Why don't we make laptops thicker? We could fit a bigger battery and more features in it if we did

Why don't we make laptops thicker? We could fit a bigger battery and more features in it if we did.

Attached: 1523558151596.jpg (1600x900, 62K)

cool to the touch toilet

Attached: holyn.gif (500x375, 391K)

Even thinkpads are slim now, take a look at P52, i wish for T series to be bit thicker because 8th gen CPU-s are 45-45W.

I agree with this. Imagine sticking a Raspberry Pi sized computer in there, either with an ARM chip or Intel Atom. Pack the rest of the case with batteries and make it fanless. You could have a laptop that gets a week's worth of heavy usage.

too many features

More cost to manufacturers, by making them slimmer and integrating more parts into the board costs can be reduced for manufacturing. Also when parts die then you have to buy a new device and so you spend more money on their products.

For consumers there is no a lot of benefit to trade off weight/power for making something smaller, but for manufacturers the benefits are huge. Same thing occurs in the cell phone market.

if only someone else thought of that before

Attached: DgO4M5UNBt1xfvqm.jpg (1600x1200, 284K)

>muh fagbook
Making it a thin piece of shit totally defeats the purpose of the extra battery space, retard.

soiboi's weak arms can't take it, get a laptop built for a man

over 10lbs of silicon and steel, baby

Attached: asus_rog_g703.jpg (678x339, 26K)

NO BULLY
i thought "in there" meant the laptop pictured in the post you replied to

Attached: k.jpg (720x614, 63K)

First we need to get rid of that atrocious 16:9 aspect ration.

Bring back those 4:3 or make those new 3:2 more popular.

Don't worry, in 10 years Apple will start making their laptops thick beefy machines with highly proprietary removable batteries and claim it was their idea.

It's obvious.
You can stack like 3x times more laptops on the same shelf. It's called EFFICIENCY.
duh...

Attached: IsssOJ6.jpg (3264x1836, 1.05M)

I got a G751JY. Excellent piece of equipment. And a Thinkpad x230 for on the move. Cant think of abetter combo

because it's a fucking race to see which company can have less features while being slimmer/smaller more compact than the competition

Thicker laptops with bigger batteries increase the weight though, it's the reason why I carry my shitty Acer everywhere instead of an actual good laptop.

why would any company waste R&D dollars creating something that caters to basement dwellers who never leave the house, and spend all their time compiling linux kernels and posting fizzbuzz solutions on an indonesian basket weaving forum. those losers don't have buying power.

Why don't we just make batteries thinner?

Attached: 1528500060964.jpg (600x599, 43K)

certain figures are holding battery tech back

how many figures are we talking? ive been saving for a few years

by certain figures he meant the Illuminati (or lizardmen, or whatever)

Why don't you buy a power bank? It's easier than expecting that the manufacturers will make a thick laptop that no one will buy.

Becuz muh minimalism!!

>weeks
no

You lost an apostrophe there, buddy.

Because outside of niche workstations and gaming laptops they're portable devices. Basically any modern ultrabook will get you 8 hours which is around the point that people stop caring, and they already have every feature they need, therefore the competition is weight and thinness.

Fags can't handle carrying anything over 10 pounds around.

>Why don't we make laptops thicker?
Brilliant idea. No need to cart them around.

Attached: Macintosh_Portable-IMG_7541.jpg (4656x3104, 716K)