yourlogicalfallacyis.com/
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy-fallacy
github.com/maharmstone/btrfs
github.com/openzfsonwindows/ZFSin
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ok

templeos doesn't support NTFS

Oh boy, fragmentation is surely the best feature. I love running unnecessary background processes just to keep my drive from slowing down. The extra read and writes from defragging definitely wouldn't make my drive lives shorter.

It's not open source. We don't know what lies beyond the edge of the observable [NTFS] universe.

Attached: Briandunning-HereBeDragons229.jpg (300x300, 63K)

lol at all those claims without any citation

You mean the OP?

Defrag brought to you by Microsoft.

(You)

Ntfs couldn't even transport files larger than 4gb on x86 and 8gb on x64. Meanwhile osx was unlimited. Also registry was a bad idea and shouldn't exist anymore

I have more than 4294967295 files.

You have a 16 petabyte storage? Can I see it?

Reiserfs for you.

what is an unlikely scenario?

>the macfag appears shilling the garbage FSs apple produces
Nothing outside of ZFS and btrfs really makes any sense, but if you can't use those then at least NTFS is decent unlike the piece of shit hfs and their new pajeet fs

M$ fragmented you disks for over two decades. Up until flash storage came aournd and now no one bats an eye. :rolling eyes gif:

Gimped. Limited. Obsolete. Proprietary. There is no reason to USE it. At least fat32 is ubiquitously supported, core NTFS support only exist on Windows.

3/10 bait, made me reply.

>he doesn't use FAT32 for best crossplatform support between windows and linux

Attached: 1531149082105.jpg (1920x1080, 184K)

You should grow a beard and not shower to complete your stereotype.

big brain meme.jpg

Can't store a file larger than (2^32)-1 bytes

ad hominem

le falacy meme

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

oh boy is reddit not entertaining enough for you anymore?

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy

1 word: distributed

t. salty

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy-fallacy

This.

Anything other than fat32 or redsea is for CIA niggers

Yeah, that's exactly why I don't use it.

user point out ug flaw
ug angry
ug say no u with fake link
ug happy

Attached: IMG_1887.jpg (800x450, 45K)

Gosh, you really are retarded then.

macOS doesn't run on NTFS. It supports it for read/write, but AFAIK you can't actually install and boot macOS on NTFS, which makes your statement incorrect. That's not even counting the 100% of supercomputers that absolutely do not run on NTFS, and the 80%+ web servers.

In other words, your statement is objectively false and you're a faggot.

Found the zoomer.

But the claim is "there is NO reason to use anything other than ntfs".
That was a reason. An unlikely one, but still a reason.

btrfs snapshots

>lemme just copy my 5GB file onto my fat partition

Uh, if you care about your data and want it to stay viable for long term use without errors then your only options are ZFS or ReFS. Period. Sure for a desktop or portable computer NTFS is fine. But for data that can/does sit on a drive operating 24/7 for years such as a server, NTFS is poor choice. Put it another way; Say back in 2012 you ripped your entire media collection. Took you 6 months of work but you did it. Those discs are now packed away in storage. Over time you've only added to your library by means of torrents/other disc rips. So now by 2018 your library is quite large. If that is on a NTFS formatted volume there is 50/50 chance those media files are fucked up. Backups will not save you cause again, 50/50 chance the backups contain bad data as well. So now your left with no choice but to redo the whole lot from the ground up cause you've no idea how far the "bad" data extends. So congrats, you will now spend a year of your time redoing your whole library all over again.

Fucking hell, I really gotta make the swap for Linux-only. Only my POS work macbook is keeping me from ZFS sweetness

github.com/maharmstone/btrfs
github.com/openzfsonwindows/ZFSin
While btrfs had its fair share of flaws, ZFS is pretty good.

Attached: 1530894170458.jpg (800x1200, 190K)

If you need to use more than one short sentence to explain why it's better it's not really better.

Yes, that was only a media library. just think of the data that you can't replace. Digital Photos for example or your Financial docs. A nice thing about doing your own rips is that you know the source disc is mint shape. So your rip will be perfect. No skipping,etc. Least it was perfect, after a few yrs on an NTFS volume, who's to say what shape it'll be in. That risk only climbs if you don't use a UPS on the server.

shut the fuck up lmao

Posting anime invalidades any good opinions you might have.

Attached: snap.jpg (1024x752, 93K)

>anime website

Attached: 1529984402487.jpg (640x977, 136K)

I'm sorry I thought this was were the white nationalists hung out?

there is a large overlap

>implying white nationalist don't praise japanese made cartoons

Attached: 1530901436483.jpg (300x286, 12K)

exFAT>NTFS

For all its problems, NTFS is the most rock solid stable filesystem I've used. No matter how many fucking power outages or other types of disc issues, my data is always safe. I'm afraid I can't say the same for any of the other filesystems I've tried.

I DO think that it's time for a change, but if we actually want to make any impact, we need Microsoft to throw in the towel and actively support whatever filesystem we decide to make standard or we will simply be stuck using NTFS for even longer because "that's what Windows uses!"

>fragmentation
>SSD
pick one.

Yea NTFS is quite functional but it is getting long in the tooth. Apple realized that about HFS+ and has made and implemented(or is implementing) a new file system. Microsoft was previously working on one called WinFS, I think. Its probably still around and might be called something else, but I imagine they will switch to it when its ready.

"Time for a change" isn't enough of a motivator I think, NTFS works well enough so until it starts actively breaks things it's unlikely it will be replaced.

The bright side however is that the replacement is likely to be open source with how the industry is going nowadays.

did a quick google serach...
Replacement for NTFS is called ReFS. It is being actively developed and is already present in Win10 for Enterprise and Win10 for Workstations.

>he still has to defrag like it's the 90's
lmao the eternal wincuck. stay pathetic

dont have to defrag SSDs user

Just because they are developing it doesn't mean it will become a replacement anytime soon, even if they want it to be and try to push it on people.

>defragmentation

thats why I said, present and not default. I am well aware that it will be a long time before its pushed out tot he masses.
It was the same with the FAT32 to NTFS transition. Default was FAT32 but NTFS was there and available if you new about it and how to switch to it. It was offered that way for a very long time. I dont think NTFS became default until XP SP2 or so

This is a newfag, I can tell from some of the opinions and from having seen quite a few newfags in my time

Jesus man, you must have been on Four Chan for at least like, a few days! Whew!

NTFS was available for OS install starting in Windows 2k (1999). Was not mandatory till Vista due to the install size finally busting the 4GB file size FAT32 limit. ReFS was available in Server 2012. Gained much needed complete volume + file data integrity checksum ability in R2 edition plus can finally use on Parity volumes (must enable manually via PS). Note: Windows Ten (latest version) cannot create ReFs volumes. That ability has been taken away. Is now restricted to Server only versions

I'd like to see HAMMER2 ported to OpenBSD and Linux, it's a damn cool project. ZFS reliability, FFS minimalism.

Wow you sure got me there. But seriously, too much of neo Jow Forums doesn't understand that all of Jow Forums is weeaboo territory

I'd like to see ZFS on windows. Someone did start such a thing but it's still limited and/or stalled I think.