So is Void just as shit as it was the last time I tried it a couple of months ago?

So is Void just as shit as it was the last time I tried it a couple of months ago?

Attached: Void_Linux_logo.svg.png (250x206, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sayonara-player.com/howto-build.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i never understood what drives people to try this. if you don't want systemd it's literally easier and less time consuming to use gentoo instead

>less time consuming
are you retarded, it takes like 20 minutes top to do an install with the rootfs tarball.

Curiosity is what made me try it. And that people where bragging about it. Huge disappointment. Nothing werks.

if you have even a mildly unusual setup it takes way longer to fully implement it in void since the repos are (from what i hear) piss poor

ITT: retards who don't know how to enable services or deal with some manual dependency resolution or edit a config file

Void Linux is literally just Slack or Gentoo on easy mode. I've installed it via ncurses and chroot and it works fine. Haters are simply inexperienced and ignorant.

I don't want to do any of that shit and I install Gentoo from a rescue kernel initrd that literally just has busybox dosfstools btrfs-tools and rsync.

>less time consuming to use gentoo instead
What?
Even leaving all the postage problems aside, I can't really use Gentoo on a laptop as a main distro.

Void not only provides one of the best defaults (libressl, minimal deps), but provides one of the best ways to build from source of modify any package it you so desire.

Couple that with runit, one of the best PMs and rather keep repos, to which anyone can contribute and you have the best general use distribution to date.

>namefaggotry
>trippin with shit contribution
>can't handle Void
>>b-but I can do X, which sounds more difficult
I call bullshit.

Attached: hol up.jpg (480x628, 32K)

>Less time consuming
>Packages built from source

Hmmm

Lad.

busybox has fdisk and ifconfig
mkfs.btrfs is part of btrfs-prog
mkfs.vfat is part of dosfstools

You need one vfat efi partition for your kernel.
One btrfs partition for literally any other filesystem.
rsync -avzxe ssh wut@sawako:/ /mnt/root/
rsync -avzxe ssh wut@sawako:/boot/ /mnt/root/boot/

And your fucking done.

Attached: hurr.png (731x455, 48K)

@66681497
(you)

>makes inane complaints about a distro with an auto installer
>copy and pastes commands from his dedicated file on his Windows desktop to show how hardcore he is
Nice try.

Just install Arch.
>inb4 systemd
Artix and Parabola OpenRC are also good alternatives

It works fine for my needs. Playing Vidya, Apache server, steam, discord, 375 mb idle ram usage. Course I could do that with other distros but I hear systemd is cancer and I ain't got time to mess with use flags nor compile from source.

Posting from Gentoo on a Gentoo only system at the moment.

Attached: urafagit.png (1920x1080, 393K)

>5G EFI partition

Attached: 1429177114622.jpg (258x245, 12K)

>virtual machine posting
>no obvious indication that it's Gentoo
user pls

>5G EFI

Attached: 15312136265450.jpg (500x396, 22K)

>5 GiB EFI partition
>the Gentoo wiki says you need like 128 MiB
What's this fuckery?

>5G EFI
areyoufuckingserious.webm

5GB

Attached: Trying_to_find_a_nice_hentai_that_1__aab1ef76edd2b62f9455f1e2eb8d18d3.jpg (600x600, 21K)

Same. The 32-bit packages in particular are a mess.
I installed Gentoo afterwards and never looked back.

>chrome
Ew.

>375 mb idle ram usage
bloat

Kindly requesting for sayonara-player Void repo inclusion.

sayonara-player.com/howto-build.php

Attached: 1530910616249.jpg (1024x562, 83K)