Why are you still using this piece of shit language?

Why are you still using this piece of shit language?

Attached: ass.png (288x242, 6K)

What meme language is that

>single quotes
Heh, nice try buddy. For a moment I almost took your post seriously.

Well Java isn't that bad.

python 36
rope yourself

Looks like NIM or GO or kotlin or whatever new soilanguages came out recently

Does the multiplication throw when int overflows?

Because I'm not autistic.

That question doesn't make any sense. Are you retarded?

Type hint is not type check

Python is a dynamically typed language, OP. You shouldn’t try to program if you don’t know the basics, you know.

This. Type hints are like a precondition, if you want to enforce it raise an exception.

I agree that it's shitty that you can't force the parameter to be of a certain type without checking the type yourself and raising an exception

If you're complaining about the string multiplication though you're a big faggot

i shouldn't have to
why the fuck would i ever want to multiply a string that's retarded. all it does is create no type errors and makes you scratch your head for hours why there's a bug

>He doesn't know how an optional feature works
Sad day

Wow, that type system is absolute shit.

You're complaining that a language which isn't type-safe isn't type-safe. In Python you are not supposed to check the type, instead you fail. If you need to, use isinstance(Real) after importing Real to check if it's a kind of number.

It's not a type system, it's a metadata system. You can put strings or other objects there if you want. You won't be using it most of the time but it can let frameworks do cool things idiomatically.

Integers don't overflow in Python

it's not that bad, it is feature for people(people read programs). You can't "fix" non-static language, but you can improve on readability. It's nice syntax for annotating what gets in and out of a fuction.

Attached: 2018-07-10-150718_1149x297_scrot.png (1149x297, 43K)

That is some of the worst coding I've ever seen. Congratulations. It's not easy to make me wince in disgust.

Attached: Screenshot_20180710_164020.png (246x50, 7K)

>You're complaining that a language which isn't type-safe isn't type-safe
not the guy you're arguing with, but that statement is just retarded.

>you're complaining about $X but $X is reality DURR ARE YOU STUPID WHY WOULD YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING THAT IS CURRENTLY REALITY
no seriously thats how you sound

Why not complaining about using plus so concat strings in every single language except PHP (LOL)
Also it's actually useful, I miss that feature in other languages

>Looks like GO
Yet another proof that anti-Go shills know jack shit.

Dude, Just use the language you want. If python is total shit then don't use it. What do you hope to achieve from this thread?

Not him but I agree with his point. Yes X is reality and that's the whole point of X, if you don't like it simply don't use X. It's like complaining that Java is object oriented, or that shell script is string based with extremely weak typing. They're not made to be otherwise.

For the record I loathe Python for its dynamic typing system, but it's retarded to say "hurr look I can do dynamic typing things, you shouldn't be able to" because it's a defining feature of the language. A valid argument would be "hurr you shouldn't use Python because it's dynamically typed, look for instance what kind of retarded stuff that leads to".

what the fuck is wrong with the letter spacing in this

>hello!hello!
>because we love you all
>para para
>land of the rising sun
>hello!hello!
>thank you for loving music all the way
>every day
>hello!hello!

Attached: 1507842655013.png (866x648, 308K)