Which os?

Hi Jow Forums, I have a crappy laptop, an Asus bullshit with a Celeron N3060 @ 2.40GHz & 4GB of RAM.

Which OS I should take? I tried VoidLinux, It's not super good because compiling with a shit like this is impossible. Same for Gentoo. I'm with LUbuntu right now but I FUCKING HATE this, apt & ppa shit.

I will maybe try Arch on this laptop (i have it on my main desktop).

Which OS would you take, Jow Forums?

Attached: 11e79c5bd7cf103d.png (1280x720, 501K)

Arch is unironically the best choice for a shit laptop, especially since you hate apt for some autistic reason.
t. owned 1.6GHz C2D laptop

Attached: 1491865749390.png (1920x1080, 844K)

OpenSUSE.

MX, since I don't hate apt.

arch has malware in the AUR

Is AUR the Play Store of mainstream Linux?

How do Jow Forums people get stuck with celery and atom cpus when you clearly dislike them? I understand normies looking for small and cheap facebook machines would do.

Did laptop prices skyrocket that much?

Haiku

Xubuntu is the way to go, but since you don't like APT for some reason you should go for Manjaro Xfce instead.

debian of course!

Attached: 1527538646781.png (2000x2477, 330K)

Are true arch user wouldnt even doubt. Please uninstall my OS from you pc's.

>Celeron N3060 @ 2.40GHz
Uh that's about the same performance my laptop has, i use Win10 LTSB on it.

I vote for microwatt,. Even it has apt it should be perfect for your laptop.

manjaro + xfce
though I personally use Mint because I don't hate apt or ppa's and like having program developers know my OS exists [even if by existing it means they only know ubuntu]

fake, I can't even use Windows on it.

Will try Devuan.

Because I don't have money and I did a bad choice 2 years ago.

Really? Never tried.

AUR is the Limewire of linux

I have an Acer Swift 1, which has basically the same specs as your laptop, and it runs Lubuntu + i3 very well. I have no regret.

One of my personal favorites for toasters is Devuan. It's just Debian Linux with systemd stripped out, so it has great stability and pretty low resource usage. Comes with Firefox ESR and XFCE out of the box, which is good enough for shitposting from my 1.6HGz dual core piece of shit from 2006.

>I FUCKING HATE this, apt & ppa shit
Devuan uses apt but the repo management isn't the bastardized Ubuntu version. It's the same as Debian's package management system, which is mediocre but works alright.

Attached: 2018-07-10-144134_1400x1050_scrot.png (1400x1050, 38K)

This

I thought I was the only one who hated apt for no real reason. I just like typing pacman -S instead of apt-get install.

OpenBSD or NetBSD. They can both run on toasters.

You answered your own question with the image you posted

Honestly bro, do not use GNU/Linux. I advice you to install Windows Xp Or Windows 7. I think Debian, Gentoo, or Manjaro are great for you, but i can see is not what you are looking for.

What's wrong with apt? It seems to successfully download and install everything I throw at it, unlike portage in my attempt at a hand-install of gentoo.

Attached: i3_lubuntu.png (1036x542, 754K)

What's wrong with portage? It seems to successfully download, compile and install everything I throw at it

wasn't the case for me, trying to do a terminal install, choosing the version before experimental, following the Gentoo handbook. Merge had a lot of failures. I am a brainlet, though; think I will try again, gentoo or LFS, as a hobbyist, but for now I'm happy with my Lubuntu+i3, getting to know vim.