can depclean my openRC out of my cold, dead hands

what the fuck?

Void is good if you want to get it up and running without spending a year compiling your kernal, software and dont want to mess with use flags. Otherwise, I'd go with big daddy Gentoo.

Op here.

Clearly you never installed it,
and these guys actually have.

Stop shilling, cia nigger

Yup, much less of a headache. Good package manager too. Still somewhat advanced, but I knew everything from my ~10 installations of arch and parabola.

Because it's too intrusive/too much for an init system. I've literally just started using linux for a month and pretty much everything in a systemd os has a 'd' at the end. It controls everything, rather than initializing stuff.

Anyways yeah I thought void was a meme but it's actually a fully functional, independent os without systemd and a fast init. It's welcoming to users of arch and/or parabola. It's got that -S thing that you have in pacman, which I need to have for some autistic reason.

Attached: Comodo.png (540x652, 571K)