/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone Guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Attached: 19523_anime_girls_anime_girls_with_headphones.jpg (1920x1200, 482K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Earplugs/b?ie=UTF8&node=3779871
dropbox.com/sh/654wxtmhlq0dhqa/AAAKT-RIbEKpsl-JW7mOnu_9a?preview=Sennheiser HD650.pdf
dropbox.com/sh/654wxtmhlq0dhqa/AAAKT-RIbEKpsl-JW7mOnu_9a
innerfidelity.com/content/neutral-sound-possible-recording-mastering-engineer-weighs
youtube.com/watch?v=hiNdTUxGYCo
magnahifi.com/en/webshop/product/agd-nfb11-28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

buy stax

Attached: tokimonsta.jpg (1294x808, 110K)

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1518099332603.jpg (1920x1200, 1.34M)

buy stax

Eventually, user.
Eventually.

Attached: 1520615496329.png (1280x692, 13K)

hi

Attached: hpg.jpg (2988x5312, 2.91M)

stax

based. this is almost all you need. get Andromeda and Utopia and you're done

HD600 are so ugly. Birds egg paint job.

remove the canpicker referral link farm

why would he do that when he makes money by including it for affiliate monies

I do also own those bad boys

Attached: 20180710_175953.jpg (5312x2988, 3.52M)

They're beautiful and adorable.
You just have no taste.

You're tricking yourself. That's fine with me, stay tricked.

nice medium tier setup user, nothing too pretentious and all around decent quality. sorry you have to live in the uk though.

The real item is better than pictured.
Seriously not photogenic.

My three year old ad2000x has a loose wire problem somewhere, though I can not identify where. Just tilting my head is enough for it to happen but sometimes it just works. I brought it into a local repair shop but was unable to demonstrate the problem. I come back home and the fucking wires give me trouble again. Costs 90 usd plus international shipping to get this fixed at AT US. God damnit.

I do not live in the UK. I am getting STAX once I'm done with my studies.
Next buy is jds labs the element for HD600 and modi 2 for the studio monitors (currently using a fiio X3 II as DAC)

Attached: 20180521_145512.jpg (2371x2868, 3.93M)

RIP user, he fell for the beyer meme.

Attached: 1531237183749.png (623x730, 284K)

give zeos aeon review plox

>I do not live in the UK
sure looks like the uk to me, all white everything, typical uk building style, and an old uk style radiator. what country is that if not the uk, I can't imagine it's actually anywhere else.

i can't take a picture to save my life

Attached: IMG_20180710_115637.jpg (4608x3456, 1.81M)

what is that, x201? looks similar to my x301 but a bit different and I don't know the models that well. nice stax too.

I do not live in the UK

Attached: 20180526_221419.jpg (1997x2449, 3.07M)

Do you reckon he would've killed himself had he went completely deaf instead?

>cans work fine yesterday
>go to sleep
>wake up and put on a song
>blown driver
I wish I never woke up

Attached: 1530070511614.jpg (540x522, 37K)

when I first heard about that I assumed he killed himself for other reasons and they just said it was tinnitus for lawsuit reasons, but after googling it a while I found out tinnitus has actually been pretty well known to drive people to suicide because it can get so unbearable and inescapable

so if he was deaf he probably wouldn't have the same problem. like the thing with suicide is it isn't actually sadness that drives people to do it, sadness makes people paralyzed, it's more about restlessness/agitation mixed with sadness.

>I wish I never woke up
this but every day

What headphones?

I have a theory that he punctured his eardrum(s) somehow, and attributed it to his new headphones. It's like tinnitus on steroids and takes a long time to heal.

I'm in USA and I need some good noise canceling, comfort-oriented earbuds,

DT990s
Had them for years

I wish I were a girl :(

I have seemingly permanent tinnitus after a bad sinus infection over a year ago. It's horrible, but you get used to it in a way. If it were any louder, it could probably drive me insane.

It's a shame he killed himself as there is a surgery available for the most drastic cases where they somehow make you not process the sound.

as far as I know you can hear ringing even if you are deaf, it's brain thing most of all less to do with actual ear damage
I got slight ringing but when I put fingers in my ears it goes away, not sure if it's even tinnitus, might be weird reaction to coil whine in my room from small electronics.
I can see how can it drive someone without self control(meaning ability to ignore sounds) to suicide, it's like that famous water torture.

>noise canceling, comfort-oriented earbuds
amazon.com/Earplugs/b?ie=UTF8&node=3779871

>where they somehow make you not process the sound.
woah, scary.

It's always sad losing an old friend. Have anything new in mind?

serious question, would you consider suicide for real if you lost hearing completely?
I'm half blind so losing ears in addition would make me very sad, for starters.

no way, that's retarded. there's so much more to life than hearing things.

No. I'd probably have a better life if I was deaf. I'd want to do more different things.

Not really, I'm too poor to afford anything worth getting besides maybe the HD202s. Maybe once I find work I'll get something nice, I heard the 600 series from Sennheiser is pretty good.

>I'd want to do more different things.
becoming a stereotypical bookworm doesn't sound so bad I guess

I was one of those for a while. It made me much better at Jeopardy.

AKG K240S are good for the price. Massdrop x AKG M220 (same as AKG k240s) is only $50 on Massdrop. Not the same as your DT 990s, but still good.

Attached: banner3_20171024173840.jpg (1600x485, 83K)

Me too.

Attached: MWVPyMt_d.jpg (640x748, 68K)

Audiophilia and music are just a hobbies to me, not my entire life.

That being said I've already created a suicide plan (written up in open office) and already have carried out a lot of the earlier stages of the plan, so perhaps going deaf would push me to take a few more drastic steps.

that Harman Target HD650 profile got updated
dropbox.com/sh/654wxtmhlq0dhqa/AAAKT-RIbEKpsl-JW7mOnu_9a?preview=Sennheiser HD650.pdf
I'm trying it out right now

Attached: ss+(2018-07-10+at+09.58.29).png (1617x820, 296K)

and? do you like it? got same thing for 600s?

no, hearing isn't even an important sensation. all the other ones are more important.

nah I'd choose hearing over most others

smell < taste < touch < sound < sight

>generation Z doesn't know what direction comparison operators go in

I don't understand what got fucked up for you guys, literally nobody had an issue with this until the 2010s, i never saw anyone get it wrong until this decade

its not your fault but, jesus fuck, the way they changed the education system really fucked kids regarding math

so you think smell is the best sense and sight sucks, lol

>harman is neutral
harman will be v shaped in 2-3 years

? im not the one who is confused

you put the greatest thing on the left always, you dont read comparison operators right to left....

are you baiting or stupid

>you dont read comparison operators right to left
pretty sure he did it intentionally.

Sounds great. I'm comparing the new EQ profile with the old one, and the highs on the older one seem a bit overly forward in comparison. The updated measurement is more accurate to the regular HD650 FR, so the new profile sounds more neutral.
>got same thing for 600s?
There isn't one on there right now, but one might pop up eventually, or you could try contacting him about it
dropbox.com/sh/654wxtmhlq0dhqa/AAAKT-RIbEKpsl-JW7mOnu_9a

pretty sure he didn't. I've been on the internet for over 20 years and nobody *ever* messed up comparison operators before the 2010s. gen z was tuaght math all fucked up and they have no idea how anything works, they're the ones doing it wrong.

Just made a deal on a ATH-M50 for 50 eurobucks. Did I fuck up, /hpg/?
Also want to do the removable cable mod, but I would like to avoid cutting the monitor housing. Is there a way?

lol

We're working on Stax

I picked them up, thanks for the recommendation.

>Neutral
innerfidelity.com/content/neutral-sound-possible-recording-mastering-engineer-weighs

Attached: 1406490886140.jpg (624x500, 65K)

>innerfidelity in 2018
nah

it kinda sucks, but you got it for a decent price at least

Nothing like living in denial.

Sony WH-1000XM2 for 260 euros : yay or nay?

My budget logitech headset died today. I'm considering buying the HD600s, what AMP/DAC would you recommend with them? I will use them mainly with my desktop for music and multimedia. My previous headsets were all low impedance and didn't really need an amp to drive them, so I am pretty clueless about them. I'm on a budget so it shouldn't cost more than the headphones themselves. I'm located in the EU if that's important.

Attached: danz.jpg (470x700, 358K)

Maybe if you're a woman haha
Do you listen to music in the kitchen lol

I've never used Massdrop before and I am to lazy to register just for checking. Can you tell me if that offer is available to EU residents?

stax srx+ amp

My new headphones arrived, meaning that the setup (D30 + O2 + HD 600) is finally complete. And oh boy, is the cable a piece of shit, compared to 598's at least. Build quality seems comparable, which is fine. Also, I'm staring to get the pic related meme.
My O2 is the x2.5 version, should I enable the gain? It seems that x1 powers them rather fine, but maybe it's just me not listening to anything on high volume.

Np, enjoy.
Sorry, I don't know.

nice pic related from url, 4chinkX...

Attached: 1529667736374.jpg (2048x1228, 503K)

when will the government step in to save the population from stax zap induced hair loss :(

>it's a dsd episode

Attached: 1371379253189.jpg (600x400, 176K)

Congrats on the setup, it must sound sweet. Got a pic? I would probably just leave it on low gain, unless you have to go much past 12 o'clock.

NFB-11.28
youtube.com/watch?v=hiNdTUxGYCo
magnahifi.com/en/webshop/product/agd-nfb11-28

Attached: Intererieur.jpg (1280x936, 1.03M)

Try them with your onboard sound first. Dacs and Amps are snake oil (no proof any of them sound different - unless they are completely screwed with).

I may post one later, like, 3 hours later.

What HDAM do you prefer to put in your modded Zero DAC + Koss Porta-Pros rig? I like Sun HDAM but I was thinking about trying Moon. Is it worth it?

Attached: 6fp2mp.jpg (800x533, 30K)

Ok, but the volume would be pretty low with an impedance of 300 Ohm. Wouldn't it?

objective2 + odac from head n hifi

around 60db( I did it I know), and do not be disappointed at first they shine with better amp
try it without amp first, if you feel like they are lacking you can either get smsl m6 or nfb11 depending on your budget

These have no right being this good.

Attached: SHP9500S_27-IMS-en_US.png (494x435, 100K)

#metoo

Ol' TrustyFucks

>no proof any of them sound different
tube amps pretty obviously sound different, but it's nothing you can't do with EQ

How good of a headphone amplifier is my Steinberg UR44 audio interface? Using with HD650's, do I still need a dedicated amp (and dac)?

>no proof any of them sound different - unless they are completely screwed with
Good things sound good (unless they are bad)

Can you use TIDAL with your own music saved on devices storage like with google music? In google music it merges my own music with ones im streaming. Does TIDAL allow that too?

Attached: 31435801_1612298348807906_4013542544636903424_n.jpg (540x540, 45K)

FUCK YEAH THOSE ARE SOME SEXY headphones

here's the pic

So, should I go with x1 or x2.5 on amp?

Attached: 1510053628192.jpg (4160x3120, 2.27M)

Good. Where do you have to put the volume dial to on x1 to get to your comfortable listening level?

Gonna make some music, need some sub 200€ phones bras, I'm and outdated piece of shiet when it comes to the new models.

I currently have some PC360s but they are dying painfully.

Attached: 1501993651946.jpg (1920x1080, 116K)

ME TOO WAT I BUY DUDES?

Pic related is pretty much the max which I use for music, significantly higher (50 to 100% more) on videos with mainly people talking.
So, 30% max for music and 60% max for other things. Something around that. On x1.

I would just leave it on x1 then.